The Radiohead thread

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 14 2009, 10:21 PM)
I've heard a lot about Radiohead (Sunshine, I think you've talked about them before in chat..... laugh.gif ), and I've read about 'em, but I haven't bought anything yet.

So why in the hell am I posting here? Well, while checking my e-mail, I saw a feature story about Radiohead, and how they "dissed" Miley (pure bullshit), so I figured - f**k it, I need to hear something by these guys.

What albums should I start with?

Thanks from Xanny. trink39.gif

A lot of people are going to tell you OK Computer is the greatest album of the 90's, but it's not!

First go with The Bends, then pick up In Rainbows.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 14 2009, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 14 2009, 10:21 PM)
I've heard a lot about Radiohead (Sunshine, I think you've talked about them before in chat.....  laugh.gif  ), and I've read about 'em, but I haven't bought anything yet.

So why in the hell am I posting here? Well, while checking my e-mail, I saw a feature story about Radiohead, and how they "dissed" Miley (pure bullshit), so I figured - f**k it, I need to hear something by these guys.

What albums should I start with?

Thanks from Xanny.  trink39.gif

A lot of people are going to tell you OK Computer is the greatest album of the 90's, but it's not!

Good job getting your post in before everybody else. tongue.gif

And yes it is.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Mar 14 2009, 10:48 PM)
Start with The Bends and go chronologically from there.

What about the debut, Pablo Honey? Is it not that good?

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 15 2009, 06:36 AM)

No it isn't. There are like 4 good songs on it besides "Creep," and the band never plays anything from it (even that song) live. No reason to have it unless you're a completist.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 15 2009, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 15 2009, 06:36 AM)

No it isn't. There are like 4 good songs on it besides "Creep," and the band never plays anything from it (even that song) live. No reason to have it unless you're a completist.

Ah, I see. I almost picked up In Rainbows Saturday at Best Buy, then I almost picked up OK Computer, but I ended up getting Van Halen's debut. I'm trying to save up money again, so I can go buy one.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Apr 4 2009, 05:45 PM)
So with them playing Reading, is there any possible chance we might see Radiohead coming back to the U.S at all in 2009?

Before that was announced, Ed said they were going to be doing a "limited amount" of touring this summer. The fact that they're doing these two festivals in the UK makes me think that said touring will be Europe rather than the US.

But I have no doubt they'll do another full-blown US tour come 2010.

Well, I did it.....

I picked up In Rainbows today! bncegrn.gif

I haven't listened to it yet (I'm listening to my new The Who cd), but I'll tell y'all how I felt about it.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Apr 11 2009, 03:18 PM)
Well, I did it.....

I picked up In Rainbows today! bncegrn.gif

I haven't listened to it yet (I'm listening to my new The Who cd), but I'll tell y'all how I felt about it.

Awesome. What did you think of it?

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Apr 13 2009, 03:21 PM)
Well, I did it.....

I picked up In Rainbows today!  bncegrn.gif

I thought you were older working man, around 35-38...

cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 13 2009, 12:23 PM)
Well, I did it.....

cool.gif

18...close enough. wink.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Apr 13 2009, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 13 2009, 12:23 PM)
Well, I did it.....

cool.gif

18...close enough. wink.gif

You have that old man thing going on like Goobs (except he actually is an old man)

laugh.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Apr 13 2009, 04:21 PM)
Well, I did it.....

It seemed sorta electronic to me - not that it was bad, just different than most of my iTunes library. It'll probably grow on me.

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...the_studio.html

Radiohead's Colin Greenwood has told Nme.com the Oxford band have begun recording their new album with producer Nigel Godrich.

The bassist revealed that the band went into the studio to start work on the follow-up to 2007's "In Rainbows" last week (beginning May 11)

"We've just started work [in the studio] last week," he said. "It's really cool and everything is sounding great. It's early days and it is a bit like having a scrapbook at the moment because everything is up in the air, but it's good to be back in the studio."

He was quick to praise Godrich, who has produced every Radiohead album since 1997's "OK Computer".

"He's brilliant," Greenwood gushed. "He can make everything sound like it's working together rather than us trying to kill each other."

Greenwood was speaking at Brighton's Great Escape festival, which took place over the weekend (May 13-16).

Awesome news and great to hear that Godrich will be returning once again. I can't wait.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ May 18 2009, 10:45 PM)
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Radiohead's Colin Greenwood has told Nme.com the Oxford band have begun recording their new album with producer Nigel Godrich.

The bassist revealed that the band went into the studio to start work on the follow-up to 2007's "In Rainbows" last week (beginning May 11)

"We've just started work [in the studio] last week," he said. "It's really cool and everything is sounding great. It's early days and it is a bit like having a scrapbook at the moment because everything is up in the air, but it's good to be back in the studio."

He was quick to praise Godrich, who has produced every Radiohead album since 1997's "OK Computer".

"He's brilliant," Greenwood gushed. "He can make everything sound like it's working together rather than us trying to kill each other."

Greenwood was speaking at Brighton's Great Escape festival, which took place over the weekend (May 13-16).

Awesome news and great to hear that Godrich will be returning once again. I can't wait.

Sick.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ May 19 2009, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ May 18 2009, 10:45 PM)
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sick.

Cool... Hopefully this allows me enough time to buy the rest of the albums I do not have.

In Rainbows bitchslapped me two weeks ago. It's a terrific album. Some of my personal favorites are "15 Step", "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi", and "Videotape".