The Radiohead thread

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 30 2008, 02:05 PM)
Just got back. I can't remember the exact order, but these are the songs they played;

15 Step
Bodysnatchers
Nude
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
All I Need
Faust Arp
Reckoner
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Videotape
Bangers & Mash
Airbag
Paranoid Android
Karma Police
No Suprises
Lucky
Everything In It's Right Place
The National Anthem
Optimistic
Idioteque
2+2=5
The Gloaming
There There
Myxomatosis
Fake Plastic Trees
Just
The Pyramid Song

Damn. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 16 2008, 08:15 PM)
I just want to reiterate the fact that I have pit seats for the Seattle show. Just to make you all jealous.

Nah! With such a crappy setlist you should be the one who is jealous! laugh.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 16 2008, 09:49 PM)
Honestly, Radiohead is one of those bands where you could literally pick 25 of their songs at random and it would be a great setlist.

Yeah. They're pretty much that good.

I saw them years ago when I worked security for the Tibetan Freedom Concerts at Randall's Island in NYC and a year later, as a fan, at RFK Stadium in Washington DC.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 16 2008, 06:49 PM)
Honestly, Radiohead is one of those bands where you could literally pick 25 of their songs at random and it would be a great setlist.

You might get unlucky enough to wind up with a bunch of their less noteworthy numbers from Pablo Honey, Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief...but it'd probably still be a good show laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jul 16 2008, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 30 2008, 02:05 PM)
Just got back. I can't remember the exact order, but these are the songs they played;

15 Step
Bodysnatchers
Nude
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
All I Need
Faust Arp
Reckoner
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Videotape
Bangers & Mash
Airbag
Paranoid Android
Karma Police
No Suprises
Lucky
Everything In It's Right Place
The National Anthem
Optimistic
Idioteque
2+2=5
The Gloaming
There There
Myxomatosis
Fake Plastic Trees
Just
The Pyramid Song

Damn. ohmy.gif

Yeah exactly.

It might be the closest to a hits set they play this tour, but, 10 from In Rainbows, 5 from OK, 4 from Hail and Kid A, 2 from The Bends and 1 from Amnesiac is pretty much amazing. Especially the bit about the third encore. I don't think I mentioned that.

I love this band right now.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 16 2008, 07:17 PM)
Pablo Honey is not that bad. It's no masterpiece but it's a nice listen every now and then.

It's not bad, it's just not that good. There's hardly anything I'd call "unlistenable" on it, but it's just mostly monotonous.

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jul 17 2008, 08:14 AM)
Pablo Honey is not that bad.  It's no masterpiece but it's a nice listen every now and then.

It's not bad, it's just not that good. There's hardly anything I'd call "unlistenable" on it, but it's just mostly monotonous.

I'd say that Pablo Honey is a better album overall than Hail To The Thief, but I agree with you that it's not one of their best. It's still a good album, though.

QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Jul 17 2008, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jul 17 2008, 08:14 AM)
Pablo Honey is not that bad.  It's no masterpiece but it's a nice listen every now and then.

I'd say that Pablo Honey is a better album overall than Hail To The Thief, but I agree with you that it's not one of their best. It's still a good album, though.

HTTT, is much better, it has elements of all the radiohead eras.

and a better cover art tongue.gif

Weird....I just found a Radiohead CD in my brother's room, Kid A, which is strange because he listens to nothing but classical. This is the first CD of their's I've managed to get my hands on so maybe I'll give it a listen.....I'm a total noob to this band just so everyone's aware. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jul 29 2008, 03:36 PM)
Weird....I just found a Radiohead CD in my brother's room, Kid A, which is strange because he listens to nothing but classical. This is the first CD of their's I've managed to get my hands on so maybe I'll give it a listen.....I'm a total noob to this band just so everyone's aware. biggrin.gif

Listen to OK Computer before you listen to Kid A, unless you're into really abstract electronic music. Don't get me wrong, Kid A is brilliant, it's just not the best one to start with.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 29 2008, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jul 29 2008, 03:36 PM)
Weird....I just found a Radiohead CD in my brother's room, Kid A, which is strange because he listens to nothing but classical.  This is the first CD of their's I've managed to get my hands on so maybe I'll give it a listen.....I'm a total noob to this band just so everyone's aware.  biggrin.gif

Listen to OK Computer before you listen to Kid A, unless you're into really abstract electronic music. Don't get me wrong, Kid A is brilliant, it's just not the best one to start with.

Kid A is the second best Radiohead album there is, after In Rainbows, of course.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 29 2008, 03:52 AM)
So my tickets came today.

Just wanted to check and see if anyone else is going to be in the pit for any of their US shows.

No?

That's what I thought.

you know, with all due respect, I hate you.

Have a nice concert

Well I listened to Kid A yesterday and.....well.......it's a very interesting album. I definitely need to give it several more listens but I liked it. smile.gif Although it does seem a little odd to make a mostly electronic album when you have 3 guitar players..... laugh.gif tongue.gif I might pick up OK Computer the next time I go out.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:15 AM)
I just want to reiterate the fact that I have pit seats for the Seattle show. Just to make you all jealous.

Seats?! Man, that just won't beat jostling for postition and dancing with other people. Not to rain on your parade, pit seats would be incredible to see them, but I danced for most of the Kid A and Hail To The Thief songs - Never had so much fun at a gig in my life.

You'd better get good pictures.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jul 30 2008, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:15 AM)

Seats?! Man, that just won't beat jostling for postition and dancing with other people. Not to rain on your parade, pit seats would be incredible to see them, but I danced for most of the Kid A and Hail To The Thief songs - Never had so much fun at a gig in my life.

You'd better get good pictures.

I misspoke. I used "seats" to mean "tickets." Floor is standing. So I am going to be dancing. I might even get my Soulja Boy on during "Paranoid Android."

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jul 30 2008, 09:05 PM)
Well I listened to Kid A yesterday and.....well.......it's a very interesting album. I definitely need to give it several more listens but I liked it. smile.gif Although it does seem a little odd to make a mostly electronic album when you have 3 guitar players..... laugh.gif tongue.gif I might pick up OK Computer the next time I go out.

Do you have the Bends? If not, check that out.