The Radiohead thread

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I wasn't able to go to a show (I have heard nothing but great things about it). Thanks to the band for an incredible tour and an amazing new album and for putting 200% into every gig they play. trink39.gif to one of the greatest bands. Edited by theworkingman

15 favorite Radiohead songs (in order) Narrowing it down to ten was to hard laugh.gif

1.Fake Plastic Trees

2.Everything in its right place

3.Idioteque

4.Climbing up the walls

5.Videotape

6.Karma Police

7.Subterranean Homesick Alien

8.Talk show host

9.Paranoid Android

10.Lucky

11.Dollars and Cents

12.House of Cards

13.All I Need

14.The Gloaming

15.Planet Telex

I'm not a huge fan, but lately I've been getting into there stuff more and more...would love to see them live. how much are tickets about? and they touring in california?

QUOTE (Lamneth @ Aug 29 2008, 09:06 PM)
I'm not a huge fan, but lately I've been getting into there stuff more and more...would love to see them live. how much are tickets about? and they touring in california?

Unfortunately they just played their final show of the tour in Santa Barbara last night. I wasn't able to go either.

Next tour. trink39.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Aug 30 2008, 11:01 PM)
So how long until they're back on the road? unsure.gif laugh.gif

They have a handful of shows in Japan in October, and other than that nothing for the rest of 2008. Nothing's ever certain with them, but I wouldn't rule out another run of US dates in spring/early summer. After having seen them once, I'm going to make as many shows as I can on the next tour. They're the kind of band that's worth seeing more than once on the same tour because, without fail, they switch their setlists up by 5 or 10 songs every night. I don't think they've ever played the same set twice.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 30 2008, 11:10 PM)
So how long until they're back on the road?  unsure.gif  laugh.gif

They have a handful of shows in Japan in October, and other than that nothing for the rest of 2008. Nothing's ever certain with them, but I wouldn't rule out another run of US dates in spring/early summer. After having seen them once, I'm going to make as many shows as I can on the next tour. They're the kind of band that's worth seeing more than once on the same tour because, without fail, they switch their setlists up by 5 or 10 songs every night. I don't think they've ever played the same set twice.

Well didn't they tour through 2006 while recording In Rainbows, and promoting a lot of stuff from the album while on tour? I would love to see them back in the U.S next year. If they do, I'm going to try to go to multiple shows, or if they do two nights at a venue (like this year at hollywood bowl) i'll be at both those shows. I really want to see this band live. And yeah, I don't think they've ever played the same set twice.

Edited by theworkingman

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 31 2008, 07:10 AM)
So how long until they're back on the road?  unsure.gif  laugh.gif

They almost did in the UK. They played the same setlist for Glasgow and Manchester, with one exception, we got Lucky as a third encore.

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Aug 29 2008, 05:52 PM)
15 favorite Radiohead songs (in order) Narrowing it down to ten was to hard laugh.gif

1.Fake Plastic Trees
2.Everything in its right place
3.Idioteque
4.Climbing up the walls
5.Videotape
6.Karma Police
7.Subterranean Homesick Alien
8.Talk show host
9.Paranoid Android
10.Lucky
11.Dollars and Cents
12.House of Cards
13.All I Need
14.The Gloaming
15.Planet Telex

Hmmm ( 1 being highest)

1. Idoiteque

2. Nude

3.Where I end...

4.Weird fishes

5.Airbag

6.Street Spirit

7.All I need

8.Pearly

9. sail to the moon

10.Fake plastic

11. Nice Dream

12.HTDC

13. Everything in its...

14.Let Down

15. Knives out

I am bumping this thread solely to express my opinion that "Bodysnatchers" is not only one of the best Radiohead songs I've ever heard, but one of the best songs of all time. IMO. From about 2:06-2:54 or so is just pure musical bliss... just that whole section is jizz-worthy.

(Please don't be offended at my use of the word 'jizz', I mean it only in the musical sense in that I just... get off on that part. You know what I mean.)

QUOTE (Rush! @ Oct 31 2008, 06:48 PM)
I am bumping this thread solely to express my opinion that "Bodysnatchers" is not only one of the best Radiohead songs I've ever heard, but one of the best songs of all time. IMO. From about 2:06-2:54 or so is just pure musical bliss... just that whole section is jizz-worthy.

(Please don't be offended at my use of the word 'jizz', I mean it only in the musical sense in that I just... get off on that part. You know what I mean.)

This song grew on me A LOT and it really is a great song. My second favorite off In Rainbows and some great guitar by Mr Greenwood and Yorke. I like the lyrics too. The intense buildup of energy at the very end of the song is just amazing.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Nov 1 2008, 01:15 AM)

This song grew on me A LOT and it really is a great song. My second favorite off In Rainbows and some great guitar by Mr Greenwood and Yorke. I like the lyrics too. The intense buildup of energy at the very end of the song is just amazing.

I liked the song instantly.

What is your favorite off In Rainbows?

Yeah that buildup at the end is amazing. 1287.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Nov 1 2008, 07:37 AM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Nov 1 2008, 01:15 AM)

I liked the song instantly.

What is your favorite off In Rainbows?

Yeah that buildup at the end is amazing. 1287.gif

I liked it instantly also but it was in my bottom 5 around the time I bought In Rainbows which isn't really saying much because every song on that album is great but I liked it more and more each time I listened to it. My favorite off In Rainbows is All I Need

Top 5 are

All I Need

Bodysnatchers

Weird Fishes

15 Step

Nude

And I LOVE the version of Videotape Pre-IR. The one that they would play live often on the 2006 tour.

Amazing album.

Edited by theworkingman

My top 5 would be:

Bodysnatchers

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

15 Step

All I Need

Reckoner

And yeah, In Rainbows is an incredible album. I think it may be in my top 3 Radiohead albums now.

Edited by Rush!

Also, I know this is a little late but first Latin American dates have been confirmed for Spring 2009. Praying that they come back to the U.S! Maybe we'll hear new material at these L.A shows which would be great. Edited by theworkingman

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Sep 28 2008, 09:58 PM)
bumper.gif

FINALLY bought The Eraser! biggrin.gif
I love Cymbal Rush and the title track.
Analyse is probably my favorite though.
Good album.

Good album indeed, Kid B if you ask me =D

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/capito...003930108.story

Capitol is continuing its repackaging of Radiohead's back catalog with expanded CD/DVD editions of the band's first three albums. "Pablo Honey," "The Bends" and "OK Computer" will be available March 24 as two-CD sets or two-CD/one-DVD versions.

In addition, 12 Radiohead EPs, beginning with 1992's "Drill" EP and concluding with the "2+2=5" single, will come out on vinyl April 21.

"Pablo Honey" is expanded with the aforementioned "Drill" EP, the "Creep" single, and a four-song BBC session from June 1992, among other rarities. The DVD includes four videos, a "Top of the Pops" appearance and nine songs taped in May 1994 at London's Astoria.

"The Bends" is augmented with the classic "My Iron Lung" single, a 1994 BBC session and additional songs from the Astoria concert. "OK Computer" includes a four-song BBC session from 1997 and the singles for "Paranoid Android," "Karma Police" and "No Surprises."

Radiohead left Capitol parent EMI in 2007 after a 15-year relationship, and promptly offered its new album, "In Rainbows," as a name-your-own-price download. The physical version was released by TBD/ATO in early 2008.

Capitol has since repackaged the band's studio albums on vinyl and as a boxed set and released a "Best Of" collection.

Radiohead returns to live duty in March for a short swing of South American shows, with support from Kraftwerk.

bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

Well yesterday I was looking through youtube and I came across some Pro-Shot footage of Radiohead's Tokyo show (10/5/2008) I'm not sure where it's from or how many of you have seen it but a good portion of the full set was filmed and posted. It's shot beautifully and it sounds great. Downloaded a torrent of and I am watching it as I type this. If any of you are interested in seeing this

Set list:

0:46 15 Step

5:17 Just

9:37 There There

15:06 All I Need

19:17 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

24:30 The Gloaming

28:03 Optimistic

32:36 Jigsaw Falling Into Place

36:30 Idioteque

40:34 Fake Plastic Trees

45:28 Bodysnatchers

49:47 Videotape

54:53 Paranoid Android

1:01:35 Reckoner

1:06:57 Everything In Its Right Place

1:14:20 My Iron Lung

1:19:51 How To Disappear Completely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KwNyr_oCM0

There is a link to the DVD torrent in the Info on that video. Also the entire Glastonbury and Thumbs Down webcast have been uploaded. Enjoy.

Edited by theworkingman

I finally bought my first Radiohead CD!!!.........well two weeks ago.

Ok Computer.......... fan-f***ing-tastic!!!!!!!! Awesome album!

I just ordered KID A through Amazon today....... I cant wait