The Radiohead thread

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 18 2009, 06:03 PM)
I finally bought my first Radiohead CD!!!.........well two weeks ago.

Ok Computer.......... fan-f***ing-tastic!!!!!!!! Awesome album!

I just ordered KID A through Amazon today....... I cant wait

cheer.gif applaudit.gif

Glad you liked it Owl. Welcome to the magical world of Radiohead. laugh.gif

Kid A is a great album. After that, I recommend In Rainbows, their most recent album which recently became my favorite.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pricelesss.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...-of-miley-cyrus

Radiohead Suffer the Wrath of Miley Cyrus
"Stinkin' Radiohead! I'm gonna ruin them"

Two words I never thought I'd write on this website: It's Miley! Teen pop queen Miley Cyrus may resemble a Juicy Couture mom, but she's figured out the most direct route into our little P4k news bubble-- dissing Radiohead. (Hey, it worked for Robert Smith and Kanye.) Bitching to Portland morning zoo radio hosts Johnjay and Rich, the teen pop idol recently relayed an ADD-addled story about how Radiohead snubbed her at this year's Grammys (via Stereogum). Listen to the whole gum-smacking interview here.

The gist: Apparently, Radiohead are the only band in the world Miley "would cry over," and "they're the reason I love music," which is shocking enough. (Next thing you know her favorite album turns out to be Amnesiac and she's doing an acoustic cover of "Like Spinning Plates" in concert.) So when she tried to get her people to pull some strings for an awkward backstage meeting at the Grammys, Radiohead's crew told Miley's crew that the band "doesn't really do that." Amazing.

This did not sit well with Miley-- a girl, I imagine, who doesn't hear the word "no" too often. "The reason I'm in this business is to make people happy," she said, suggesting Radiohead are not in it to make people smile. No shit! Radiohead are about making people miserable-- beautifully, heart-explodingly miserable! Get it straight, Cyrus!

She said, "I left 'cause I was so upset. I wasn't going to watch. Stinkin' Radiohead! I'm gonna ruin them, I'm going to tell everyone." While it's possible she was kidding, it's kinda hard to tell.

The Disney megastar also admitted that "if someone else pukes, I start puking" during the interview. Just a little factoid for you there.

Radiohead to do list

[X] Win a Grammy

[X] Destroy the show with performance

[X] Make Miley Cyrus Cry

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 6 2009, 12:20 PM)
Picked up "In Rainbows" today..

I'll upload it to iTunes later

Awesome Owl! I know you'll love it even if it takes a few listens. This album will grow on you like crazy. The same goes for Kid A. I know it will grow on you eventually. It took me about a year until I "understood" it.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Mar 7 2009, 03:59 PM)

Awesome Owl! I know you'll love it even if it takes a few listens. This album will grow on you like crazy. The same goes for Kid A. I know it will grow on you eventually. It took me about a year until I "understood" it.

Kid A and In Rainbows are both better than OK Computer.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 7 2009, 02:21 PM)

eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

I can't wait for the day that you come here and post that OK Computer is the greatest album of the 90's and it's your favorite Radiohead album of all time.

smile.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Mar 7 2009, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 7 2009, 02:21 PM)

eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

I can't wait for the day that you come here and post that OK Computer is the greatest album of the 90's and it's your favorite Radiohead album of all time.

smile.gif

old.gif Hey, I was into Radiohead when you were probably still in diapers! I bought OK Computer the week it came out! It's overrated! In Rainbows and Kid A and The Bends and Amnesiac are all better albums! After 12 years my mind is made up! tongue.gif

http://991.com/newGallery/Radiohead-Rocks-Germany-200-456811.jpg

Picked this live album today, from the Kid A/Amnesiac era.

Killer setlist, sound, performance. it's perferct!

CD1

01.The National Anthem

02.Morning Bell

03.Lucky

04.Talk Show Host

05.In Limbo

06.My Iron Lung

07.Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box

08.Exit Music

09.No Surprises

10.Dollars And Cents

11.Street Spirit

12.You And Whose Army?

13.Karma Police

CD2

01.I Might Be Wrong

02.Pyramid Song

03.Paranoid Android

04.Idioteque

05.Everything In Its Right Place

06.Airbag

07.Just

08.The Bends

That's a great set list. Never seen that.

Also Owl, you can't go wrong with getting boots from Earls Court or Bonnaroo.

Oh and NPR has a free live Podcast of their Santa Barbara show that sounds really great and it's an awesome show.

Edited by theworkingman

Radiohead are one of my favorites.

That being said...

They haven't played Detroit in 12 years.

Why should Detroiters support Radiohead, since they obviously don't care about us?

I won't ever again support them or pay a dime for anything Radiohead.

QUOTE (JPRushHed @ Mar 14 2009, 12:44 PM)
Radiohead are one of my favorites.
That being said...

They haven't played Detroit in 12 years.
Why should Detroiters support Radiohead, since they obviously don't care about us?

I won't ever again support them or pay a dime for anything Radiohead.

I don't think Radiohead really care for anyone apart from themselves. And Tibet.

I've heard a lot about Radiohead (Sunshine, I think you've talked about them before in chat..... laugh.gif ), and I've read about 'em, but I haven't bought anything yet.

So why in the hell am I posting here? Well, while checking my e-mail, I saw a feature story about Radiohead, and how they "dissed" Miley (pure bullshit), so I figured - f**k it, I need to hear something by these guys.

What albums should I start with?

Thanks from Xanny. trink39.gif