Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 11 2009, 06:55 PM)
Does anyone know of any good boots from this tour so far?

I need to set up a new DIME account.... I don't have my old log in information... and the email that my account was linked to no longer exists.

No luck on my search and based on some posts here, I think it will be highly unlikely.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 12 2009, 08:13 AM)

I need to set up a new DIME account.... I don't have my old log in information... and the email that my account was linked to no longer exists.

No luck on my search and based on some posts here, I think it will be highly unlikely.

I created a new account and could not find anything on a search...hopefully some of the European show will have some good boots.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 12 2009, 12:04 PM)

I created a new account and could not find anything on a search...hopefully some of the European show will have some good boots.

If by chance you find one, please let me know. I'll do the same.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 12 2009, 11:23 AM)

Ill keep checking DIME regularly..... I got a good boot from the FOABP tour, the show from Paris..... that torrent is no longer there..in Fact there are no PT boots on the site I can find at all.

What are some other good sites you can try

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 12 2009, 01:01 PM)

Ill keep checking DIME regularly..... I got a good boot from the FOABP tour, the show from Paris..... that torrent is no longer there..in Fact there are no PT boots on the site I can find at all.

PT shows are no longer allowed on the Dime or Traders Den. sad.gif

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Oct 12 2009, 02:30 PM)

That sucks......... oh, well

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 11 2009, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 11 2009, 05:39 AM)
Wow. Aren't Porcupine Tree getting a little bit good now!

Last night was a phenomenal experience, certainly the best concert of theres I've attended. Had excellent seats; they didn't allocate specific seats to the ROABP scheme(so be warned anyone who has joined and thought otherwise!), you just turned up and it was first come first serve, so ended up scoring seats front row and a little to the right of Colin, so I had an uninterrupted view of Gavin all night which was deinfintely a good thing.

As you all know, they opened with The Incident in the first half. Very, very intense. I don't quite know why it was intense; maybe it was being able to see the concentration on the bands' faces, maybe it was the music having no breaks between songs, maybe it was the backing videos. I don't know. But it felt like listening to a new album for the first time except you have the band infront of you playing it rather than a stereo system. It was a serious performance as well; hardly any audience interaction, hardly any audience participation, a proper sit down, listen and appreciate moment. The second half was far more fun, with a relaxed atmosphere. Obviously, it's always fun to hear some of the older stuff played again, and the familiarity relaxed both band and audience, with SW pleading with us to stand up for Pills I'm Taking and the rest of the set, so I was leaning on the stage for most of the night. Apart from a slight technical hitch with SW's in-ear monitors, which for some reason prompted a breakout of Freebird requests(he's heard it way too many times since the DVD apparently), the set ran seamlessly. First time I've ever been in a gig when the audience clapping for an encore is in time with each other aswell! Overall, it was a great night.

Setlist:

First Half

The Incident

Second Half

The Start Of Something Beautiful
Buying New Soul
Pill's I'm Taking
Remember Me Lover
Strip The Soul
Lazarus
Way Out Of Here
-
Sound Of Muzak
Trains

Excellent! How did "Remember Me Lover" sound live? I absolutely love that song, and if it's done justice live, would be hyped to have it on the set list if they come to Dallas.

It sounded great! The end bit was far heavier than it is on the CD, and the quiet bit at start was much more delicate. Fitted right in with the FOABP and In Absentia songs that bookended it.

This may or may have not been brought up, and i apologize if it has, but did Wilson get any permission from Floyd in regards to " Time Flies"..? I havnt done a side by side comparison, but damn, that is almost the exact same chord progression as on Animals. Edited by Xanadoood

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Oct 12 2009, 04:30 PM)

Got a few other sites that might have something? I can't find an Almann Bros show anywhere.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 12 2009, 07:38 PM)

Got a few other sites that might have something? I can't find an Almann Bros show anywhere.

I don't download much boots in the first place....... dimeadozen is usually where I go....... I really don't know where else you could go to get PT boots.

I checked DIME's BNA (Bands not allowed) page and sure enough PT was on there............

Even stranger is that PT was put on that list because DIME was served with a notice by Atlantic Records to take the PT boots down....

I did not know PT was signed to both Roadrunner and Atlantic.... Roadrunner is a subsidiary of Warner Music....and the only thing Atlantic has put out for the band was the U.S release of FOABP....

I do not know under which label PT's catalog of music is under but it seems that PT's back catalog is under the control of Atlantic... I do not know... or would Roadrunner have the rights to the catalog, and Atlantic just has rights to the FOABP material? Either way, Atlantic (Asshats) won't let DIME post PT boots..........which looking back on the last several posts of this thread seems to be an explanation of why the ban on cameras and recording material seems to be so strict at the shows....

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 13 2009, 04:43 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 12 2009, 07:38 PM)

I don't download much boots in the first place....... dimeadozen is usually where I go....... I really don't know where else you could go to get PT boots.

I checked DIME's BNA (Bands not allowed) page and sure enough PT was on there............

Even stranger is that PT was put on that list because DIME was served with a notice by Atlantic Records to take the PT boots down....

I did not know PT was signed to both Roadrunner and Atlantic.... Roadrunner is a subsidiary of Warner Music....and the only thing Atlantic has put out for the band was the U.S release of FOABP....

I do not know under which label PT's catalog of music is under but it seems that PT's back catalog is under the control of Atlantic... I do not know... or would Roadrunner have the rights to the catalog, and Atlantic just has rights to the FOABP material? Either way, Atlantic (Asshats) won't let DIME post PT boots..........which looking back on the last several posts of this thread seems to be an explanation of why the ban on cameras and recording material seems to be so strict at the shows....

Atlantic released In Absentia aswell. Or it was through Lava they did it. Either way, the Atlantic name was on there. Kscope/Snapper has the rest of them before IA though.

The ban on camera's and recording equipment is purely the bands own decision, I think. Simply, they didn't want their concentration ruined while playing The Incident.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 12 2009, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 11 2009, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 11 2009, 05:39 AM)
Wow. Aren't Porcupine Tree getting a little bit good now!

Last night was a phenomenal experience, certainly the best concert of theres I've attended. Had excellent seats; they didn't allocate specific seats to the ROABP scheme(so be warned anyone who has joined and thought otherwise!), you just turned up and it was first come first serve, so ended up scoring seats front row and a little to the right of Colin, so I had an uninterrupted view of Gavin all night which was deinfintely a good thing.

As you all know, they opened with The Incident in the first half. Very, very intense. I don't quite know why it was intense; maybe it was being able to see the concentration on the bands' faces, maybe it was the music having no breaks between songs, maybe it was the backing videos. I don't know. But it felt like listening to a new album for the first time except you have the band infront of you playing it rather than a stereo system. It was a serious performance as well; hardly any audience interaction, hardly any audience participation, a proper sit down, listen and appreciate moment. The second half was far more fun, with a relaxed atmosphere. Obviously, it's always fun to hear some of the older stuff played again, and the familiarity relaxed both band and audience, with SW pleading with us to stand up for Pills I'm Taking and the rest of the set, so I was leaning on the stage for most of the night. Apart from a slight technical hitch with SW's in-ear monitors, which for some reason prompted a breakout of Freebird requests(he's heard it way too many times since the DVD apparently), the set ran seamlessly. First time I've ever been in a gig when the audience clapping for an encore is in time with each other aswell! Overall, it was a great night.

Setlist:

First Half

The Incident

Second Half

The Start Of Something Beautiful
Buying New Soul
Pill's I'm Taking
Remember Me Lover
Strip The Soul
Lazarus
Way Out Of Here
-
Sound Of Muzak
Trains

Excellent! How did "Remember Me Lover" sound live? I absolutely love that song, and if it's done justice live, would be hyped to have it on the set list if they come to Dallas.

It sounded great! The end bit was far heavier than it is on the CD, and the quiet bit at start was much more delicate. Fitted right in with the FOABP and In Absentia songs that bookended it.

Cool. Although, if I had a choice, I would trade "Bonnie the Cat" for "Remember Me Lover." Damn. I hope they announce new dates soon. I'm losin' it here. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Hear Again @ Oct 10 2009, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (BB&B @ Oct 9 2009, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 8 2009, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 8 2009, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 8 2009, 04:56 PM)
A question for anyone who bought the deluxe edition of the Incident? 

How does the album sound in 5.1......?  The set was so damn expensive...I got the regular release....

I still need to buy "Incident," along with "In Absentia" and "Deadwing." I will be buying those in 5.1, and am just waiting till I have the spare cash to pick them up.

the 5.1 mix was only available with the Deluxe edition of the incident. It also had alot of artwork with it..

the set is about 100 smackaroos!... I do have the 5.1 of In Absentia...it sounds great

It was the best $106.99 I have ever spent. Lasse Hoile's photography is stunning like always. I love his work. 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 (along with anyone else that wants to listen to the 5.1 mix of "The Incident"), I wish you could purchase the 5.1 mix DVD by itself. It is unfair for the people that don't want the 116 page Lasse Hoile photography hardback book and 48 page paperback book of Hajo Mueller's drawings. My favorite 5.1 mix is for "In Absentia". But, the 5.1 mix for "The Incident" is pretty good. The 5.1 mix definitely sounds excellent with a decent surround sound system.

If they follow the same schedule as with FOABP the DVD AUDIO/ DTS 5.1 mix will most likely be available around Christmas early new-year as a stand alone disc. They usually stick a HI-Res stereo track on there as well.

"The Incident" is the only CD I have from PT, everything else is HI-Res

multi channel which is how I got into them in the first place.

"Stupid Dream" DVD-A might be the best sounding disc by anybody I've heard.

Take Care

Thank you very much for the information, Hear Again. I hope that PT does that for "The Incident".

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 15 2009, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Oct 15 2009, 12:43 PM)
Saw them in Brussels yesterday. It was amazing!

What? No details? How close were you? How did they sound? How was the crowd? Was the venue nice?

Sorry, I was a little busy with school work...

I was standing right in front of Steven, third row!

This was the setlist:

The Incident

Start of Something Beautiful

Stars Die

Anesthetize

Remember Me Lover

Strip the Soul

Mother and Child Divided

Encore:

The Sound of Muzak

Trains

My favorites were "Anesthetize" and "Strip The Soul", those two songs totally blew me away. "Time Flies" and "Trains" were also fantastic.

I was really surprised they played "Stars Die", did not expect that, but it was pretty cool.

This was the first time I saw PT and it was as good as I expected it to be, even better! I was totally in awe of Gavin Harrison's druming, what a genius!

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Oct 15 2009, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 15 2009, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Oct 15 2009, 12:43 PM)
Saw them in Brussels yesterday. It was amazing!

What? No details? How close were you? How did they sound? How was the crowd? Was the venue nice?

Sorry, I was a little busy with school work...

I was standing right in front of Steven, third row!

This was the setlist:

The Incident

Start of Something Beautiful

Stars Die

Anesthetize

Remember Me Lover

Strip the Soul

Mother and Child Divided

Encore:

The Sound of Muzak

Trains

My favorites were "Anesthetize" and "Strip The Soul", those two songs totally blew me away. "Time Flies" and "Trains" were also fantastic.

I was really surprised they played "Stars Die", did not expect that, but it was pretty cool.

This was the first time I saw PT and it was as good as I expected it to be, even better! I was totally in awe of Gavin Harrison's druming, what a genius!

Nice second set. Would've killed for Mother and Child Divided. Did they play the whole of Anesthetise or just the heavy second section?

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs259.snc1/10629_1241373987221_1015466259_768749_6653190_n.jpg

Robert Fripp: 40 minutes of soundscapes, f*cking amazing. (Although I don't think this is good live music, some people were pretty bored :s)

Setlist:

The Incident

The Start of Something Beatiful

Russia on Ice

The Pills I'm Taking

Lazarus

Strip The Soul/3

Normal

Bonnie The Cat

Sound of Muzak

Trains