Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 27 2010, 03:03 AM)

What's not jibin' well with memory is that the 'Mormon Women' film comes first in this here thread's posted lineup...I'm not recalling that at all as the first film shown...And, secondly, I don't remember such a big gap between the first and second film shown that night...Some thing(s) don't look kosher in PT town...Can you 'splain the anomalies?

heres the whole second set:

Occam's Razor ("The Incident" images flashing on beat with the song)

The Blind House (mormon women vid)

Great Expectations (none)

Kneel and Disconnect (none)

Drawing the Line (none)

Dislocated Day (none)

Time Flies (time flies music video)

The Pills I'm Taking (crazy pills video)

Up the Downstair (none)

Sleep Together (weird robot video, i think)

Encore:

Arriving somewhere but not here (really cool spacey video with clouds at the end)

the video with the women was definately for The Blind House because the song is about a religious cult, or fundamentalist group who held a bunch of women hostage so that is what the video was all about....

the other video youre wondering about was either for Sleep Together, or Bonnie The Cat in the first set but honestly i really dont know what video youre talking about.

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Sep 27 2010, 10:58 AM)
QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 27 2010, 03:03 AM)

What's not jibin' well with memory is that the 'Mormon Women' film comes first in this here thread's posted lineup...I'm not recalling that at all as the first film shown...And, secondly, I don't remember such a big gap between the first and second film shown that night...Some thing(s) don't look kosher in PT town...Can you 'splain the anomalies?

heres the whole second set:

Drawing the Line (none)

Dislocated Day (none)

Up the Downstair (none)

Encore:

Arriving somewhere but not here (really cool spacey video with clouds at the end)

the video with the women was definately for The Blind House because the song is about a religious cult, or fundamentalist group who held a bunch of women hostage so that is what the video was all about....

the other video youre wondering about was either for Sleep Together, or Bonnie The Cat in the first set but honestly i really dont know what video youre talking about.

Really? You're telling me that The Blind House, with accompanying film, came a full four songs before the next song with an attached film? I don't think so. But, I guess so...If this is what you're saying and no one else is saying different...

Can you give me a hint to how the 'Blind House' film begun? Was it with some imagery other than with the Women? I remember being sucked into the films right away and my two other brethren, rather - clansmen felt the same way about them...These films were transcendent in a way...Very immersive, that's fer sure.

You're saying two more things here, and I want to see if they jibe with what I remember...Actually, this would be a big help in getting things straight...When you say that Occam's Razor had the ' images flashing on beat with the song'...are you speaking of the RED lights moving across the stage in syncopated rhythm? Because, if you are - there were TWO songs that used this 'red light' schema...Can you name the other?

Aside from you interjecting that 'new' item...You also seem to infer that there was a 'Fifth' film attached to the Encore song - 'Arriving Somewhere'...Let's see if we can get these coupla things squared away and then I'm sure that both our memories will be better served...Thanks.

QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 27 2010, 01:33 PM)

Really? You're telling me that The Blind House, with accompanying film, came a full four songs before the next song with an attached film? I don't think so. But, I guess so...If this is what you're saying and no one else is saying different...

Can you give me a hint to how the 'Blind House' film begun? Was it with some imagery other than with the Women? I remember being sucked into the films right away and my two other brethren, rather - clansmen felt the same way about them...These films were transcendent in a way...Very immersive, that's fer sure.

You're saying two more things here, and I want to see if they jibe with what I remember...Actually, this would be a big help in getting things straight...When you say that Occam's Razor had the ' images flashing on beat with the song'...are you speaking of the RED lights moving across the stage in syncopated rhythm? Because, if you are - there were TWO songs that used this 'red light' schema...Can you name the other?

Aside from you interjecting that 'new' item...You also seem to infer that there was a 'Fifth' film attached to the Encore song - 'Arriving Somewhere'...Let's see if we can get these coupla things squared away and then I'm sure that both our memories will be better served...Thanks.

i dont really remember how the Blind House video started....but Occams Razor didnt have the red lights, Tinto Brass in the first set definately had those lights, and MAYBE "Up The Downstair" but i dont remember exactly.

Occams Razor is a really short prelude that leads int o The Blind House..

and the four songs between Blind House and Time Flies (the songs with videos) was only really two real songs. Great Expectations and Kneel & Disconnect are really short interlude things, while Drawing The Line and Dislocated Day were full songs.

but anywho, there was definately some visual stuff for Arriving Somewhere....not for the whole song, but it was there.

Ok so I bought what I thought was the CD edition of The Incident at the Radio City Music Hall show the other night, and it turns out that it's the DVD-A edition.

So I put it in the player & the videos & still images are coming up fine but I've got no audio.

It says 'Unsupported audio signal. Please check your device output.'

Anyone else having similar problems with it?

And would anyone be able to give me a hand on solving this issue...?

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Sep 27 2010, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 27 2010, 01:33 PM)

Really?  You're telling me that The Blind House, with accompanying film, came a full four songs before the next song with an attached film?  I don't think so.  But, I guess so...If this is what you're saying and no one else is saying different...

Can you give me a hint to how the 'Blind House' film begun?  Was it with some imagery other than with the Women?  I remember being sucked into the films right away and my two other brethren, rather - clansmen felt the same way about them...These films were transcendent in a way...Very immersive, that's fer sure.

You're saying two more things here, and I want to see if they jibe with what I remember...Actually, this would be a big help in getting things straight...When you say that Occam's Razor had the ' images flashing on beat with the song'...are you speaking of the RED lights moving across the stage in syncopated rhythm?  Because, if you are - there were TWO songs that used this 'red light' schema...Can you name the other?

i dont really remember how the Blind House video started....but Occams Razor didnt have the red lights, Tinto Brass in the first set definately had those lights, and MAYBE "Up The Downstair" but i dont remember exactly.

Occams Razor is a really short prelude that leads int o The Blind House..

and the four songs between Blind House and Time Flies (the songs with videos) was only really two real songs. Great Expectations and Kneel & Disconnect are really short interlude things, while Drawing The Line and Dislocated Day were full songs.

but anywho, there was definately some visual stuff for Arriving Somewhere....not for the whole song, but it was there.

Alright, this all makes sense now. 'Dislocated Day' is the one and only song from that evening that I was unfamilar with...I remember the general whereabouts of when I had the realization that I didn't know this track.

So, the 'four song sequence' that I was talking about, the segment of the show that I said was 'the most intense song sequence' that I've ever been privy to view MUST be what I have labeled here as Second Set B. IT WAS FUSSIN' INSANE, MAN!!! How about that end of the show, huh? Right? They killed it, sent it home, bang it up and beat it to a pulp, and returned once more around the bend to smack it outta the park, man...That was one awesome show, indeed. Thanks for the feedback, bro.

Second Set A

Drawing the Line (none)

Dislocated Day (none)

Second Set B

Up the Downstair (none)

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Sep 27 2010, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 27 2010, 07:36 PM)
That was one awesome show, indeed.  Thanks for the feedback, bro.

awesome show is an understatement!! maybe the best concert ive ever been to.

and no problem, man!!!!! i tried my best cool.gif

I know which fan site I'm going to drop all this technical stuff on next, and see how they react...Bigtime PT geeks over there...If we were wrong about any of our assessments here, they'll be happy to point it out for us...lol...Won't take credit for any of your knowledge though...You know way more about this band than myself...

I remember that it was so much easier to know every in and out about a group when I was back in my teens and Led Zeppelin, Sabbath and The Doors that I needed to know anything about...Now, it's dozens upon dozens of bands, and some of the info kinda blends together. What NIGHT does the Royal Albert House show happen, and is there ANY CHANCE of a DVD coming out of that event?

I got 'Anesthetize' playing right now...LOUD...It's 7:00 am and I can't sleep...It's funny how specific exposure to a track can get you so much more into the music...I notice how much of an impact the 'live' treatment can have on people in general...Tunes that folks can't appreciate sometimes at all with the 'studio' version, instantly come alive in the live setting...

I'm not saying that I wasn't enamored of 'Anesthetize' before the show...It's just those darn 'Floydian Marching Pills'...They got me a little high, son. And, the other track I keep reliving over again is 'Time Flies'...My buddy, for him, last Friday night was the first time he heard the piece...Said that it made him feel 'melancholic'...I said, 'What Steve Wilson music doesn't?'...He doesn't know enough. Most people don't know any at all. Good for us. Sad for them.

QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 28 2010, 06:09 AM)
I got 'Anesthetize' playing right now...LOUD...It's 7:00 am and I can't sleep...

Try not doing Blow all night................... wink.gif

So just how many other bands have you discovered due to PT?

For me there has been quite a few but here is a sampling:

Demians

Riverside

Opeth

Ephrat

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 1 2010, 11:50 AM)
So just how many other bands have you discovered due to PT?
For me there has been quite a few but here is a sampling:
Demians
Riverside
Opeth
Ephrat

Riverside

Opeth

Katatonia

Karnivool

Orphaned Land

and a few others that I can't recall off the top of my head

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 29 2010, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 28 2010, 06:09 AM)
I got 'Anesthetize' playing right now...LOUD...It's 7:00 am and I can't sleep...

Try not doing Blow all night................... wink.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Oct 1 2010, 10:30 PM)
I'm in contact with someone about a video of the complete RCMH show.  Will update this thread when I have it in my hands.  Looks like very good quality.

Really? That's cool. Don't know if I'd broadcast that info., though. The PT camp is weird about stuff like that. This in particular would set them off, for sure.

but, I wouldn't complain if I could get a copy....