Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 12 2010, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 12 2010, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 12 2010, 04:20 PM)
http://www.blowitoutahere.com/Movies/Movie...ails&scroll=457

Am I to understand that the above contains BOTH a regular DVD and a Blu-Ray disc? Anyone here get this version?

Yes, that's right.

Sweet. Ordered!

So you haven't yet seen the concert vid?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 12 2010, 06:03 PM)

Am I to understand that the above contains BOTH a regular DVD and a Blu-Ray disc? Anyone here get this version?

Yes, that's right.

Sweet. Ordered!

I own Arriving Somewhere, but haven't seen Anesthetize yet, except for the "Way Out Of Here" clip on the PT site.

Anxious to see what the set list will be tonight. PT has added 2 Ireland dates recently. I wonder if PT will add anymore US dates to supplement the NYC show in September?

August 2010

Aug 11 2010 SAN FRANCISCO,USA: Warfield Theatre

Aug 12 2010 LOS ANGELES,USA: Wiltern Theater

Aug 13 2010 LAS VEGAS,USA: The Joint

Aug 14 2010 SAN DIEGO,USA: 4th & B

Aug 16 2010 ALBUQUERQUE,USA: Sunshine Theater

Aug 17 2010 EL PASO,USA: Club 101

Aug 18 2010 SAN ANTONIO, USA: Sunset Station

Aug 20 2010 MEMPHIS, USA: Minglewood Hall

Aug 21 2010 ASHEVILLE, USA: Thomas Wolfe Auditorium

Aug 22 2010 NASHVILLE, USA: War Memorial Auditorium

Aug 23 2010 SAINT LOUIS,USA: The Pageant

Aug 25 2010 GRAND RAPIDS,USA: The Orbit Room

Aug 26 2010 CLEVELAND,USA: Nautica Pavilion

September 2010

Sep 09 2010 ATHENS: Gazi Technopolis

Sep 10 2010 SALONICA: Principal Club

Sep 24 2010 NEW YORK: Radio City Music Hall

October 2010

Oct 04 2010 AARHUS, DENMARK: Train

Oct 05 2010 HALLE, GERMANY: Steintor-Variete

Oct 06 2010 BERLIN, GERMANY: Admiralspalast

Oct 07 2010 BOCHUM, GERMANY: RurhCongress

Oct 08 2010 KARLSRHUE, GERMANY: Brahms-Saal

Oct 11 2010 DUBLIN: Tripod

Oct 12 2010 BELFAST: Mandela Hall

Oct 14 2010 LONDON, UK: Royal Albert Hall SOLD OUT

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 12 2010, 06:09 PM)

Yes, that's right.

Sweet. Ordered!

I own Arriving Somewhere, but haven't seen Anesthetize yet, except for the "Way Out Of Here" clip on the PT site.

It's equally great. Love that the two shows have essentially no (only Halo) overlapping tunes.

The difference between Anesthetize and Arriving Somewhere... concerning video production is huge. I am ecstatic with the quality of the new DVD. All the cameras Lasse Hoile used and his cinematography is way better than in the first film. The intentional graininess and clipping effects in the older one really hurt the watchability IMO. Anesthetize is one of the best concert films I've seen.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 12 2010, 10:27 PM)

Yes, that's right.

Sweet. Ordered!

It's equally great. Love that the two shows have essentially no (only Halo) overlapping tunes.

Half-Light, and Drown With Me inclusions are well worth the price of admission....

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 13 2010, 01:09 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 12 2010, 10:27 PM)

Yes, that's right.

Sweet. Ordered!

Half-Light, and Drown With Me inclusions are well worth the price of admission....

Dark Matter is the highlight for me. I love the way it begins with a dark atmosphere.

I copied this from a C&C forum. Pretty funny.

"Let me preface this by saying I am a huge Coheed fan, they are my 2nd favorite band behind Rush. I have seen them 8 times counting tonight, and tonight was BY FAR the worst show. I dont even know where to start with how awful this show was, but I will try. The sound was completely f*cked up for the first 4 songs, like someone forgot to turn on the drum mics and bass. Then when it did kick in, it was far too loud and distorted.

Next up, the band themselves. Maybe its because I just saw Rush last night who sound better and tighter than they ever have, or maybe it was because PT went on before and totally blew them away, but Coheed sounded terrible."

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 13 2010, 09:19 AM)
Well we knew it would be a shorter show than the average tour for them and they'd mentioned not playing all of The Incident too.

Indeed. I still find it hard to believe they omitted Time Flies though.

I gotta say I like the new C&C disc better than The Incident.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 13 2010, 10:04 AM)
I've still not even previewed them. I'll sit through the show unless they bore me, then I'm gone. tongue.gif

Agree....Time Flies seems like a natural choice. Could be because they're on the clock and it's not a brief tune. It played very well in Charlotte.

I think the new C&C disc is solid but they only played a few tunes off of it last night though.

The whole concept behind the group is pretty crazy. From what I can tell everything is associated with a novel or a comic book?

If nothing else we should be in a night of stellar drumming. i saw a poll where the new C&C drummer ( Chris Pennie? ) placed just behind Gavin in the prog rock category.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 9 2010, 10:10 AM)
If anyone is looking for tix to the Radio City show, they have row DD [4th row] on ticketmaster now. I don't think this is selling as good as they thought it would

Oh, I hope that the place is packed for these guys...They never do a venue of this size and popularity in the states...I was so happy to hear that they were playing this place that I placed a close friend on 'get tix' patrol immediately...

We have 'good enough' seats for this September show...Last time that I was at RCMH was for the first stateside Heaven and Hell concert (RJD RIP)...The cameras were out and recording on that given evening...Does anyone here know if PT plans to record and release a DVD for this given Radio City gig?

Vegas set list follows below

Occam's Razor

The Blind House

Great Expectations

Kneel and Disconnect

Drawing the Line

Open Car

The Sound of Muzak

The Pills I'm Taking

I Drive The Hearse

Blackest Eyes

The Start of Something Beautiful

Way Out of Here

Sleep Together

supposedly trains was on the set list but not played.

glad to see they are mixing up.

Sleep Together to me is a strange song to end the show with.

Kind of anti-climatic wink.gif IMO

Good set list, but I can't help but be disappointed that their oldest songs are from In Absentia now, rather than earlier stuff. There's going to be a whole generation of PT fans who are ignorant of this band's amazing early period and focus only on the band's newer, hard-edged stuff (surprisingly, this parallels Dream Theater precisely - maybe it's a Roadrunner thing.)

Sleep Together is an amazing song! Good to see it still representing...easily my fave on FOABP

Edited by GrandDesigner

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 17 2009, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 17 2009, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 17 2009, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 17 2009, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 17 2009, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Sep 17 2009, 02:47 PM)
that setlist is a lot better, BUYING NEW SOUL!!!!
they better play that in philly!!

I liked that first setlist better. I'd love to hear "Russia on Ice" live.

I read in one review that they only played a portion of ROI.

i know what song off the incident i will be singing at christmas time!

I hate it when bands do that. Play the whole thing or forget it. I'd still like to hear THE WHOLE thing live, though. I bet "Bonnie the Cat" kills live.

In most cases I'd agree with you, but what about "Anesthetize"? Would you rather not hear the middle section if they're not willing to play the whole 17 minutes?

Yes, actually. I mean, I wouldn't walk out for God's sake. But, I appreciate those songs for what they are as a whole. Same thing with a Rush show. It bothers me to no end when they chop songs up like that. This is corny, I know, but honor the hardcore fans by playing those long songs the way they're meant to be. What's an extra 10 minutes? And, I don't mean for them to cut something from the playlist to fit it in. Just play longer. What's the big deal?

The big deal? To quote Geddy, "We're not spring chickens anymore!"

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Maples Oaks and Porcupine Trees @ Aug 14 2010, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 17 2009, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 17 2009, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 17 2009, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 17 2009, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 17 2009, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Sep 17 2009, 02:47 PM)
that setlist is a lot better, BUYING NEW SOUL!!!!
they better play that in philly!!

I liked that first setlist better. I'd love to hear "Russia on Ice" live.

I read in one review that they only played a portion of ROI.

i know what song off the incident i will be singing at christmas time!

I hate it when bands do that. Play the whole thing or forget it. I'd still like to hear THE WHOLE thing live, though. I bet "Bonnie the Cat" kills live.

In most cases I'd agree with you, but what about "Anesthetize"? Would you rather not hear the middle section if they're not willing to play the whole 17 minutes?

Yes, actually. I mean, I wouldn't walk out for God's sake. But, I appreciate those songs for what they are as a whole. Same thing with a Rush show. It bothers me to no end when they chop songs up like that. This is corny, I know, but honor the hardcore fans by playing those long songs the way they're meant to be. What's an extra 10 minutes? And, I don't mean for them to cut something from the playlist to fit it in. Just play longer. What's the big deal?

The big deal? To quote Geddy, "We're not spring chickens anymore!"

laugh.gif

laugh.gif I know. I know. I'm a pain in the ass. But, I would have loved to have heard Russia on Ice in its entirety. What they did play of it was amazing, though. I'm not gonna complain anymore. wink.gif