Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Oct 19 2008, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Oct 19 2008, 04:35 PM)
OK, I bought Lightbulb Sun last weekend (my fourth PT album after FOABP, Deadwing, and In Absentia) and as I expected it's f***ing amazing.  Russia On Ice is just.......wow.  wub.gif  I actually hadn't set out on buying any PT because I didn't think I'd be able to finding anything, but I was browsing through FYE and there it was..... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Just wait until you get Stupid Dream, it's better than allllll of those.

Stupid Dream...excellent album! So many great songs on that CD. It was my first PT purchase and it did take a little time to get into but it was well worth the effort.

So who saw then in London last night?? I cant belive they played 3 B- sides ( opening with two) and alot of early stuff

I wont post the set list but I could not have asked for a better one!

Steve couldnt finish singing halo bless him his voice died.

Euuugh such a good band !!

QUOTE (Cygnus-1001001 @ Oct 20 2008, 08:54 AM)
So who saw then in London last night?? I cant belive they played 3 B- sides ( opening with two) and alot of early stuff

I wont post the set list but I could not have asked for a better one!

Steve couldnt finish singing halo bless him his voice died.

Euuugh such a good band !!

Post the set list labeling the top as a spoiler. yes.gif

Ok this was the set form london the 19th

*SPOILER*

Normal (YEAAH)

Drown with me (another B- Side)

Stars Die ( biggrin.gif )

Open car

Anesthetize ( full 18 min version)

Wedding nails

Prodigal

Strip the soul

What happens now?

Half Light

Dark matter

Way out of here

Sleep together

Encore

FOAB

Halo

Amazing!!

Weren't they on fire last night, cyg?

I have never, ever seen SW give such a rip-roaring performance. His voice died because he put so much energy, and anger, into his vocals. I never thought I'd see him rocking-out, doubled-over and headbanging either. Trust me guys, if the London show was as good as Holland, we are going to have DVD of the century in our hands.

Probably the best gig I've ever been to trink39.gif

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Oct 19 2008, 05:35 PM)
OK, I bought Lightbulb Sun last weekend (my fourth PT album after FOABP, Deadwing, and In Absentia) and as I expected it's f***ing amazing. Russia On Ice is just.......wow. wub.gif I actually hadn't set out on buying any PT because I didn't think I'd be able to finding anything, but I was browsing through FYE and there it was..... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I prefer Lightbulb Sun to Stupid Dream, personally...

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 20 2008, 01:58 PM)

I have never, ever seen SW give such a rip-roaring performance. His voice died because he put so much energy, and anger, into his vocals. I never thought I'd see him rocking-out, doubled-over and headbanging either. Trust me guys, if the London show was as good as Holland, we are going to have DVD of the century in our hands.

Sounds like it was THE show to vid, eh!

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 20 2008, 12:58 PM)

Couldn't agree more!

Blinding performance and one of the best venues Ive been to!

Still buzzing from it

Glad to hear the show was good!

I cant wait for the DVD. And hopefully another tour

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 21 2008, 02:42 PM)

Glad to hear the show was good!

I cant wait for the DVD. And hopefully another tour

Neither can I. On both counts.

It'll be interesting to see what they can come up with with a new album aswell. Nil Recurring seems like a continuation of FoaBP, so a continuation on NR would be fantastic. Maybe that kind of music with more electronic stuff?

Thankfully, this tour has got me fully into In Absentia. I really can't believe I disliked this album before.

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Oct 22 2008, 10:20 AM)
I was there on Sunday, too. Brilliant gig. Shame the transport situation was so messed up, we had to leave before the encores to make sure we got our train new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Dark Matter was the highlight for me, absolutely stunning cool.gif

They mentioned on porcupinetree.com that the Underground was not running or something.

How bad did that mess things up? Its diffrent in America, public transportation is vertually nil (other than big cities) everyone drives everywhere.

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Oct 22 2008, 03:20 PM)
I was there on Sunday, too. Brilliant gig. Shame the transport situation was so messed up, we had to leave before the encores to make sure we got our train new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Dark Matter was the highlight for me, absolutely stunning cool.gif

You'd seen the best bit of the show. The encore wasn't anything special compared to the normal set.

MySpace Blog Update

22 Oct 08 Wednesday

New PT solo sampler

Now available from the PT Store is a new budget priced sampler of music from various collaborations and solo projects by the members of Porcupine Tree. Includes tracks from Richard Barbieri's solo albums, Colin Edwin's forthcoming solo album, Ex-Wise Heads, Gavin Harrison/O5Ric, No-Man, Bass Communion, and a track from Steven Wilson's forthcoming solo album.

Steven Wilson has release some huge freakin news regarding his solo including a track list, album on his web site

http://www.swhq.co.uk/index.cfm

SW has made an agreement with Kscope in the UK for the international release of 3 solo albums over the next few years, starting with the retail version of Insurgentes on 10th February 09. The track listing for the album is:

1. Harmony Korine
2. Abandoner
3. Salvaging
4. Veneno Para Las Hadas
5. No Twilight Within The Courts Of The Sun
6. Significant Other
7. Only Child
8. Twilight Coda
9. Get All You Deserve
10. Insurgentes

Guest musicians appearing on the album are Gavin Harrison (drums), Tony Levin (bass), Mike Outram (guitar), Dirk Serries (guitar drones), Jordan Rudess (grand piano), Clodagh Simmonds (vocals), Sand Snowman (acoustic guitar), Theo Travis (flute, clarinet), Michiyo Yagi (koto), and a full string section.

The deluxe 2 CD/DVDA book version on SW's own label is now sold out on pre-order, but there are about 100 copies left of the 4x10 inch vinyl book version - head over to www.insurgentes.org if you would like to pick up one of these remaining copies. Both versions of the special edition are still on target to ship in late November.

3 solo albums over the next few years!!! Awesome!!!!!!

And look at the guest musicians on this, Tony Levin!!!!!!!! Jordan Rudess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that gets me is I hope that Feburary 10th release date is not the U.K only.........If it is looks like Im importing this sucker.

Edited by The Owl

Yes, I was super excited to see Clodagh Simmonds involved, can't wait to hear her contribution.

Knew it was only a matter of time before he got Papa Bear on one of his albums. Next in line is Bruford laugh.gif

Copies should start shipping soon, can't wait to get that book!

Edited by vaportrail

QUOTE (Tony R @ Nov 5 2008, 06:29 PM)
With new PT predicted for Sept 09 and then presumably a new Blackfield album, it could be a while before another SW solo album sees the light of day!

The thing said he signed a deal for 3 solo albums in the next few years....

Im assuming insurgenties is the first of the 3......

Anyways its looking like 09 is going to be just as busy for Wilson as 08 and 07 were.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 6 2008, 11:19 AM)
With new PT predicted for Sept 09 and then presumably a new Blackfield album, it could be a while before another SW solo album sees the light of day!

Anyways its looking like 09 is going to be just as busy for Wilson as 08 and 07 were.

Yeah, but will this mean no PT releases? sad.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Nov 6 2008, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 6 2008, 11:19 AM)

Yeah, but will this mean no PT releases? sad.gif

He just put out a solo album, I dont think he will do a solo next year.....Sept 09 seems adequate for a new PT album.

Yes, Steven's already said they've written about 40 minutes of material for a new PT album, so definitely expect a new one next year.

One thing of note he mentioned about the material is that as of right now it's pretty devoid of the metal-type guitars, and has more of a classical sound. Love it! laugh.gif

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Nov 6 2008, 09:42 AM)
Yes, Steven's already said they've written about 40 minutes of material for a new PT album, so definitely expect a new one next year.

One thing of note he mentioned about the material is that as of right now it's pretty devoid of the metal-type guitars, and has more of a classical sound. Love it! laugh.gif

Is there a source for that statment anywhere?

for all you P.T. fanatics, gavin will be on the cover of next months modern drummer