Elton John

VaporTrails04

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 16 2008, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 16 2008, 07:14 PM)
OK with that comment, consider this thread closed until we sort out how to handle Tom C.

Okay, I think we have it sorted out.

Tom C, one more hate post about "homos" or any other group that you don't approve of will get you banned from this board. Permanently. We don't allow hate talk here. Very simple.

Grow up.

Re-opening this thread.

Sorry. oops.gif

Can I still have a go at Watford Fans/Bald People/Fat Dudes?????????????

There's a thing called sarcasm. It's the lowest form of wit. It apears to go above the head of some.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 04:02 PM)
Tom, there's also a thing called decency. Using a sexuality to be the butt of your jokes will always be frowned upon.

Anyway, I haven't really got into him that much, any recommendations from anyone?

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road or Captian Fantastic as starters then move on to less accessible albums (but just as great) Honky Chateu, Madman Across the Water, or Tumbleweed Connection....Don't Shoot Me Shoot Me Im Only The Piano Player is great too but not on par with the above 5. but if you're not sure that you'll like him then i would just go with his first Greatest Hits album, which is if im not mistaken one of the top selling greatest hits albums of all time. hope i helped. im kinda an Elton dork my mom got me hooked on him since i was 5.

QUOTE (Tom C @ Feb 17 2008, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 05:02 PM)
Tom, there's also a thing called decency. Using a sexuality to be the butt of your jokes will always be frowned upon.

Hurrr Hurrrr Hurrrr, Butt Sex wink.gif

you just don't get it.....

QUOTE (VaporTrails04 @ Feb 17 2008, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 04:02 PM)

Anyway, I haven't really got into him that much, any recommendations from anyone?

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road or Captian Fantastic as starters then move on to less accessible albums (but just as great) Honky Chateu, Madman Across the Water, or Tumbleweed Connection....Don't Shoot Me Shoot Me Im Only The Piano Player is great too but not on par with the above 5. but if you're not sure that you'll like him then i would just go with his first Greatest Hits album, which is if im not mistaken one of the top selling greatest hits albums of all time. hope i helped. im kinda an Elton dork my mom got me hooked on him since i was 5.

Thanks for that, I'll look into getting some of those.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 18 2008, 02:34 AM)
QUOTE (Tom C @ Feb 17 2008, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 05:02 PM)

Hurrr Hurrrr Hurrrr, Butt Sex wink.gif

you just don't get it.....

So what eltons queer.....

Edited by RUSHMAN999

I think Elton John was the first real music I listened too back in the days of Kiki Dee and I still like his music to this day.

I was lucky enough to see him live once thanks to my boss who chose the US Open over a concert. smile.gif

I would see him again if the opportunity came up. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Feb 18 2008, 05:12 PM)
I think Elton John was the first real music I listened too back in the days of Kiki Dee and I still like his music to this day.

I was lucky enough to see him live once thanks to my boss who chose the US Open over a concert. smile.gif

I would see him again if the opportunity came up. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

a-propos nothing at all. Many, many year sago I got a free flexi-disc of Elton John and Kiki dee with a pair of shoes. I was scarred for life.

Went to see Elton in concert last night. Wow, still got it.

I saw him in 2011. He's totally got it. :ebert:

Madman Across the Water is a fantastic song. A real talent... I like most of his 70's work as well as his on-stage costumes.
  • Like 1

Madman Across the Water is a fantastic song. A real talent... I like most of his 70's work as well as his on-stage costumes.

Can't get enough of his 70s output. Staggering talent but you can keep the costumes.

Can't get enough of his 70s output. Staggering talent but you can keep the costumes.

Captain Fantastic was the last one of his good albums.

Everything between his self-titled and Captain is really, really fantastic.

Captain Fantastic was the last one of his good albums.

Everything between his self-titled and Captain is really, really fantastic.

Yeah, probably right. I sense an EJ marathon coming up soon to be sure. I know there's patches of those last few 70s albums that were good, time for a reassessment.