Movies

Ru5h F@n

I think mine if I remember correctly was The Poseidon Adventure back in 1971. I went to see that movie in the theater 3 times with my mom.

Ya something Disney for sure.

My most memorable movie experience as a kid was when my dad took us to see Jaws. I was 8 years old, you could say I was a little disturbed for a while.

I probably first started watching Disney, but I remember seeing Star Wars for the first time. Darth Vader scared the crap out of me. :X

I'm sure I also saw Top Gun when I was little too, like a bazillion times...being dad's favoruite movie and all.

If you're talking about at the cinema, I have a vague recollection of my parents taking me to see 'Diamonds Are Forever' back in 1971. I can't actually remember goping (I was only 4 at the time) but I clearly remember telling my friends about it at school the next day.

The first I actually remember seeing the film was the disney adaptation of 'Robin Hood' in 1973

I know I saw a lot of movies before it, but the first one I remember clearly is 'Willie Wonka'. I was seven. Edited by Jack Aubrey

I can't remember the first movie I ever saw at home, but in the theatre I'm pretty sure it was the 1987 re-release of Snow White with my grandma. The next three were Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Batman.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 2 2008, 12:53 PM)
My Dad worked for Volkswagen in St. Louis so I know I saw those Herbie: The Love Bug (sounds like Bubba the Love Sponge doesn't it) movies when I was very small.

Me too!

I was five years old when I went to see it. That movie had two major effects on me:

1. I developed an obsession with Volkswagen bugs. Many kids develop some kind of fixation at that age and Volkswagens were mine. We got a Volkswagon bug that was "Phoenix Red" in color. I got to pick it out at the car lot! I also went down hill at our house because I got into the car and was pretending to drive it. Somehow the emergency break was put down and I started rolling downhill with it. I jumped out of the car before it landed in a ditch in the woods across the street.

2. I was afraid to ride in the car to the beach because I was afraid the car would go off the end of the pier like Herbie did in the movie.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 2 2008, 04:36 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 2 2008, 12:53 PM)
My Dad worked for Volkswagen in St. Louis so I know I saw those Herbie: The Love Bug (sounds like Bubba the Love Sponge doesn't it) movies when I was very small.

Me too!

I was five years old when I went to see it. That movie had two major effects on me:

1. I developed an obsession with Volkswagen bugs. Many kids develop some kind of fixation at that age and Volkswagens were mine. We got a Volkswagon bug that was "Phoenix Red" in color. I got to pick it out at the car lot! I also went down hill at our house because I got into the car and was pretending to drive it. Somehow the emergency break was put down and I started rolling downhill with it. I jumped out of the car before it landed in a ditch in the woods across the street.

2. I was afraid to ride in the car to the beach because I was afraid the car would go off the end of the pier like Herbie did in the movie.

cool.

One of my first cars was a 67 bug.

They are cool but looking back what a no frills piece o'crap.

Lawn mower engine in the trunk and you had to have an arm about six feet long to get the shifter into all of the positions.

I still love them though..... eh.gif wacko.gif

The first movie I clearly remember watching as a child was Ghost Busters II. And I feel in love, I had tons of action figures, their ambulance, and even a toy backpack from the film.

laugh.gif

Night of the living dead - Original - I was only 7 years old and i was terrified - It took me hours to fall asleep every night afterward. I remember a bunch of kids in the audience sitting with their parents crying - Nobody expected that Movie to be so horrifying -

I can remember seeing "The Glass Bottom Boat" when I was 4 (back in 1967). It came on TV, and I can still recall watching Doris Day in the flick.

The first movie I ever saw at a theater was "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World." Can't remember when, but I think I was 6.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 3 2008, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (SlackABob @ Feb 2 2008, 04:07 AM)
I remember like it was yesrterday!

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang... 1969 with my older sister!

laugh.gif

I was 5 yrs old smile.gif

I don't remember for sure, but that might have been mine, too. yes.gif

My first non-kids movie was "Jaws."

ohmy.gif Scared the living crap out of me! I guess I was about 6 & I didn't go into the water, even a swimming pool, for about a year.

My mother has always been a huge movie buff, so she probably took me as an infant. I don't remember. Probably Disney.

The first one I recall was Benji. I sold Kool-Aid to get the money to go. My customers thought it was cute.