PET PEEVES!

workingcinderellaman

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Feb 3 2008, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Feb 3 2008, 03:43 PM)
GIANTS FANS!!!!

rofl3.gif

Just kidding. biggrin.gif

Slacka.... I am pulling for you. wub.gif

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

wink.gif

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lazy or just plain arrogant people who don't take the snow off their cars, including the TOP of their cars, so when they get on the highway and are driving 70 mph etc. the snow and ice flies off their car and into your windshield, blocking your view.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 3 2008, 07:54 PM)
British people who use American slang whilst talking or writing.

I'm definitely with you on that one (Get With the Program being a particular bug-bear of mine).

One really insiginifican one I've noticed at work is people who write 'off' when they mean 'of' (as in, three off these five parts were faulty).

Cyclist who go at full speed along pavements and footpaths and nearly clip your ankles when they pass you.

However, perhaps my most thing (silly really, but it annoys me so much) is when, at a set of double doors with people moving in both directions, someone, instead of opening the second door, will stand and wait for the people going the opposite direction to pass through.

I have some , including,

Dirty Windows, expecially Windshields.

BTW- The increase in people NOT using thier turn singal has a direct connection with cell phone's.

in fact . . . . . another Pet Peeve

Improper, Inconsiderate, illegal, Inappropriate, Over-use of Cell Phones !

bekloppt.gif

When people begin a sentence with "Me and...."

"Me and Julie went to the .........." "Me and him were......"

AAARRRRRRRRRGGH!! LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH, WILL YOU???!!! banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

People who don't know how to properly write dialogue.. The comma goes BEFORE the end-quote, people! BEFORE!

And also people who ask me to give them an honest critique on a writing piece and then get really defensive and take it personally when I do. And I'm not a very harsh critic!

Summer. God, I hate summer. It ceased to have any appeal at all once I was out of school and summer no longer meant "break time".

It's hot, sticky, buggy, miserable, and I WANT WINTER BACK, DAMMIT!

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 6 2011, 04:23 PM)
People who say "ax" instead of ask.

One of my best friends does this. I've gotten used to it but sometimes I catch her and say something. Like one time she meant to say, "I asked my dad.." and I interrupted and shouted, "You AXED your dad!? That's horrible!"

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 31 2008, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jan 31 2008, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Jan 31 2008, 12:57 AM)
improper dog defecation!

ph34r.gif

yes.gif I hate that one too. One time I was working in my yard and a guy walking his dog lets his dog take a crap on my lawn right in front of me and then he just walks away. I came real close to picking it up with my shovel and hurling it at him.

You should have thrown it at him. What a tool.

I know this is a response to an old post, but I couldn't let it pass.

Back when I was building houses, we had the usual problems of subcontractors peeing in the bathtubs and showers and crapping in the basement. Sometimes they'd crap in the tub as a bonus. (Drywall crews are THE WORST! Buncha pigs).

Let me tell you, it smells LOVELY in 100+ degree heat in July.

Anyway, I was walking a house late in the afternoon with my neighborhood project manager and there was a lovely fresh pile in the sub-basement. John, my PM, grabbed a shovel and scooped it up, then marched through the house WITH the shovel-full of poo demanding to know who did it. Heated denials in both Spanish and English.

So, John storms outside with the load still in the shovel and flings open the double doors of the drywall crew's van. He was drawing back to heave-ho it into the van and about five Mexicans leapt out like they were on fire, pointing at the culprit and screaming "He did it! It was him!" John handed him the shovel and said, "Do not do this again, or you will be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life EVERY time you go to take a shit. Now take care of this!"

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2011, 10:18 PM)
improper dog defecation!

ph34r.gif

yes.gif I hate that one too. One time I was working in my yard and a guy walking his dog lets his dog take a crap on my lawn right in front of me and then he just walks away. I came real close to picking it up with my shovel and hurling it at him.

Back when I was building houses, we had the usual problems of subcontractors peeing in the bathtubs and showers and crapping in the basement. Sometimes they'd crap in the tub as a bonus. (Drywall crews are THE WORST! Buncha pigs).

Anyway, I was walking a house late in the afternoon with my neighborhood project manager and there was a lovely fresh pile in the sub-basement. John, my PM, grabbed a shovel and scooped it up, then marched through the house WITH the shovel-full of poo demanding to know who did it. Heated denials in both Spanish and English.

So, John storms outside with the load still in the shovel and flings open the double doors of the drywall crew's van. He was drawing back to heave-ho it into the van and about five Mexicans leapt out like they were on fire, pointing at the culprit and screaming "He did it! It was him!" John handed him the shovel and said, "Do not do this again, or you will be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life EVERY time you go to take a shit. Now take care of this!"

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif That's hilarious, but what possesses people to poop in someone's bathtub or basement? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2011, 03:31 PM)
Summer. God, I hate summer. It ceased to have any appeal at all once I was out of school and summer no longer meant "break time".

It's hot, sticky, buggy, miserable, and I WANT WINTER BACK, DAMMIT!

ohmy.gif biggrin.gif yes.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 6 2011, 10:33 PM)
improper dog defecation!

ph34r.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif That's hilarious, but what possesses people to poop in someone's bathtub or basement? confused13.gif

It's a given that it will happen. Laziness, or they don't want to use the Porta-Johns. If you ever buy a newly-constructed home, clean the tubs before you use them. I sure as hell will.

Another project manager I worked for had an even funnier anecdote about someone taking a dump in the attic. He was doing a final pre-close walkthrough and kept smelling something foul. Upon closer investigation - yep, poo, in the space up under the eaves. But what made it funny was the handful-sized chunk of missing insulation. Folks, that stuff is made of FIBERGLASS - I'm sure the guy who wiped his ass with it suffered for days.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2011, 10:25 PM)
improper dog defecation!

ph34r.gif

It's a given that it will happen. Laziness, or they don't want to use the Porta-Johns. If you ever buy a newly-constructed home, clean the tubs before you use them. I sure as hell will.

Another project manager I worked for had an even funnier anecdote about someone taking a dump in the attic. He was doing a final pre-close walkthrough and kept smelling something foul. Upon closer investigation - yep, poo, in the space up under the eaves. But what made it funny was the handful-sized chunk of missing insulation. Folks, that stuff is made of FIBERGLASS - I'm sure the guy who wiped his ass with it suffered for days.

I've actually had urine stream down from people working above me on a jobsite. I got out of the way just in time to miss getting a golden shower. I couldn't run up the scaffolding fast enough to figure out which of the framers did it. rage.gif We tried boxing, taping, and saran-wrapping all of our installed tubs/toilets to discourage workers from crapping in them.

Welcome to the world of cheap labor. If they don't care enough not to crap on your new condos, how much do you think building it right is any kind of a priority? That's right...zero. I know scary, scary things about how homes are built now. I will never buy a new home I didn't build (have built) myself. I'm just grateful I have the skills.

Oh, and my personal pet peeve is folks flicking their cigarette butts on the ground. Why!!!? Why!!!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!?

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 7 2011, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2011, 10:25 PM)
improper dog defecation!

ph34r.gif

I've actually had urine stream down from people working above me on a jobsite. I got out of the way just in time to miss getting a golden shower. I couldn't run up the scaffolding fast enough to figure out which of the framers did it. rage.gif We tried boxing, taping, and saran-wrapping all of our installed tubs/toilets to discourage workers from crapping in them.

Welcome to the world of cheap labor. If they don't care enough not to crap on your new condos, how much do you think building it right is any kind of a priority? That's right...zero. I know scary, scary things about how homes are built now. I will never buy a new home I didn't build (have built) myself. I'm just grateful I have the skills.

I recently watched an episode of one of those first-time homebuyer shows. The wife was kind of a germaphobe (really - the sale nearly got cancelled because she found a dead spider in the living room during the walkthrough). She insisted on NEW construction only because she didn't want a bathtub that anyone else had ever bathed in.

I watched her having verbal orgasms on camera about how she was SO excited about her brand-new bathtub and couldn't WAIT to have a nice long soak in it. All I could think was that she'd have been better off buying an older home from someone who was OCD about cleanliness. If she only knew. . .

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 7 2011, 02:53 PM)
Oh, and my personal pet peeve is folks flicking their cigarette butts on the ground. Why!!!? Why!!!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!?

It's even more frustrating for the nice volunteers who offer to clean up your city and there are thousands and thousands of cigarette butts everywhere. It's disgusting!

But frankly I don't much care for people smoking around me period. I have a severe allergy to the smoke and would rather not get sent to the hospital because of someone else's addiction. |:

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 7 2011, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 7 2011, 02:53 PM)
Oh, and my personal pet peeve is folks flicking their cigarette butts on the ground.  Why!!!? Why!!!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!?

It's even more frustrating for the nice volunteers who offer to clean up your city and there are thousands and thousands of cigarette butts everywhere. It's disgusting!

But frankly I don't much care for people smoking around me period. I have a severe allergy to the smoke and would rather not get sent to the hospital because of someone else's addiction. |:

You know, I don't really mind that they smoke in general. I mean, it's their choice to kill themselves with lung cancer. HOWEVER, it is when they smoke around ME. Then I have to breathe their dirty smoke. 062802puke_prv.gif It's absolutely disgusting.