PAGSCON '08

owlswing

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 15 2008, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 15 2008, 06:37 AM)
Pags as we all said at the time there was absolutely NO WAY we were going to leave our brother behind. We just all had to live in the moment, keep up our spirits up and hope for the best and it all worked out.  biggrin.gif

That was awesome of the folks at the TGI's to come down and join us! We got to meet even more good people from TRF  trink39.gif

PARTY AT THE EXXON!!!!  trink38.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Well put Test biggrin.gif There was know way any of us were going to bail on you Pags. We left as a team from Pagscon and we all stuck together until the tow truck arrived at the Exxon. Everyone kept there spirits up and made the best of the situation. A big THANKS 1022.gif to Necro for getting it all started with his video. Ladi showed it to me before I left for the airport. When you all see it you will understand what I mean biggrin.gif What a great tailgate it was!! 653.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

Circumstances be damned! It was great meeting everyone, and the experience shows that tailgate is an attitude, not a place. trink39.gif

QUOTE (eguy @ Jul 15 2008, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 15 2008, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 15 2008, 06:37 AM)
Pags as we all said at the time there was absolutely NO WAY we were going to leave our brother behind. We just all had to live in the moment, keep up our spirits up and hope for the best and it all worked out.  biggrin.gif

That was awesome of the folks at the TGI's to come down and join us! We got to meet even more good people from TRF  trink39.gif

PARTY AT THE EXXON!!!!  trink38.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Well put Test biggrin.gif There was know way any of us were going to bail on you Pags. We left as a team from Pagscon and we all stuck together until the tow truck arrived at the Exxon. Everyone kept there spirits up and made the best of the situation. A big THANKS 1022.gif to Necro for getting it all started with his video. Ladi showed it to me before I left for the airport. When you all see it you will understand what I mean biggrin.gif What a great tailgate it was!! 653.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

Circumstances be damned! It was great meeting everyone, and the experience shows that tailgate is an attitude, not a place. trink39.gif

I will just add to this cause they said it all No Way were we Leaving Pag's !!!!And being I have never been to a Tailgate gathering before I was having a blast. Show's we can have good time's any where & we started something new yes.gif we had washrooms, food , shade to sit under & great peeps all around us Party @ EXXON was the Best !!

I SO can't wait to see the vid and the pictures.

Troutman called me yesterday morning and explained everything. What a kewl group you all are. I hope next year I can make it out, I would much rather attend a Pagscon rather than a Rushcon.

Well, Rushcon would be second on my list... biggrin.gif

I really want to be part of something so wonderful as this is. Just so I have the pleasure of meeting you all, and telling you face to face how awesome you are to me. rose.gif

I think any 'Con with Rush fans would be a great experience. Never done a Pagscon, but I have done RushCon a few times. I've enjoyed it each time.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 15 2008, 11:50 AM)
Ok I have been Good so far but not No More I have to Post a Sneaker laugh.gif

Guess who showed up to Party ????

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/blonde77th3/DSC03233.jpg

"he" even had a jello shot !!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/RUSH%20stuf/pagscon08/DSC06976.jpg

Pags... the thought of leaving you there to deal with the car all by yourself was never an option or a consideration... no.gif

we leave no one behind.

let the powers that be just TRY and throw a wrench into the plan. you take that wrench, throw it as far as you can away from you, and make the best out of a shitty situation, 'eh?

it's just the way we roll, man.

cool.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif hug2.gif

so far, out of the 1746 photos that we have taken collectively... i've uploaded about 90 to my photobucket.

wacko.gif

I have to scoot out for a little while, so i'll have to get back to this later....

sorry folks.

catch ya'll on the flip side...

here's some jello shots while ya'll are waiting......

coy.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/RUSH%20stuf/pagscon08/CIMG2660.jpg

What an amazing group of people!!!

I remember talking to Pags at one point and he said...

"I have a few people on the way over and we are

going to get you all outta here, I am going to get the

van towed, and I will meet you all at the show"

I didn't wanna do that... But I also know that I wasn't one

of the people with a vehicle to get everyone outta there.

When the rest of the gang left there spot and came to the EXXON

to help... It was so OBVIOUS that EVERYONE felt the same way.

In the period of time that we were PARTYING AT THE EXXON

I got to meet a few TRFers that I didn't think we were going to

at that point.

When they pulled in... WOW!!! It was like we were all suppose

to be meeting there. laugh.gif They just joined in the party we had

started there and continued til the flatbed rolled in.

I just got a a PM this morning from Sunny and she says it so

beautifully....

"you all are more than friends, so the word 'family' just fits" heart.gif

Thank you all so much for joining us @ THE PARTY AT THE EXXON

and making it the TAILGATE OF THE TOUR!!!

wub.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jul 15 2008, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 15 2008, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jul 15 2008, 10:35 AM)
Tick looks worried

rofl3.gif

laugh.gif trink39.gif

Nah, PTA is getting worried and drunk confused!!!!!! tongue.gif

I knew at that moment I had to hold it all together and be strong so no one would panic. I did not want anyone thinking, "Oh no, ohmy.gif ticks freaking out, how can I be expected to hold it together if tick cant ? scared.gif " Its called Grace under Pressure. atickhum.gif

wink.gif laugh.gif doh.gif

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/blonde77th3/DSC03233.jpg

tick, get your finger out of your ear, you dont know where that fingers been. atickhum.gif

laugh.gif

Man you guys would probably party at a morgue trink38.gif

tick: Hey, who's the stiff over there in the corner?

Necro: I don't know but she's kinda hot.

different strings: I wonder if she gets off on Aussie accents.

ladi: Should I give her a jello shot?

1022.gif

Pags, there was no way we were going to let your car troubles ruin the day. When PTA told me about your car breaking down, he said to me, "let's go to the Exxon". It was a no brainer.

Knowing the area well, I had no doubt that we wouldn't miss any of the show. There was no reason to panic. My only concern was making sure that the people at the Exxon had rides, and that you weren't thinking of going back to your house with the tow truck dude. It was clear that you were upset. I even walked over to you to try to offer some words of encouragement. I felt your pain. If the tow truck hadn't gotten there in time, I'd have suggested you leave it there, and I would have offered to take you back there to get it after the show. AAA is a 24 hour service, right?

Thanks again for the CD, and for all of your thoughtfulness (Owlswing too!). I was glad to have been in the presence of so many great people, even if it was just for a short while. And, it couldn't have happened without your generosity. I'll never forget it.

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 15 2008, 12:44 PM)
Pags, there was no way we were going to let your car troubles ruin the day. When PTA told me about your car breaking down, he said to me, "let's go to the Exxon". It was a no brainer.

Knowing the area well, I had no doubt that we wouldn't miss any of the show. There was no reason to panic. My only concern was making sure that the people at the Exxon had rides, and that you weren't thinking of going back to your house with the tow truck dude. It was clear that you were upset. I even walked over to you to try to offer some words of encouragement. I felt your pain. If the tow truck hadn't gotten there in time, I'd have suggested you leave it there, and I would have offered to take you back there to get it after the show. AAA is a 24 hour service, right?

Thanks again for the CD, and for all of your thoughtfulness (Owlswing too!). I was glad to have been in the presence of so many great people, even if it was just for a short while. And, it couldn't have happened without your generosity. I'll never forget it.

Well said man trink39.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 15 2008, 11:02 AM)
There was never a question of being mad or disappointed, pags.  You and your wonderful family had already given us the precious gifts of your time, your home, and your hospitality.  The way it all worked out was the ONLY way it could've worked out - proving that this bond we all share because of this band we all love is true and strong and real.

I love you guys.  You give me strength every day, and I can't imagine having spent that time before the show in any other way.

It was perfect.  heart.gif

yes.gif

Once we were at the Exxon, there was never a thought of "NOW what?" It was simply, the van will be taken care of, and Pags will get to the show with the rest of us...and in the meantime, we have people who want to eat and drink and get psyched for the show, and this Exxon station's lawn will fill in nicely -- whether it likes it or not. tongue.gif

Amazingly, here we were at a busy New Jersey intersection, out in the open, partying on property that was most decidedly NOT sanctioned for partying, and we got less flak than we would have gotten at the PNC parking lot. We got NO flak whatsoever, either from the Exxon station's staff or the cop that looked at us as he drove past. That Exxon lawn was OUR F**KING LAWN, dammit!

When you have people leaving TGIF's to hang out at a gas station, that illustrates that it's not the location that makes a party, it's the PEOPLE. We had beer and discretely-packaged booze, chips and dip, blankets and frisbees...who improvises better than Rush fans, eh? Seeing that convoy of cars pull in to help us out and hang with us was truly inspirational.

I think we started something with our Exxon Extravaganza. This will catch on. By next year, gas stations will be booking their lawn space for parties, weddings, bar mitzvahs and frisbee tournaments. We might not be able to use that Exxon's lawn next summer, as it may be hosting a fashion show or sweet sixteen. There was a lovely 7-Eleven up the street, however...

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jul 14 2008, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 14 2008, 02:49 PM)
And meeting my Zappa buddy!  Very very cool to meet you Nick!  Hopefully next time we can hang out a bit longer!  biggrin.gif

Hey Rick!

It was great meeting you man! biggrin.gif Hopefully next time I can hang out with all of you for a longer period of time.

I don't want anyone to feel left out, and I hope I remember everybody, but it was wonderful to meet:

failte

Digital Man (I almost met Sundog but I think she left when I first got there)

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

GhostGirl

metaldad

Hatchetaxe&saw

Tick (from Grand Designs!)

Test4VitalSigns

troutman

thesweetscience

blonde77th

different strings (coming all the way from Australia to NJ, very nice!)

I think that's it? I also met up with (but who I first met at last year's PNC show):

Necro (my wrestling pal, loved the Rutsey Rulz! t-shirt and Dr. Seuss-type top hat haha)

CeeJ (you seemed very happy the whole time haha, it was great seeing you again)

Ladi (sayin! hey yr still as beautiful in person as you were last time!, good seeing you again)

SlackABob (great seeing you again as well!)

I think I was supposed to meet up with Pag and Owlswing but they must have already left by the time I met up with the rest of you.

I hope I didn't forget anybody, if I did please let me know!

Nick bncegrn.gif common001.gif bncegrn.gif

Hey Nick - I'm really sorry I missed you. I would have loved to have hung out with you for a few minutes before we headed back to the cars. I ran into a friend of mine on my way to the rest room, and we wound up talking for a few minutes at the same time you had met the gang.

It was a great show - we'll see each other at the next one!! 653.gif

I had gotten pretty messed up the night before at the Pagscon Party. Ladi filled me with jello shots and Digi had me doing shots of some of the best tequila I'd ever had. So I woke up after everyone had left Pags house to go to the show. I didn't catch up to them until they'd pulled over to the Exxon.

As usual... i found it necessary to capture the moment with a VIEW.

Enjoy.

DankA.

V.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/NecroBolt/Pagscon%2008/vids/th_Vincentattheexxon.jpg

no prob Pags, anytime. it was great to meet you trink39.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 15 2008, 01:59 PM)
no prob Pags, anytime. it was great to meet you trink39.gif 1022.gif

It was SO great to meet you, metaldad. biggrin.gif

And weren't YOU the lucky one? You got to drive 2 of the 3 TRF admins to the show. wink.gif

tongue.gif

Oh, BTW...I'm definitely going to clog up RS with yet another thread to talk about Kerry's and my trip from the get-go. I have to finish pulling the relevant pics off my phone and get everything organized.

I want a place to thank everyone, and to talk about the wonderful people I met and hung out with. heart.gif

Note: in the future, at meet-ups, please make sure you introduce yourself to me with your screenname THEN your real name, otherwise my feeble brain won't register who you are. I call this the Natch Conundrum. wink.gif

Unlocked - I shouldn't have blocked people off from quoting / posting. Sorry.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 15 2008, 08:17 AM)
Man you guys would probably party at a morgue trink38.gif

tick: Hey, who's the stiff over there in the corner?
Necro: I don't know but she's kinda hot.
different strings: I wonder if she gets off on Aussie accents.
ladi: Should I give her a jello shot?

1022.gif

z7shysterical.gif

wacko.gif

GG...it had nothing to do with your brain, however feeble it may or may not be.

I'm just socially inept in certain situations, if you catch my drift.