2008 - 07/12 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 19 2008, 07:29 AM)
I just called PNC, and to my surprise a person actually answered without a labyrinth of prompts that lead to a dropped call.

She informed me that this year PNC's policy for all venues is that the parking lot opens 1 hour before the gates open.  For Rush, the gates open at 7PM - so the parking lot will open at 6PM.

Certainly there must be a park nearby we can all meet up at. Have a little food/drinks and hang out before the show! trink39.gif

Possibly Cheesequake State Park? Nearby the venue, exit 120 off the Parkway. I've never been there, just seen the signs about a million times on the way to PNC or the shore, but I'll look into it.

Hey, here's a great non-Rush song to play in anticipation of the show:

Collective Soul's "Counting the Days" (Yeah!)

Quick search of http://www.stateparks.com/cheesequake.html:

Picnicking:

Several picnic areas with table and grills are located throughout the Park. For larger groups, we also offer two reservable picnic areas. The group picnic area at Farny Point holds a capacity of 150 people, provides shelter, playfields and playground equipment. The group picnic area at Spring Hill holds a capacity of 100 people and provides playfields and playground equipment. Group picnicking reservations are required for weekday events. A party of 20 or more people constitutes a group. They may be reserved for a fee:

$50.00 per day, plus applicable parking fees for reservations for Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.

$75.00 per day for reservations for the Day After Labor Day to Friday Before Memorial Day.

Group Picnic Cancellation Fee: 50 percent of Fee.

*Groups of 20 or more people shall reserve picnic facilities at least five days in advance. Such group use is not permitted on Holidays except as authorized by the Superintendent. Reservations for picnic areas are handled by the individual park area offices.

QUOTE (eguy @ Jun 19 2008, 10:50 AM)
Quick search of http://www.stateparks.com/cheesequake.html:

Picnicking:
Several picnic areas with table and grills are located throughout the Park. For larger groups, we also offer two reservable picnic areas. The group picnic area at Farny Point holds a capacity of 150 people, provides shelter, playfields and playground equipment. The group picnic area at Spring Hill holds a capacity of 100 people and provides playfields and playground equipment. Group picnicking reservations are required for weekday events. A party of 20 or more people constitutes a group. They may be reserved for a fee:

$50.00 per day, plus applicable parking fees for reservations for Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.

$75.00 per day for reservations for the Day After Labor Day to Friday Before Memorial Day.

Group Picnic Cancellation Fee: 50 percent of Fee.

*Groups of 20 or more people shall reserve picnic facilities at least five days in advance. Such group use is not permitted on Holidays except as authorized by the Superintendent. Reservations for picnic areas are handled by the individual park area offices.

Cool find, thanks eguy new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif We need to seriously think about this place as a possible 2.gif get together! trink39.gif

ugh, are they insane? Leave early, avoid traffic. How the hell can we leave early if they wont let us in!? All because some kids at Ozzfest had to drink. THANKS ALOT!

beathorse.gif banghead.gif

yeah... there always seems to be one in the crowd that has to ruin it for the rest of us, 'eh?

speaking of drinking...

what's the policy on alcoholic beverages in that or any park close to the venue? I know the state parks here don't allow alcoholic beverages at all (thanks terry rowe for ruining THAT for all of us... sarcasm.gif ). the metro parks do, tho.

something to look into *if* that's the route we end up taking...

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jun 19 2008, 02:51 PM)
yeah... there always seems to be one in the crowd that has to ruin it for the rest of us, 'eh?

speaking of drinking...

what's the policy on alcoholic beverages in that or any park close to the venue? I know the state parks here don't allow alcoholic beverages at all (thanks terry rowe for ruining THAT for all of us... sarcasm.gif ). the metro parks do, tho.

something to look into *if* that's the route we end up taking...

Alcohol is prohibited even with a camping permit :

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests...heesequake.html

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 20 2008, 10:40 PM)
Where ever we are, it will be a good time, because we'll all be together. wub.gif

smile.gif that's for sure and from what I have experienced so far with luck it will be alright 2.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

ok--here's what i'm thinking. I'm just gonna arrive when I arrive. And so are LOTS of other people. How many people are going to call ahead of time to find out about this? What are they gonna do? turn EVERYONE away?

As it stands, this doesnt affect me much, since my brother and I are looking into having someone drop us off...and pay someone to take us home! LOL

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 20 2008, 02:09 PM)
ok--here's what i'm thinking.  I'm just gonna arrive when I arrive.  And so are LOTS of other people.  How many people are going to call ahead of time to find out about this?  What are they gonna do?  turn EVERYONE away?

As it stands, this doesnt affect me much, since my brother and I are looking into having someone drop us off...and pay someone to take us home!  LOL

Well, hopefully we can all meet somewhere close and hang out before the concert. I am sure something will be decided soon. trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 20 2008, 08:00 PM)
Well, hopefully we can all meet somewhere close and hang out before the concert. I am sure something will be decided soon. trink39.gif

Anyone interested in picking a restaurant as a pre-show meet-up? trink39.gif

I went to maps.google.com, and searched for restaurants near PNC Bank Arts Center. There's a bunch along Rt 35. Bertucci's looked interesting, and there's also a Chili's. Trust me, the food & bevvies at the venue leaves a lot to be desired. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I know of a few restaurants in the area. I'm just trying to think of which would be the best for a medium to large contingent of Rush fans, who are very likely already hopped up on something, on top of whatever adrenaline is already pumping. I'm assuming most folks will be coming down from the North, so a venue close to the GS Parkway and near the PNC Bank Arts Center would be preferable.

I'll report back here with my findings. If anyone else has suggestions, they'd be welcome!

QUOTE (Natch @ Jun 23 2008, 09:10 AM)
I know of a few restaurants in the area. I'm just trying to think of which would be the best for a medium to large contingent of Rush fans, who are very likely already hopped up on something, on top of whatever adrenaline is already pumping. I'm assuming most folks will be coming down from the North, so a venue close to the GS Parkway and near the PNC Bank Arts Center would be preferable.

I'll report back here with my findings. If anyone else has suggestions, they'd be welcome!

Also, with so many people. We should get there plenty early so that we can relax and enoy the meetup before the show. That way, we are not in a hurry to get to the venue. trink39.gif

Here are a couple of possibilities:

The Office Beer Bar & Grill

The Pine Tavern

I've been to The Office in the past, on the way to a concert at PNC. It's not a big place, and depending upon the number of people, it might get too crowded for us. But, it is an option nonetheless.

I've never been to the Pine Tavern, but it's near PNC.

There is also a TGI Friday's restaurant on Rt 35, just up the road from The Office. I'm sure most of us have been to a TGI Friday's at one point or another, so we know what the place is like. It just may be the best spot for a meetup.

I'll do some more searching to see if I can find anything else suitable.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 27 2008, 10:44 AM)
Two weeks tomorrow!! Ahhhhhh!
I assume it's TRF shirts all the way? As a show of force, obviously.....

I'll be wearing mine. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cool.gif

Archived