2008 - 07/12 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (rcbassist39 @ Jun 27 2008, 05:07 PM)
yeah, im going to this show, i cant wait!!!

and this might be a stupid question, but whts the easiest way to get to the front of the lawn so i can be right up front?

Not sure what you mean. I have never been there but I am sure you can walk around anywhere on the lawn. trink39.gif

QUOTE (rcbassist39 @ Jun 27 2008, 08:07 PM)

and this might be a stupid question, but whts the easiest way to get to the front of the lawn so i can be right up front?

Good Luck - start standing on line early. Also know that by the 2nd song you will be pushed up so close to the rail it may leave marks. laugh.gif

Just hang back enjoy the music - the lawn is a great time.

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 27 2008, 08:33 PM)

Not sure what you mean. I have never been there but I am sure you can walk around anywhere on the lawn. trink39.gif

i mean, like, i want to be right in the very front of the lawn, closest to the stage, with the best view

greedy, yes, but this is my first time seeing them live, and i cant wait

QUOTE (rcbassist39 @ Jun 29 2008, 08:09 PM)

i mean, like, i want to be right in the very front of the lawn, closest to the stage, with the best view

go back a page and read owlswing's post laugh.gif that might help. biggrin.gif

BTW.. glad you get to see 2.gif live!! 1022.gif trink39.gif

I am interested in the TGIF Meetup. My only problem is that I am going with 4 or 5 other people, and I have to make sure if they are interested since I am not the driver. I will keep everyone posted.

QUOTE (rcbassist39 @ Jun 29 2008, 11:09 PM)

It isnt like that...there is no "front of the lawn" I mean, i suppose technically there is, but, once you're on the lawn, your actual location doesnt matter much.

get there early, bring a blanket and spread out as much as you can...your "boundaries" will be mostly respected.

Dance, sing, get to know your neighbors...its FUN on the lawn! You are not missing a thing by being back there. Trust me.

During R30, I stood in the pouring rain for most of the night, and had a blast.

Wherever you land, ENJOY your first RUSH concert!

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 29 2008, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (rcbassist39 @ Jun 29 2008, 08:09 PM)

go back a page and read owlswing's post laugh.gif that might help. biggrin.gif

BTW.. glad you get to see 2.gif live!! 1022.gif trink39.gif

hahah alright, yeah, i mean, i just dont want to get liek stuck in the far back and not be able to see anything, but i guess since the lawn there is on a hill, that shouldnt happen anyways

should be a great show non-the-less!

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 27 2008, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 27 2008, 10:44 AM)
Two weeks tomorrow!! Ahhhhhh!
I assume it's TRF shirts all the way? As a show of force, obviously.....

I'll be wearing mine. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cool.gif

and i'll be wearing mine too!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 2 2008, 01:32 PM)

Will you be sneaking in my Flask for me? unsure.gif confused13.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 2 2008, 04:32 PM)

Ditto. smile.gif

No real update on the pre-show meetup. Unfortunately, theres no real way to know what sort of tailgating restrictions PNC will impose. All we know thus far is that when they say (said) that the lot opens at 6pm for an 8pm show, that wasnt accurate. There were people in the lot at 3pm last Sunday for Stevie Nicks.

I'd have to guess that the lot will be open on 7/12. But I don't know how many of us will be meeting up there, versus how many will opt for a nearby restaurant/bar. Personally, I think I will take my chances with the lot and show up around 3-4. That gives enough time to tailgate/party and doesnt leave too much time to kill elsewhere in the event the lot isnt open.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jul 3 2008, 11:25 AM)
No real update on the pre-show meetup. Unfortunately, theres no real way to know what sort of tailgating restrictions PNC will impose. All we know thus far is that when they say (said) that the lot opens at 6pm for an 8pm show, that wasnt accurate. There were people in the lot at 3pm last Sunday for Stevie Nicks.

I'd have to guess that the lot will be open on 7/12. But I don't know how many of us will be meeting up there, versus how many will opt for a nearby restaurant/bar. Personally, I think I will take my chances with the lot and show up around 3-4. That gives enough time to tailgate/party and doesnt leave too much time to kill elsewhere in the event the lot isnt open.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing: try the lot around 3-4, and if they're actually turning people away, head for Friday's. I usually park in the overflow lot north of the venue, so if an alternate rendezvous is planned, please post it here.

Hey Troutman,

I couldn't resist: I was grocery shopping, and there were these cheap frisbees that actually looked pretty decent, so I picked one up for you to throw around at the tailgate.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jul 3 2008, 04:25 PM)

Thanks for that, at least if we agree a time to meet, we can take it from there.

3 0r 4 pm sound's great to me trink39.gif

QUOTE (eguy @ Jul 3 2008, 12:19 PM)
Hey Troutman,

I couldn't resist: I was grocery shopping, and there were these cheap frisbees that actually looked pretty decent, so I picked one up for you to throw around at the tailgate.

trink39.gif

laugh.gif ohhh yeah!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived