2008 - 07/12 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center

Thanks so much for the welcome and the invite. My brother and I are going to the show...as usual. No one loves RUSH as much as we do...at least among the folks we know.

Right now, honestly...we'd LOVE a ride! We always drive so we cant hang like we'd love to hang. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif We're trying to either hire a car or beg family members to drive us. We want to throw the frisbees, we want to listen to the boom boxes, we want to grill and tailgate...

whatever happens, we'll be there, and I really am looking forward to meeting you all!!

CANTWAITCANTWAITCANTWAIT!!!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will be an awesome night and CEEJ, that is quite an amazing attendee list. smile.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jun 16 2008, 08:41 PM)
I can see it in the papers now....

HEADLINE:

TRF'ers take over PNC

1022.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 16 2008, 09:13 PM)

HEADLINE:

TRF'ers take over PNC

1022.gif

RIGHT THE FAT f**k ON!!!!

1022.gif

how cool would that be to have a pic of THAT make rush.com, 'eh????

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jun 16 2008, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 16 2008, 09:13 PM)

HEADLINE:

TRF'ers take over PNC

1022.gif

RIGHT THE FAT f**k ON!!!!

1022.gif

how cool would that be to have a pic of THAT make rush.com, 'eh????

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif cheer.gif common001.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

Hi fellow Rush fans.

I was thinking about crashing your tailgate, as there just aren't as many CP'ers (my usual hangout) going to this show, but now I may be out of state that weekend.

That said, I went to Iron Maiden on Sat night, and there were a few electronic signs along the Parkway stating:

6/14 Arts Center Event
Lots Open at 5:00 PM

I don't know if it was just for that show, or if they're opening the lots later as part of their attempt at derailing tailgating. Don't want to alarm anyone, but one of you folks might want to look into this just in case.

Take care, and, if my plans change, I'll come looking for you guys.

QUOTE (BK 2112 @ Jun 18 2008, 12:23 PM)
Hi fellow Rush fans.

I was thinking about crashing your tailgate, as there just aren't as many CP'ers (my usual hangout) going to this show, but now I may be out of state that weekend.

That said, I went to Iron Maiden on Sat night, and there were a few electronic signs along the Parkway stating:
6/14 Arts Center Event
Lots Open at 5:00 PM

I don't know if it was just for that show, or if they're opening the lots later as part of their attempt at derailing tailgating. Don't want to alarm anyone, but one of you folks might want to look into this just in case.

Take care, and, if my plans change, I'll come looking for you guys.

ohmy.gif

I found this on their site too :

Parking Info:
Secure, well-lit parking is available directly on site for all shows.

For capacity crowds, additional parking is available in lots adjacent to the PNC Bank Arts Center.
Parking lots will not open until one hour prior to doors.

Source

They think they can stop us? dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

No way, we'll hit the rest area on the parkway. It's around mile marker 122. About 6 miles north of PNC.

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Parking Info:

For capacity crowds, additional parking is available in lots adjacent to the PNC Bank Arts Center.

how does that even work? confused13.gif

they cant open the lots 1 hour ahead and expect to get a few thousand people in the doors on time.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 18 2008, 08:10 PM)

Parking Info:

they cant open the lots 1 hour ahead and expect to get a few thousand people in the doors on time.

I was just thinking the same thing. That would be chaos!! wacko.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 19 2008, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 18 2008, 08:10 PM)

Parking Info:

I was just thinking the same thing. That would be chaos!! wacko.gif

I am sure that we will be okay and anyway I like Natch's idea as a backup plan. laugh.gif yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 18 2008, 10:26 PM)
I hope this isn't true. sad.gif I was hoping to get there early and hang out with all the crazy 2.gif fans laugh.gif 1022.gif If it is, we will have to come up with a plan B trink39.gif

ohmy.gif Plan B who has plan B unsure.gif unsure.gif

Of course I was just joking about hanging out at a rest area. We'd stick out like a sore thumb, just asking for the police to hassle us.

Perhaps we can find a local establishment that can handle a large crowd? Does anyone live nearby that can offer up their backyard? I live about 40 minutes drive away...so I'm too far....and never mind that my wife would kill me!

I still believe that the Rush show on 7/12 will be one where they won't crack down on tailgating and the lot will be open early like last time. Its a Saturday and I cant see them opening the lot at 5pm. Remember that this crackdown being imposed is at the discretion of the venue, based on the artist and crowd it attracts. And let's face it, this isn't a Fall Out Boy concert crowd.

That being said, still not convinced we have any real info to go on. A previous article had indicated that the decisions will be made by PNC once the concert calendar had been finalized - I would have to think it is finalized at this point but dont see anything about this on their site.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jun 19 2008, 11:11 AM)
I still believe that the Rush show on 7/12 will be one where they won't crack down on tailgating and the lot will be open early like last time. Its a Saturday and I cant see them opening the lot at 5pm. Remember that this crackdown being imposed is at the discretion of the venue, based on the artist and crowd it attracts. And let's face it, this isn't a Fall Out Boy concert crowd.

That being said, still not convinced we have any real info to go on. A previous article had indicated that the decisions will be made by PNC once the concert calendar had been finalized - I would have to think it is finalized at this point but dont see anything about this on their site.

Should I call PNC?

I just called PNC, and to my surprise a person actually answered without a labyrinth of prompts that lead to a dropped call.

She informed me that this year PNC's policy for all venues is that the parking lot opens 1 hour before the gates open. For Rush, the gates open at 7PM - so the parking lot will open at 6PM.

It's going to be chaos. How can they expect everyone to show up between 6 and 7? People are going to be parked on the sides of the parkway waiting for the lots to open. What a load of crap this is...

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 19 2008, 11:48 AM)
Bummer. sad.gif

Just more pool time at Pagscon, I guess. laugh.gif

Archived