Juno

rushgoober

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this one today. And you guys are all correct. It's great. Not one that you HAVE to see in the theater...no huge soundtrack or anything that you might miss out on by catching it at home....but well worth the price of the ticket. I'd catch it now...and then catch it again on DVD. smile.gif

And I agree about the Jason Bateman character. Without giving too much of the storyline away, I empathized with his character...and I respected the strength he finally showed at movie's end. And I think meeting Juno just reminded him of what it was he missed in life. I could go on down that path but hate to give away any of this great story to those of you who are yet to see it.

5 outta 5 stars from me.

And an extra half star for the hilarious music lyrics. I'd buy the soundtrack (if there's one available) just to hear all the words to the songs again. Perfect for this movie.

Every once in awhile, for reasons unknown even to myself, I get curious about album positions on Billboard and go to their site. Hell, I haven't even usually heard of 90% of the artists listed, but I'm curious nonentheless.

Anyway, I was shocked to see that the #1 album in the country (U.S.) this week is none other than the JUNO soundtrack! Last week it was #2. That was kind of a shocker. Must have been a bad week for crap music releases. I'm sorry, I meant to say "rap".

This is the little movie that could. yes.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 27 2008, 03:43 PM)
So far it seems everyone here who's seen it loves it. yes.gif 1022.gif

I saw it, thought it was a boring typical teen movie. Hated it.

Ok, not really, I haven't seen it ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 22 2008, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 27 2008, 03:43 PM)
So far it seems everyone here who's seen it loves it. yes.gif  1022.gif

I saw it, thought it was a boring typical teen movie. Hated it.

Ok, not really, I haven't seen it ph34r.gif

ohmy.gif

Why, I oughta! rage.gif waffen093.gif comp26.gif

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 18 2008, 10:15 PM)
Yeah, watched this one the other night with the wife.........and it was pretty good..........we both liked!

To show you how universally liked this movie is, the review above was by far the least complimentary review in this thread. tongue.gif

This movie comes out on DVD this Tuesday 4-15-08 !!

icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 8 2008, 09:40 PM)
Yeah, watched this one the other night with the wife.........and it was pretty good..........we both liked!

To show you how universally liked this movie is, the review above was by far the least complimentary review in this thread. tongue.gif

LOL...ok we both thought it was excellent. Smart, Funny, and very heart warming. Mr. and Mrs. Fields highly reommend this movie to others. That better? tongue.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 13 2008, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 8 2008, 09:40 PM)

LOL...ok we both thought it was excellent. Smart, Funny, and very heart warming. Mr. and Mrs. Fields highly reommend this movie to others. That better? tongue.gif

laugh.gif

It's better if that's the truth. tongue.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman23 @ Apr 13 2008, 09:05 PM)
Great movie. Saw it not too long ago and loved it. It was hilarious and entertaining. Ellen Page is a very talented actress. I know she is starring in another movie thats being released soon but can't remember what it is.

She is also in Smart People.........my wife and I went and saw that on Friday. I liked this one more than Juno. It was great.......highly recommended.........

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 13 2008, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman23 @ Apr 13 2008, 09:05 PM)
Great movie. Saw it not too long ago and loved it. It was hilarious and entertaining. Ellen Page is a very talented actress. I know she is starring in another movie thats being released soon but can't remember what it is.

She is also in Smart People.........my wife and I went and saw that on Friday. I liked this one more than Juno. It was great.......highly recommended.........

yes.gif Thats the one I was thinking of. It looks good. I might see it and hopefully it will be better than Prom Night. 062802puke_prv.gif

I'm sure I'm alone on this but, I went into the theater thinking I was really going to enjoy Juno. It looked funny from the previews and I thought I would enjoy it. I also like Michael Cera from Superbad.

Only thing was, and I was the only one who thought this out of the group; I couldn't stand Juno's character. I mean it drove me up the wall. Half the time I wanted to reach through the screen and smack the piss out her.

There was just something that didn't set with me, I know she was supposed to be witty, and sarcastic. But she was a little too witty to be realistic I think. ohwell, the plot was still good.

It was kind of creepy when the father that was going to adopt her baby started coming on to Juno. Although I called that one a mile away! laugh.gif

My review (with spoilers ahead):

For one thing, I need to stop seeing movies that are very hyped up because I don't end up enjoying them as much. Juno was good, but it wasn't the greatness I expected.

Couple things:

I DID think Mark (Jason Bateman) WAS creepy. The scene where they are dancing in his music room set that vibe completely; it was more than just a missed life. I feel he was looking for something else in Juno whether he was aware of it or not. And when he left his wife, I really didn't agree with that. Dude, don't agree to have adopt a baby with your wife if you don't want to. In the first meeting of Juno and the parents, I knew right away he wasn't into it when Juno asked if he wanted to be a daddy just by the tone in his voice answering.

Also, seeing as sarcastic and witty Juno is, I really can't see how she would be fooled by the perfect-on-the-outside family that Vanessa and Mark were. I could see Juno's character in real life thinking people in that sort of environment as one's she would never want to associate herself with. And I get that she wanted to substitute her own imperfect life with their seeimingly perfect life, but something didn't tie up there.

So overal it was good, 3/5 stars for me. Again, perhaps if I had seen it before hearing HOW GREATTTT it was, I would go in with a clearer mind. Oh well. I will say, GREAT acting on all parts.

Edited by iluvgeddy05