How do you spell it?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How do you spell it?

• Colour (aka the RIGHT way)
    • Color (aka the STUPID way)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 1 2008, 03:40 PM)
That said on my iPod is still have The 'Color' Of Right, 'Armor' And Sword and My 'Favorite' Headache.

Philistine!

get it sorted now wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 1 2008, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 1 2008, 03:40 PM)
That said on my iPod is still have The 'Color' Of Right, 'Armor' And Sword and My 'Favorite' Headache.

Philistine!

get it sorted now wink.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I know I should stand up for the rights of the letter U but I'm very particular about getting things perfect on my iPod. Everthing has to be perfect and on the album covers they're written like that so that's how I have them. I was actually sad enough to start a thread about whether or not it should be Freewill or Free Will a few months ago just so I could get it 100% correct. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 1 2008, 04:55 PM)
Colour for me too.

I've always wondered why here's no U in the American language. Doesn't have anything to do with Welsh people settling there, does it?

Wow English Language lessons just came in useful! We were told that when the British took off and set up camp in America some of them wanted to seperate themselves from the British back home. They changed the spellings of certain words that they saw as pointless. Although I have no idea how they missed stuff like "lamb" or "knob" Anyway that's just my assumption and what I can remember from English Language when I wasn't falling asleep on the table. Could be totally wrong. But it would explain Americans reputation as lazy. laugh.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 1 2008, 03:55 PM)
Colour for me too.

I've always wondered why here's no U in the American language. Doesn't have anything to do with Welsh people settling there, does it?

I always thought the Welsh were quite partial to U's....

Oh sorry, my mistake, I meant "EWES" laugh.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 1 2008, 05:08 PM)
Colour for me too.

I always thought the Welash were quite partial to U's....

Ohh a classic shot at the Welsh!

Welsh people are mentioned. Sheep are mentioned.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Color. Which is to say, properly. smile.gif

While teaching my children to read, it has occurred to me that logically, all of these crazy spellings need to be wasted for purely phonetic spellings. I'm tired of explaining to them for certain words that its pronounced/spelled that way "just because thats the way it is".

So there.

This is one of the world's stupidest debates. There are different forms of English written and spoken in different places, same as with many other major languages. It's been that way for longer than any of us have been alive and will continue to be that way after we're dead no matter how many nationalities we insult on the Internet. Get over it.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 1 2008, 11:08 AM)
Colour for me too.

I always thought the Welsh were quite partial to U's....

As in a female sheep?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 1 2008, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 1 2008, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 1 2008, 05:32 PM)
As in a female sheep?

eyesre4.gif

A cheap joke I know but if the shoe fits?

I was rolling eyes because I thought it was obvious....never mind wink.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jan 1 2008, 12:05 PM)
This is one of the world's stupidest debates.  There are different forms of English written and spoken in different places, same as with many other major languages.  It's been that way for longer than any of us have been alive and will continue to be that way after we're dead no matter how many nationalities we insult on the Internet.  Get over it.

How does "F**k Off" translate in your neck of the woods? laugh.gif Get over your deciding whats worthy of a nice tet-a-tet here. laugh.gif

Archived