The Three Most Disliked Rush Songs

TheRocinanteKid

Half the World takes up the first million spots.

But if you need three different songs, it's Half the World, Faithless, and probably The Way the Wind Blows. Or maybe Stick It Out.

Stick It Out? Really? I know it's your opinion but can I ask why you don't like it?

I find it unpleasantly amelodic.

I don't see, and haven't seen why a lot people didn't like "Countdown". I've read that song gets its fair share of love. I've always liked that song, and from Signals, it's been my favorite one off of it. I like "Need Some Love", too. My personal three Rush songs I haven't liked, but not in order are: "I Think I'm Going Bald", "Tai Shan", and "Dog Years". I've disliked "Dog Years" because I think it hasn't been with the same tone, and related topics on "Test For Echo", and it's not funny.

What's wrong with Rivendell?

It would make a great B-side!

It's actually fine, it just sounds totally out of left field when listening to Fly By Night and goes on for four minutes without really picking up the pace.

• Like 1

The biggest surprise I found on this site was that so many didn't like Countdown.

Countdown is an excellent song, one of my favorites from Signals.

I actually really like You Bet Your Life. Dog Years has terrible lyrics, but musically I like it and I don't skip it. Tai Shan is the weakest track on Hold Your Fire, but it never bothered me.

On the other hand:

Tears bores me more than anything else they've written. At least Rivendell pleased the Fantasy nerd in me.

Stick It Out is awful and annoying.

The first album is something I only own because it serves as a showcase of what once was. The musicianship is excellent, the songwriting is corny and average.

Generally speaking I really like 95% of what they've created. Sort of why I'm here. :)

It's actually fine, it just sounds totally out of left field when listening to Fly By Night and goes on for four minutes without really picking up the pace.

Exactly. Refreshing song, but it kills off the vibe.
  • Like 1

Four minutes that feel like ten.
  • Like 1

Tai Shit Shan, Dog Shit Years, and Virtualshitity.

This actually might be a more accurate list than mine. Really these three have a hard time finding compliments on this forum.

Chemistry, Red Lenses - the first 'filler songs' when there shouldn't be....

Chain Lightning....completely cringe-worthy chorus and cheesy ride cymbal....makes me want to shove hot pokers in my ears...

I forgot Red Lenses- definite contender for worst song. And I love that album.

I love Chain Lightning, though.

• Like 1