MOVIE GAMES RULES AND GUIDELINES

Jack Aubrey

1. Almost all movies are fair game. We all try to stump one another, so obscure movies are not out of bounds.

2. Foreign films are tough, so use a bit of discretion. Don't quote in the original language, quote an English translation from the subtitles.

3. It is bad form to offer clues to a movie if you are not the current quoter.

4. Hints may be requested as well as new quotes/pics/questions from or pertaining to the same film. Public requests would be appreciated. If no requests are received and more than 24 hours (1 day) elapses with no guesses, then please post either another question/pic or a hint.

5. Watch the language! This is a family-friendly forum. Lots of movies contain vulgar language or scenes, I know. But don't post any here. If you violate this rule, your post will be deleted and you will forfeit your turn.

6. Include the original quote/pic/question with your answer.

7. You have 24 hours (one day) to respond to guesses, or to post the next pic/quote/question if you are 'up', if you do not respond within 24 hours (one day) you will lose your turn.

I can't think of anything else, I may revise this later.

Everyone please respond to this thread saying that you have read and understand these rules if you wish to play the movie quote game.

Thank you.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 14 2004, 12:49 PM)
Oops! Forgot to respond.

Me, too...sorry Jack.

But I understand the rules, and thank you! biggrin.gif

bumper.gif

OK, everyone participating in the movie quote game should acknowledge these rules, please! If you fail to acknowledge these rules and subsequently violate one of them, you will still be held accountable as if you had acknowledged them. Ignorance of the rules is not an acceptible excuse. Thank you.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 25 2004, 03:22 PM)
bumper.gif

OK, everyone participating in the movie quote game should acknowledge these rules, please! If you fail to acknowledge these rules and subsequently violate one of them, you will still be held accountable as if you had acknowledged them. Ignorance of the rules is not an acceptible excuse. Thank you.

After reading the rules, though, I have a couple of questions:

-Can we use obscure movies?

-What about foriegn ones? And if so, should we quote the original lanugage or English?

-Can I offer a clue if I am not the quoter?

-Can I ask for a hint, and if so should I do it in the forum here or privately?

-Can I use vulgar language

-Should I include the original quote when I answer?

laugh.gif laugh.gif Just kidding Jack you can delete this post if you wish biggrin.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 25 2004, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 25 2004, 03:22 PM)
bumper.gif

After reading the rules, though, I have a couple of questions:

-Can we use obscure movies?

-What about foriegn ones? And if so, should we quote the original lanugage or English?

-Can I offer a clue if I am not the quoter?

-Can I ask for a hint, and if so should I do it in the forum here or privately?

-Can I use vulgar language

-Should I include the original quote when I answer?

laugh.gif laugh.gif Just kidding Jack you can delete this post if you wish biggrin.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

No way! You may not have noticed this about me( wink.gif) , but I really like 'smartass'-type humor.

Got it Jack. Let's see how bad I do.

Thanks.