Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 6 2011, 06:50 PM)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/CitoSatchel3008/1ba42b27-fb7f-49c0-8c7b-503ff781bf54.jpg

That would be seriously brilliant. If/when she does eventually get killed by someone, it'd probably mean the end of Dexter though.

I didn't read all 21 pages here and I don't know if anyone has stated this yet, but here's what I thought of after watching all 5 season's over the last 4 months:

Dexter is Showtime's version of "real-life" Batman.

Guy has parent brutally slain right in front of him, which forever changes him.

Guy is drawn to the element of crime....has a sort of Alfred character which is his adoptive father.

Guy works and stays close to the element that he is obsessed with.

Guy works to take care of the real problems in society that the police force just cannot handle, and does so in an obsessive vigilante way.

It is all very, very, very well done with an outstanding cast and script. It is very dark and disturbing... Some of it is just mind-blowing. I am going to have to get Showtime now just so I can see this season!

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jul 11 2011, 06:35 AM)
I didn't read all 21 pages here and I don't know if anyone has stated this yet, but here's what I thought of after watching all 5 season's over the last 4 months:

Guy is drawn to the element of crime....has a sort of Alfred character which is his adoptive father.

Guy works to take care of the real problems in society that the police force just cannot handle, and does so in an obsessive vigilante way.

It is all very, very, very well done with an outstanding cast and script. It is very dark and disturbing... Some of it is just mind-blowing. I am going to have to get Showtime now just so I can see this season!

Not really breaking any new ground with your observations here as all of them are pretty obvious to the viewer laugh.gif

Glad to see another new fan hop along for the ride with Dexter though. I do have high hopes for the new season even though last years wasn't good at all. I feel it was just a bridge between season four and six and more significant stuff will happen this year.

QUOTE (mrbarlint @ Jul 11 2011, 06:05 AM)
Hoping the upcomming season is better than last.
Sorry for the double post. I really did not HATE last season that much.

Last season was alright... season before that was the best tho.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 11 2011, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Jul 11 2011, 06:35 AM)

It is all very, very, very well done with an outstanding cast and script.  It is very dark and disturbing...  Some of it is just mind-blowing.  I am going to have to get Showtime now just so I can see this season!

Not really breaking any new ground with your observations here as all of them are pretty obvious to the viewer laugh.gif

It was still a cool thing to point out. I've been watching the show since it started and I didn't think of Batman until I read that post. Of course, it seems obvious NOW.

I'm re-watching season 3 and through the first 7 episodes it's much better than I remember.

Mainly because I'm paying close attention to Miguel Prado. Not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it but it's interesting to watch him knowing what I know and how his relationship with Dex evolves. I almost wonder how soon he suspected Dexter...did he from the beginning?

Anyway, it's better than I remember.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jul 7 2011, 03:26 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 6 2011, 06:50 PM)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/CitoSatchel3008/1ba42b27-fb7f-49c0-8c7b-503ff781bf54.jpg

That would be seriously brilliant. If/when she does eventually get killed by someone, it'd probably mean the end of Dexter though.

Not at all. Vigilantism exists outside of television.

Besides, there's already been a case where a boy murdered his brother by hitting his head in , and when questioned he said he felt he was related to Dexter..

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 19 2011, 12:14 AM)
From the trailers and the sneak peeks, it's looking like it's gonna be a pretty phenomenal season.

It has to be. There was something missing from last season. They can't let us down again.

The biggest thing i'm wondering about the show is if they're gonna have Dexter get caught before it ends or have Deb find out who he is.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 19 2011, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 19 2011, 12:14 AM)
From the trailers and the sneak peeks, it's looking like it's gonna be a pretty phenomenal season.

It has to be. There was something missing from last season. They can't let us down again.

The biggest thing i'm wondering about the show is if they're gonna have Dexter get caught before it ends or have Deb find out who he is.

Yeah, Deb finding out has always been a talked about. It looked like they were setting it up for that in season 4 where she was investigating Harry's files and all.

But...they just kinda dropped it. People mention it because she finds out in the books. I'm calling it now: Deb does not find out this season.

But...she starts to have suspicions. Season 7 is where the she finds out and accepts it and even helps Dexter avoid getting caught.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 19 2011, 03:58 PM)
Yeah, i've heard that Deb finds out in the books. Has anyone read them so they can tell us what her reaction was to it? That's the main thing i'm curious about.

I believe in the books (I Haven't Read Them) she finds out after the events of the Ice Truck Killer... which was the season 1 villain....

So If they do have her find out, they will have to change the Modus Operandi and do it differently from the books..

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 20 2011, 10:42 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 19 2011, 03:58 PM)
Yeah, i've heard that Deb finds out in the books. Has anyone read them so they can tell us what her reaction was to it? That's the main thing i'm curious about.

I believe in the books (I Haven't Read Them) she finds out after the events of the Ice Truck Killer... which was the season 1 villain....

So If they do have her find out, they will have to change the Modus Operandi and do it differently from the books..

That's a bit strange she found out after the Ice Truck Killer case is sloved. But it does bring up an interesting question. Does Deb on the show already know who Dexter is and she just hasn't revealed it yet because she's still coming to terms with it and decided not to confront Dexter about it until she can handle telling him?

I mean Deb is a really good cop. Even with her blind love for her brother she has to notice Dexter's odd behavior. Maybe she's done some investigating of her own on him out of consern and found out?

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 20 2011, 11:36 AM)
Does Deb on the show already know who Dexter is and she just hasn't revealed it yet because she's still coming to terms with it and decided not to confront Dexter about it until she can handle telling him?

That's kinda blown my mind. I've never seen that question posed before. That would really be an awesome ending to this season for Dex to finally get caught or admit to Deb and to have her say "I know".

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Aug 20 2011, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 20 2011, 11:36 AM)
Does Deb on the show already know who Dexter is and she just hasn't revealed it yet because she's still coming to terms with it and decided not to confront Dexter about it until she can handle telling him?

That's kinda blown my mind. I've never seen that question posed before. That would really be an awesome ending to this season for Dex to finally get caught or admit to Deb and to have her say "I know".

I know, it blew my mind when I thought of it. It really would be an excellent way to end a season or possibly the show.

You know, I am happy they did not do with Quinn what they did with Doakes... they were going down that road... but I really hope they've closed that plot line up...

The whole "Coworker suspects Dexter" was great with Doakes, but kind of felt redundant with Quinn.. I am glad that Quinn did not find out, and got to live... I like his character, and would like to see it developed more.

I was afraid they were gonna go down the Doakes route with Quinn to. I'm glad they didn't because it would've been recycling an old storyline and it wouldn't have been nowhere near as good. Mainly because Quinn is not even close to as good of a character as Doakes is.

I like Quinn but he's not Sergeant James "motherf**kin" Doakes biggrin.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ