Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

Very good episode this week. I said it before but I really wish Travis had been like this all season. I'm not sure if the writers will actually go through with him killing Harrison as the previews for next week indicate but that would certainly be the darkest thing they've ever done on this show if it happens.

I'm not sure what this whole Deb is in love with Dexter thing came from but it's without a doubt one of thoe worst things the writers have ever come up with. It's just shock value for the sake of it. It's not like Deb was a little girl when Dexter was adopted and she developed feeling's for him that way. Dexter is older than Deb and was taken in before Deb was born, so while they may not be blood related they sure as hell are bother and sister in every traditional sense. That therapist is full of shit and is f***ing with Deb.

Dexter and Deb have some of the best chemistry together i've ever seen on a television show. But that comes from the fact that they have a strong bond as brother and sister and if they go through with the whole incest thing it would be very creepy and I think it would end up ruining the relationship they've built with each other.

Still, i'm very much looking forward to what the season finale has in store for us.

MEGA SPOILER ALERT

Holy shit, I felt that ended very well. The scene with Travis & Dexter on the rooftop seemed a bit predictable and anticlimactic, but the conversation between Dexter & Travis in the church, then Deb finding out really has me ripping my hair out that I have to wait almost a whole year until the next season. Its nice that they were able to get rid of the nonbiological incest angle by throwing this one in.

Very nice ending. All of Dexter's sloppiness this season finally caught up with him. Harry always told him to make sure he had a good kill room where he couldn't be found. It looks like Dexter forgot about that. It was rather stupid of him to kill Travis in the church when there were people who knew he was there and the church being part of a police investigation.

With Deb catching him the whole incest storyline should be put to rest. Like I said before it will ruin the characters chemistry, as proven tonight with how awkward Deb was with Dex when they were investigating that crime scene.

We still haven't figured out why Louis mailed the ice truck killer hand to Dexter and what the hell was the point of Brother Sam? I thought I knew what they were doing with him at first but he served no purpose in the end?

I tried to go to the Dexter message board on the Showtime web page but the sight has crashed laugh.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

SPOILERS

Wow. Now that is how to end a season and keep 'em wanting more.

That, however, doesn't really make up for all the time & characters wasted this season. I'd say about a third of the season was exceptional and the rest was forgettable. Too much Gellar/Sixth Sense garbage, wasting a great Mos Def, too many valuable show minutes lost to showing Quinn's drunk ass as if we cared what he's doing...it's as if the writers come up with about half a storyline and kind of fill in the rest as best they can.

A few facepalms from finale: why did they have that guy rob people on the boat and have Dexter kill him so easily (even though being exhausted from floating all night in the ocean) and have Michael C. Hall give the most wooden "you're safe" I've ever heard...that whole thing was contrived for what purpose?

Secondly: at the house where Travis killed those two people...the cops all waited for Dexter to get there before entering the premises??? For the first time ever at a crime scene??? How convenient considering Travis painted Dexter's giant face all over the wall. That was absurd. Who even called it in if no one ever went inside? Bullshit that insulted my intelligence.

Thirdly: Travis just skips into the school play and nabs Harrison? Riiiiight. There had to be other, not so ridiculous scenarios to set up Travis getting him.

Fourthly: last year's finale had the "knife in the back pocket" and this year had the "empty syringe" as Dexter's "pull one out of your ass to fool the bad guy move"...?? WTF...are we stupid? When does Dexter ever carry an empty syringe? Let alone shove that needle 3 inches into his neck???

Now I see that the whole "Deb Loves Dex" thing was a red herring to keep us from seeing that she was going to discover Dexter. And I have to say, WOW did they ever do a great job those last couple of minutes and we absolutely know that she saw Dex plunge the knife. Ain't no gettin' round it.

For the Deb/Dex interplay next year I can't wait to see what happens and how they plan on working this out over the next two seasons. Looks like the producers/writers just pulled the plane up just before it wrecked.

I too feel that this season meandered a bit too much, but once the whole Fight Club plot twist came about, it picked up...

Liked the ending, and how that will play into the final 2 seasons will be interesting to watch...

But the whole Deb Loves Dex thing.......... ughhhh.... really? Did this season have to go there? Dexter is not daytime television.

I thought this season as a whole was fantastic. I was literally interested throughout the entire thing.

The incest thing doesn't bother me. I think that it's going to play in the next season as some sort of reminder of Brian Moser, and how in season 6 Deb caught Dex with Travis in the EXACT same kill situation that Dex found Deb in season 1. Couple that with the hand that was sent by the intern (ice-truck killer's hand)...and we have some serious plot action for next season.

Overall, FINALLY! Someone has seen Dex and lived to tell about it, now the end is upon us.

I really hope the whole Deb "Im in love with Dexter" thing is just over with the end of this season....

I don't know a single person who liked that plot line...

IGN said it best, there has been alot of incest on Television and movies as of late, including actual blood relationship incest (Looking at you Game of Thrones) but somehow the Deb/Dex thing is more creepy..

Edited by The Owl

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 18 2011, 11:58 PM)
SPOILERS

Wow. Now that is how to end a season and keep 'em wanting more.

That, however, doesn't really make up for all the time & characters wasted this season. I'd say about a third of the season was exceptional and the rest was forgettable. Too much Gellar/Sixth Sense garbage, wasting a great Mos Def, too many valuable show minutes lost to showing Quinn's drunk ass as if we cared what he's doing...it's as if the writers come up with about half a storyline and kind of fill in the rest as best they can.

A few facepalms from finale: why did they have that guy rob people on the boat and have Dexter kill him so easily (even though being exhausted from floating all night in the ocean) and have Michael C. Hall give the most wooden "you're safe" I've ever heard...that whole thing was contrived for what purpose?

Secondly: at the house where Travis killed those two people...the cops all waited for Dexter to get there before entering the premises??? For the first time ever at a crime scene??? How convenient considering Travis painted Dexter's giant face all over the wall. That was absurd. Who even called it in if no one ever went inside? Bullshit that insulted my intelligence.

Thirdly: Travis just skips into the school play and nabs Harrison? Riiiiight. There had to be other, not so ridiculous scenarios to set up Travis getting him.

Fourthly: last year's finale had the "knife in the back pocket" and this year had the "empty syringe" as Dexter's "pull one out of your ass to fool the bad guy move"...?? WTF...are we stupid? When does Dexter ever carry an empty syringe? Let alone shove that needle 3 inches into his neck???

Now I see that the whole "Deb Loves Dex" thing was a red herring to keep us from seeing that she was going to discover Dexter. And I have to say, WOW did they ever do a great job those last couple of minutes and we absolutely know that she saw Dex plunge the knife. Ain't no gettin' round it.

For the Deb/Dex interplay next year I can't wait to see what happens and how they plan on working this out over the next two seasons. Looks like the producers/writers just pulled the plane up just before it wrecked.

Yeah, that boat thief subplot felt so tacked on. They just wanted to give Dexter a kill just for kill's sake instead of getting him from the boat to land.

Oh, and Entertainment Weekly hit the nail right on the head about Nebraska being an awful episode in the year end issue. WTF were they thinking when they brought back the Ice Truck Killer? facepalm.gif

I finished the season.

HOLY SHIT!!!

I can't wait for the next season to start!!

What a way to end a season...

I'm with everyone in the whole Deb Loves Dexter plot line is a really bad idea. Ya they aren't blood related but having him in her life all this time as a brother figure makes it feel wrong which is why she is so conflicted about it.

Her seeing Dexter kill Travis was a really interesting plot twist. She won't turn him in, if anything she'll flip out on him (like she always does) and be like "OMG I don't even know who you are.. blah blah blah"

This season was fantastic. I loved how they had the "End of the World" idea on it's way up to the year 2012, where we actually did have a lunar eclipse. It was brilliant.

Come on SEASON 7!!!

This is one of those shows I knew I'd love. I have put off watching because I hate renting TV shows at the movie store and I've never had Showtime or HBO for that matter.

So...like "The Wire" I was going to eventually buy Dexter, knowing full well I'd like it, like I knew that I'd like The Wire (which I did, although I only have seen the first 3 seasons of The Wire, 2 to go)

And I was right about Dexter. I just joined Netflix for streaming and added the DVD plan for the free period. My first selection, Dexter Season one, Disc one - the first 4 episodes. And all I can say is WOW.

What a great show! Needless to say I won't be reading this thread at all since I am years behind, but I can actually say now that I am a Dexter fan. Now my only debate is, do I buy the DVDs since I know it will be a classic TV show that I will eventually watch again? I probably won't although I will keep my eyes on the price and if it dips to the $14.99 mark, I have to buy them. Right now the DVDs are hovering around $22 on Amazon, and with streaming soon to kill DVDs and Blurays all together, that price is just going to keep dropping.

Anyway, all I can say is, I can't wait to get this in the mail to get Disc 2 of season 1! applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Ok...so I am on Season 1 Disc 2, episode 7 Circle of Friends. I have a hunch on something...

POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN PAST THE ABOVE EPISODES...then again...maybe not

Right now the head woman detective is interviewing the "supposed" ice truck killer and she hasn't asked him a question yet. So I get up for a drink and I'm thinking. First off, Dexter is smart, and he can't believe this is the guy. I think he's right. I think the guy hacked into the computer system to get the crime scene photos they found in his apartment. He made mention of how their system was not secure in his first visit as a witness. And now I am thinking that the real killer is probably the Dr who fitted the sec guard for his prosthetics.

IF that is the case, I will be slightly disappointed as it just seems too....cute. The Dr has time to be...well a Dr. He has time to be one step ahead of Dexter the entire way. And he is going to possibly end up dating Dexter's sister? It seems just too....I don't know what the word is, but just not as random as it should be. If it turns out he was someone Dexter wronged as a kid, I will be really bummed.

Now I could be completely wrong and probably am, but I just have a hunch that the taxidermy guy is not the ice truck killer. And all well and good if that is true, but if it just happens to be the Dr who makes the security guys prosthetics? I will be disappointed. But I will still watch and I still LOVE the show.

I hope I am wrong and if I am, I am stupid for wasting my time typing this, well probably stupid for typing it either way. Too bad I won't read the thread at all to find out until I finish the series. I don't want to read one post that blows any future episode.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Jan 28 2012, 09:59 PM)
Ok...so I am on Season 1 Disc 2, episode 7 Circle of Friends. I have a hunch on something...

POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN PAST THE ABOVE EPISODES...then again...maybe not

Right now the head woman detective is interviewing the "supposed" ice truck killer and she hasn't asked him a question yet. So I get up for a drink and I'm thinking. First off, Dexter is smart, and he can't believe this is the guy. I think he's right. I think the guy hacked into the computer system to get the crime scene photos they found in his apartment. He made mention of how their system was not secure in his first visit as a witness. And now I am thinking that the real killer is probably the Dr who fitted the sec guard for his prosthetics.

IF that is the case, I will be slightly disappointed as it just seems too....cute. The Dr has time to be...well a Dr. He has time to be one step ahead of Dexter the entire way. And he is going to possibly end up dating Dexter's sister? It seems just too....I don't know what the word is, but just not as random as it should be. If it turns out he was someone Dexter wronged as a kid, I will be really bummed.

Now I could be completely wrong and probably am, but I just have a hunch that the taxidermy guy is not the ice truck killer. And all well and good if that is true, but if it just happens to be the Dr who makes the security guys prosthetics? I will be disappointed. But I will still watch and I still LOVE the show.

I hope I am wrong and if I am, I am stupid for wasting my time typing this, well probably stupid for typing it either way. Too bad I won't read the thread at all to find out until I finish the series. I don't want to read one post that blows any future episode.

I knew it!!! Of course I don't know for sure it's the Dr, but I am betting it is. Kinda bummed that I figured it out, then again, maybe everyone who watched it said the same thing at the same moment. But either way it bugs me if it's the Dr. I still love the show so far besides that. Watching this via 1 disc at a time by Netflix is killing me!!

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jan 28 2012, 11:11 PM)
You should upgrade Netflix for an extra $4 and get two discs at once. Then cycle them. You get one the day you send the other out. Or you could buy the Seasons on DVD like I did and fly through 2-3 seasons in a day.

This is the only post I've read as I scanned it quick to make sure it didn't give anything away.

That said, I knew it! Just finished episode 8 and even though I was correct and initially said I was bummed. I have to say I am pumped to see what happens. So...I made an executive decision. You can buy the first 5 DVDs on ebay for like $65 brand new. I am doing it tonight! I am gonna upgrade my Netflix to 2 movies at a time, but I will use it for movies and check out some TV shows I've wanted to see. But the main one was Dexter. I knew I should have just bought it along time ago. I knew just from the description and the acclaim that it would be great. Should have followed my instinct, but that is what's cool about Netflix, you can make sure you like something before your stuck with it!

So I will probably be stopping by this thread from time to time to share my favorite moments, but sadly, I probably won't read any comments until I am caught up. So if I don't respond to you, don't take it personal!

SPOILERS...for sure

I LOVED episode 8 with the psychiatrist! And then I did enjoy the fact that it was the Dr who is the killer. When Dexter admitted he was a serial killer I about fell out of my chair laughing! That psychiatrist had NO idea what he was dealing with! THEN to end the episode where the Dr responds to the craigslist ad....AWESOME!

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jan 29 2012, 12:15 AM)
I won't give anything away. I'm just going to say you haven't seen anything yet. Especially Season 4. I'll describe it as being their darkest season of all. It is just diabolical.

Damn it, I know I'm going to slip up and read something I shouldn't. I have a strict policy about going into thread on shows I am not caught up on or haven't seen yet. I know one thing that happens, heck it's on the cover of one of the seasons, plus I just heard about it on interview shows.

But I would say Breaking Bad is my all time favorite show. This is probably gonna end up in my top 5, for sure top 10.

I just love the whole idea, the way he narrates it. All those times I was rooting against him at the Emmy's because I wanted Bryan Cranston, but then that guy from Mad Men would win...dang he deserves one!

I am still laughing about how he told the first person ever what he was. Just freaking hilarious!

Edited to add: And Michael C Hall was AWESOME in Six Feet Under!

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jan 28 2012, 11:15 PM)
I won't give anything away. I'm just going to say you haven't seen anything yet. Especially Season 4. I'll describe it as being their darkest season of all. It is just diabolical.

yes.gif

Season four is the darkest season i've seen from any show ever. Casting John Lithgow in it was brilliant and so was his performance.

Ok...so update, as if anyone really cares. But I ended up buying Dexter seasons 1 thru 5 on DVD for $65 brand new on ebay. I could have gotten it cheaper if I wanted to sniper an auction but I didn't feel like wasting my time. Anyway, I still haven't received it yet, but I did receive the last Disc of season 1 today.

I am at the 42 min mark of the episode called "Father Knows Best".

That said I have the following guess on what the deal is with the Ice Truck Killer. To not ruin it for anyone, IF I AM RIGHT, and you happen to have not seen up to this point, see my guess below.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Ok, so the Ice Truck Killer, who at this point is officially known as the Dr who makes prosthetics and the one who is dating Dexter's sister, is staying at Dexter's biological father's house.

Here is my theory. The Ice Truck Killer is Dexter's BROTHER. He killed HIS Dad, therefore, Dexter's bio-Dad, in order to bring them together. My guess is the reason that he is on to Dexter and the reason he his a serial killer, is, well because it runs in the family. I am at the part where Dexter broke into and stole a box and low and behold here comes, in my theory, his brother to the rescue. I literally stopped it as the car stopped and Dexter jumped in.

Now again, I could be wrong. But I got a good feeling this is the how and why the Dr got interested in Dexter. And that said, my original thought a few posts back of being disappointed that the Dr was the ice truck killer is totally gone. Regardless if I am right or not. But I am guessing that Dr Ice Truck Killer had to maybe live with Dex's bio-Dad longer, which would be why he, one, is a "bad" serial killer and, two, wants so badly to hookup with Dexter. I am guessing this season will end in a showdown between the two where Dexter has to decide whether he is going to draw a line in the sand and stay on the "good" side of serial killing (laugh.gif) or join the "dark" side with his bio-brother, Dr Ice Truck Killer.

Two things. One, I'm really not trying to "impress" anyone with my deductive skills as usually I am way off. And two, I swear, if I am right, I don't know this already. I am just loving this show and since the majority of the people who probably read this thread already know everything, I find it cool that I can make these predictions. I try not to do it during a show that is currently airing, although I have floated my "guesses" on shows like The Walking Dead and for the most part, have a very bad record when it comes to making these kinda "guesses".

Ok...got that off my chest...now back to the show. I can't wait to see what is said in that car!

And lastly, this show is quickly jumping up my list of all-time favorites. It's just so unique and Michael C. Hall is KILLING IT, so to speak!

PS. If anyone ends up responding to this, don't think I am ignoring you if I don't respond because hate coming into this thread and reading anything on the off chance that someone says something I don't know. Hence the reason I am a huge fan of posting SPOILER ALERTS, and even, POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERTS for that matter! fing.gif

Yeah, so I finally finished Dexter season 1. Not sure if one of my above theories is correct, but all I can say is...wow. applaudit.gif

What a great 1st season and I can't believe they left me hanging like that! Talk about a freaking cliff hanger!!! yes.gif

Well, now I have to wait, until as late as Feb 6th, according to the USPS website to see season 2. Dang, should have just bought this one to begin with! At least once I get it I can watch up thru season 5 straight thru! scared.gif