New Albums or Tours

snowdogged

Here's a hypothetical one for you. Let's just say that you had the choice of Rush either releasing three new albums without touring or Rush touring three times without making any albums. What would you choose?

I would choose new albums.

Compromise: One more album and one more tour... and I'd make it my business to blow my savings on seeing them multiple times on the one tour.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 21 2007, 01:12 AM)
Thats an evil question. I would also go for a comprimise. But with sticking to the rules of your hypothetical. I'll have to go with three more albums

Same.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Oct 20 2007, 06:48 PM)
I will take whatever they graciously decide to give...

Ditto that wink.gif

I choose albums. Those last forever. This choice is somewhat influenced by the fact that I am in Nashville, which, ironically for the "Athens of the South, the "Home of Country Music" (which I don't like anyway), currently has no suitable outdoor venue, resulting in my missing seeing them live for the first time in almost 20 years.

Absolutely no doubt, new albums. Unless of course I could get a guarantee that half the setlist on the tours would be GUP and earlier. Then it would be a 50-50 decision.

I'll have to go count songs but I think this is almost always the case. It's almost certainly true if you're talking about actual minutes of music played. Heck, 2112 and Natural Science alone comprised half an hour of the Test For Echo tour setlist. I don't see what the problem is for you.

new albums, because as said, they last forever.

or like others, compromise. still, i'd liek to think that maybe, just maybe in 6 years they will come back to the UK and do those 7 shows, and ill be able to go travellin' around england seeing rush.

3 tours, over which they play gigs with completely different setlists containing all their most popular music.

We've only just had a new album. I'd prefer to see them live more, playing Xanadu, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres etc etc etc

3 tours for me cos unlike most of you lucky peeps I have still yet to see the boys play live. sad.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Oct 22 2007, 12:44 PM)
3 tours for me cos unlike most of you lucky peeps I have still yet to see the boys play live. sad.gif

Scandalous, they should be MADE to tour Oz yes.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 21 2007, 05:28 PM)
This is a no-brainer. A concert lasts three hours. An album is forever.

My thoughts exactly.

Archived