Does Rush view this forum?

workingcinderellaman

QUOTE (bytorcygnus @ Aug 14 2007, 02:27 PM)
No...WHO?

Mike Portnoy... A TRF member wore a TRF shirt to dream theater show, and went to a meet and greet, and Mike told this guy... "*Sigh* You guys hate us" tongue.gif

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they glance at it from time to time.

Would have to think there at least curious what the fan's think about albums, the tour, if Neil's really a snob. Just threw that in CALM DOWN!!! tongue.gif

But no, I don't think publicly they would admit it, (Although someone on here,I remember did say he knew someone who worked on rockline. And Alex and Geddy off the air did admit to checking out some of the online boards)

Just think how self conscious and less natural the post would be if we knew they did come on here. unsure.gif blush4.gif Very forced and aimed to please! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (gotbass1228 @ Aug 15 2007, 07:00 AM)
No...WHO?

Mike Portnoy... A TRF member wore a TRF shirt to dream theater show, and went to a meet and greet, and Mike told this guy... "*Sigh* You guys hate us" tongue.gif

In fairness, it wasn't just a TRF member. It was RushRevisited, who started this board along with Ghost Girl and 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 three years ago next week, and has invested countless hours and God knows how much money into this board.

Do Rush visit? My guess is not, although I'm sure Michael and other security staff peep in every now and again to ensure we're not harbouring any psychos or planning any stunts.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Aug 15 2007, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (gotbass1228 @ Aug 15 2007, 07:00 AM)
No...WHO?

In fairness, it wasn't just a TRF member. It was RushRevisited, who started this board along with Ghost Girl and 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 three years ago next week, and has invested countless hours and God knows how much money into this board.

Do Rush visit? My guess is not, although I'm sure Michael and other security staff peep in every now and again to ensure we're not harbouring any psychos or planning any stunts.

smile.gif Great post Madra new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif bekloppt.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Aug 15 2007, 04:33 AM)

In the late nineties, Geddy had his own website. People could ask questions and Geddy himself would answer some of them. It wasn't a forum like this, but Geddy did take the time to post some comments. Anyway, a little after 'My Favorite Headache' came out, the website vanished. I'm sure the members of Rush want to know what their fans are thinking. TRF is definitely one of the largest Rush forums and so I'm sure they've been on here a time or two.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 16 2007, 12:24 AM)

In the late nineties, Geddy had his own website. People could ask questions and Geddy himself would answer some of them. It wasn't a forum like this, but Geddy did take the time to post some comments. Anyway, a little after 'My Favorite Headache' came out, the website vanished. I'm sure the members of Rush want to know what their fans are thinking. TRF is definitely one of the largest Rush forums and so I'm sure they've been on here a time or two.

I'm sure the Geddy website that you're referring to was the geddylee.net one or myfavoriteheadache.com. They were the same thing and they came out after his solo effort. He did post on there but they were general posts that were addressed to all. (I was a member of that board...my very first one in fact). He didn't actually reply to anyone individually. But I do remember writing on his birthday card that was on that site for him. Apparently he did read through the birthday wishes and a few days after his birthday he replied with 'thanks, etc.' to all. Jeez, that was nearly 7 years ago. Feels like eons ago

I'm sure if any of the guys in the band posted in this forum, their comments would be along the same lines as the SNL skit some years back when William Shatner addressed the crowd at a Star Trek convention and told them all to get a life laugh.gif

Before ANYONE says anything, I would be proud for Neil to know of my admiration for his skill and talent, both as a drummer and a writer.

Stop laughing! laugh.gif

And what guy wouldn't secretly love knowing that nice-looking women find him attractive, eh? firedevil.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 16 2007, 12:48 AM)

And what guy wouldn't secretly love knowing that nice-looking women find him attractive, eh?  firedevil.gif

"secretly love"...Of course we'd f**king love it!!! And we'd probably tell our buddies that nice-looking women find us attractive. wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 15 2007, 11:09 AM)

And what guy wouldn't secretly love knowing that nice-looking women find him attractive, eh?  firedevil.gif

"secretly love"...Of course we'd f**king love it!!! And we'd probably tell our buddies that nice-looking women find us attractive. wink.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I meant, even if he pretended to be annoyed. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 15 2007, 10:37 AM)

I'm sure the Geddy website that you're referring to was the geddylee.net one or myfavoriteheadache.com. They were the same thing and they came out after his solo effort. He did post on there but they were general posts that were addressed to all. (I was a member of that board...my very first one in fact). He didn't actually reply to anyone individually. But I do remember writing on his birthday card that was on that site for him. Apparently he did read through the birthday wishes and a few days after his birthday he replied with 'thanks, etc.' to all. Jeez, that was nearly 7 years ago. Feels like eons ago

I used to read the coments on that website and I remember fans asking questions that he would answer. I know it was generalized but it was still cool that he would take the time to do that. I don't think the members of Rush equate us with Star Trek fans. Otherwise they wouldn't be on tour. Most musicians appreciate thier fans.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 16 2007, 01:11 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 15 2007, 10:37 AM)

I used to read the coments on that website and I remember fans asking questions that he would answer. I know it was generalized but it was still cool that he would take the time to do that. I don't think the members of Rush equate us with Star Trek fans. Otherwise they wouldn't be on tour. Most musicians appreciate thier fans.

Don't get me wrong, it was definitely cool of him to do that. That board and this one are the only 2 boards that I stuck with and that's saying a lot I think.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 16 2007, 01:10 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 15 2007, 11:09 AM)

laugh.gif

I meant, even if he pretended to be annoyed. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Aug 14 2007, 11:18 PM)
If they do visit, and that's a BIG IF, then they probably laugh at some of the comments, but mostly, are probably creeped out by most of the comments.

Yes, many on this forum are just a wee bit obsessed with the band fing.gif

...obsession has to have action...

I found some evidence.

[Lifeson says he's looking forward to debuting the new material and revisting some old gems for fans. But not all of Rush's old material has stood the test of time, he concedes."It's like a kid growing up - your children, they go through phases where they're jerks and you wish they didn't but you can't take that back," he says."That's the way that I look at our records. There are moments that I cringe, but they're done. We tried something, it worked, it didn't work. I read a lot of postings on some of these blogs and it's so interesting to kind of get into the heads of Rush fans and the songs that they like. Some of the things from the past that I thought just squeaked by, they're the most important moments for them."]

Toronto CP

So, Alex reads these posts. And if he does, I bet Neil and Geddy do as well. If they're reading this, Hello and I love your music!

Hmmm. And here I was just about to say that I doubted the guys read the posts on these forums. Looks like I may be wrong.

Rush used to have a forum on their website, didn't they? Am I remembering this correctly or is my brain just making this up?

yeah, they had one on rush.net but it was shut down....

and even though I think they do check in here periodically, i really hope they haven't checked in too recently - we've had a lot of idiotic trolls come in here that I would just be mortified for them to see that kind of behavior and rudeness...

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 15 2007, 03:41 PM)

and even though I think they do check in here periodically, i really hope they haven't checked in too recently - we've had a lot of idiotic trolls come in here that I would just be mortified for them to see that kind of behavior and rudeness...

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Aug 15 2007, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 14 2007, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (Iron Dog @ Aug 14 2007, 10:35 PM)
I know that the band does view this forum because my brother, who thinks he's a biker, works with this guy who rides with Peart up in Wyoming, Montana, and sometimes Alberta.  My brother says that often the topic of conversation is this very forum.

Tell your brother to tell his friend to tell Neil that we all said What's up?

spit6ph.gif

That was good. You owe me a new keyboard!!!

nice. sorry

at least it wasn't a whole laptop.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 16 2007, 04:41 AM)

They're almost definitely too busy now because of the tour to be on any kind of message board. After tours/albums, who knows what they're doing?

But I'm sure they've heard all kinds of nasty criticism over the years. I highly doubt that if Lee read something in regards to his bass tone by some know-it-all fan((cough: Melodick)), that he'd be affected by it.

Archived