Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (freewill71 @ Nov 6 2005, 01:15 PM)
Ben may be back by Cleveland -- lets hope

Today will show if we have -- as a team -- what it takes -- we need to rise above the injuries trink39.gif

Yep, we won without Big ben, without Bettis and without willie parker too since he got hurt early in the game. Not only that but Hines ward only caught 1 pass all day and we still won.

Now that's a solid team.

One player DONT make a team. bekloppt.gif

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 7 2005, 02:34 AM)
QUOTE (freewill71 @ Nov 6 2005, 01:15 PM)
Ben may be back by Cleveland -- lets hope

Today will show if we have -- as a team -- what it takes -- we need to rise above the injuries  trink39.gif

Yep, we won without Big ben, without Bettis and without willie parker too since he got hurt early in the game. Not only that but Hines ward only caught 1 pass all day and we still won.

Now that's a solid team.

One player DONT make a team. bekloppt.gif

bekloppt.gif

A win is a win no matter how you get it -- or to who

They did not play all that well -- I do believe Ben is our hope -- if not this year -- sometime to bring this team one for the thumb new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Cleveland sucks too -- but with the rivary -- they will play hard too win -- so here we go to next week

The only thing that worries me is when Roethlisberger is out. I really think we need a more solid backup QB. 64 passing yards against the Packers? C'mon I know they can do better than that. If it wasn't for our defense I really think we would have lost that game yesterday. Here's to hoping we wisen up for Cleveland.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 7 2005, 11:28 PM)
The only thing that worries me is when Roethlisberger is out. I really think we need a more solid backup QB. 64 passing yards against the Packers? C'mon I know they can do better than that. If it wasn't for our defense I really think we would have lost that game yesterday. Here's to hoping we wisen up for Cleveland.

Here is hoping Ben is back for Cleveland unsure.gif

Edited by freewill71

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 7 2005, 08:19 AM)
It was only the Packers....now tied for worst in the league..not really a big test..

Any win on the road is a test in the NFL. I don't care who it is. Besides the steelers lost 2 games out of their last 25 or so regular season games so the way I look at it they don't need tested, they kick ass either way you look at it, even with some of their starters out and everything. I know how bad people want to pounce on the steelers and all but you may have to wait until they aren't such a powerhouse first.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 8 2005, 12:28 AM)

There is no doubt that our defense won that game for us. They pretty much won a few games for us in the last couple years. Even when Ben is in there we don't usually have tons of passing yards. Ben don't make a lot of mistakes is the big difference. With a defense like the steelers all you need is a great running game and a QB who don't make a lot of mistakes.

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 8 2005, 12:30 AM)
It was only the Packers....now tied for worst in the league..not really a big test..

Any win on the road is a test in the NFL. I don't care who it is. Besides the steelers lost 2 games out of their last 25 or so regular season games so the way I look at it they don't need tested, they kick ass either way you look at it, even with some of their starters out and everything. I know how bad people want to pounce on the steelers and all but you may have to wait until they aren't such a powerhouse first.

I wasn't "pouncing" on the Steelers sarcasm.gif Just sayin' when they play a way better team than the Packers (whether on the road or not) is a better assessment on how a team handles losing key players like Ben and a few others. I was making an objective opinion, not slagging the team.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 8 2005, 12:35 AM)

I wasn't "pouncing" on the Steelers sarcasm.gif Just sayin' when they play a way better team than the Packers (whether on the road or not) is a better assessment on how a team handles losing key players like Ben and a few others. I was making an objective opinion, not slagging the team.

And who cares if they only lost a few regular season games they haven't won the Superbowl yet. schla03.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 8 2005, 01:37 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 8 2005, 12:35 AM)

And who cares if they only lost a few regular season games they haven't won the Superbowl yet. schla03.gif

Yeah only 4 of them in my lifetime. schla03.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 8 2005, 01:35 AM)

The way I look at it is they are due to lose a game or two sooner or later. I would rather it be in the regular season instead of the playoffs, obviously. They are one of the top teams right now so they have a shot at the super bowl but I'd say unless Ben in healthy I don't see it happening because he can play the mistake free football that this team needs. Our Running game and defense is the bread and butter of the team though, we all know that.

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 8 2005, 03:34 AM)
The way I look at it is they are due to lose a game or two sooner or later. I would rather it be in the regular season instead of the playoffs, obviously. They are one of the top teams right now so they have a shot at the super bowl but I'd say unless Ben in healthy I don't see it happening because he can play the mistake free football that this team needs. Our Running game and defense is the bread and butter of the team though, we all know that.

Could not agree more

Troy is becoming my favorite Steeler. Well besides Hines Ward of course.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2776/troy1jz.jpg

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 10 2005, 06:25 PM)
Troy is becoming my favorite Steeler. Well besides Hines Ward of course.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2776/troy1jz.jpg

I saw that in the store today smile.gif

I AM about to go out for ear plugs to survive this weekend -- see -- my Son is a Browns Fan fing.gif -- all I can say is they switched babies at birth -- still wub.gif him -- but the Steelers BETTER win -- else I will need a Hotel room rest of week

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 13 2005, 11:08 PM)
17-7 Steelers at the half biggrin.gif

Batch has really impressed me this game so far. And congratulations to Hines Ward for passing John Stallworth for the Steelers all time receptions record.

Hell ya, Hines is awesome!!!!

Yeah, Batch is looking good. I love the gutsy call where he decided to run it in with 19 seconds left on the clock and no time outs LOL. Nice man Nice!!!

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 13 2005, 10:29 PM)
HOOOOOLLLYYYYYY SHIT!

Randle El throws to Ward for the TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful Play!

Great Play, but too bad the rest of the game im on my seat saying to my self "Just dont throw the ball Maddox, just dont throw the damn ball and it will all work out."

Then in the late 3rd quarter or early 4th i dont remember when he threw that interception, but they gave the ball back to Pittsburgh becaue of fasemasking! Good call wiht that one.

I love it WE WON!!

I got this today in a email laugh.gif -- thought it fit here best

A Pittsburgh girl knows just as much about football as her guy

>>>friends, >in some cases, even more. She drinks beer because it tastes

>>>good but knows >when to be classy and drink something more sophisticaed.

>>>She owns a Steeler >jersey not just because it's cute but because she

>>>supports her team and >understands the>game. She loves Kennywood and

>>>isn't afraid to order >cheese fries from the Potato Patch because, let's

>>>face>it...Pittsburgh >girls wear winter coats and scarves a lot more than

>>>bikinis and flip flops. >A Pittsburgh>girl loves St. Patrick's Day, even

>>>if she's not Irish >because green beer is good for the soul.

>>>Pittsburgh>girls don't have a >funny accent. They just speak a different

>>>language. The word yinz is dear >to her>heart, even if she would never

>>>say it herself. A Pittsburgh girl >bleeds black and gold and knows how

>>>to>have a great time. She's stylish >and sweet. She has a great education

>>>and loves her friends and family. >A>Pittsburgh girl goes to

>>> >church on Sunday hung over, only to be let out by the priest early

>>>because >the>Steelers kick off at one. A Pittsburgh girl might not live

>>>by the >beach, but the Three Rivers are just as>good! She has seen all

>>>four >seasons and has a reason to love and hate each of them. She's the

>>>type of >girl>you can call late at night and spill your heart out to.

>>>She's the >type you can take home to Mom and Dad>without worrying they

>>>won't like >her. Because everyone loves a Pittsburgh girl. If you need a

>>>girl to take >to>the game, she'll be there. If you need a friend to help

>>>you out, >she's there. If you need a drinking>buddy, she'll be there with

>>>her IC >Light in hand. So let your Pittsburgh girl know you love her! You

>>>can take >the girl out of Pittsburgh, but you can never take the

>>>Pittsburgh out of >the girl!

Well the news is in here the Quarterback line up for Sunday: Tommy (Gunshy) Maddox, Randel El, and Big Ben.

The should start Randel El as starting quarterback, he would out perform Maddox, and thats second nature to Randel El, becaue of how he was a quarterback before. anybody agree?

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Nov 15 2005, 10:27 AM)
Well the news is in here the Quarterback line up for Sunday: Tommy (Gunshy) Maddox, Randel El, and Big Ben.

The should start Randel El as starting quarterback, he would out perform Maddox, and thats second nature to Randel El, becaue of how he was a quarterback before. anybody agree?

Most definitely -- keep Maddox off the field rage.gif

QUOTE (freewill71 @ Nov 15 2005, 07:08 PM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Nov 15 2005, 10:27 AM)

Most definitely -- keep Maddox off the field rage.gif

they will put Tommy GUNSHY Maddox in and the first pass will be an interception, and if that were to happen, thats when they should put Randel EL In and finish the game!