Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to love all the haters LOL.

It would be scarey if they DIDN'T have haters. I love it. Bengal fans have sit in their corner and shut up for like 15 years and they finally have a winning record and here they come out of the woodwork LOL. Typical bengal fans ahahahah. Who dey who dey PUKE. 062802puke_prv.gif

I look at the posts from last season and it was PATS PATS PATS and the same people are COLTS COLTS COLTS. I wonder who they will be cheering on next season? Seahawks? Broncos? Whoever has the best record no doubt LOL.

Pick a team any team, but be loyal and you get my respect. yes.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 30 2005, 03:02 AM)
Got to love all the haters LOL.

It would be scarey if they DIDN'T have haters. I love it. Bengal fans have sit in their corner and shut up for like 15 years and they finally have a winning record and here they come out of the woodwork LOL. Typical bengal fans ahahahah. Who dey who dey PUKE.  062802puke_prv.gif

I look at the posts from last season and it was PATS PATS PATS and the same people are COLTS COLTS COLTS. I wonder who they will be cheering on next season? Seahawks? Broncos? Whoever has the best record no doubt LOL.

Pick a team any team, but be loyal and you get my respect.  yes.gif

Where do you see haters on the past couple pages of this thread? I'm not a hater of any team. I respect talent wherever I see it and I don't bash any teams. I thought you were better than this Indy, you sound a little sore over your loss. Yes, I am a Bengals fan and have been all my life! When people make stupid comments like "Typical Bengals fans....here they come out of the woodwork" I have to laugh. I have never stopped supporting the Bengals, even through the past 15 miserable years when they earned the title of worst professional sports franchise of the decade. I rooted for them every week, went to games and tried to stay optimistic that someday things would change. Of course it seems like fans are coming out of the woodwork...no sh*t!...there hasn't been anything to get excited about for some time. Did you expect to hear a lot of talk about how great we were when we had a 4-10 season? Of course not. It doesn't mean I jumped off the bandwagon or stopped supporting my team during those times. You say pick a team and be loyal, well I have always been loyal to the Bengals and have never resorted to badmouthing other teams or their fans like you just did. As a matter of fact I congratulated you on your win over the Bengals earlier this season (it was either on this thread or on the other forum). I said that the Steelers were definitely the better team that day and the Bengals had some things they needed to work on, particularly stopping the run. The only comments I made here during Monday night's game was that I thought Cowher made a dumb call starting the second half with an onside kick and then I posted a couple happy smilies after the game was over. Of course I was happy, I want my team to be in first place. Unlike another forum member, you won't see me constantly posting that the Steelers suck because that is just ignorant. Of course they don't suck, they have one hell of a team. I have nothing but respect for players like Roethlisberger, Bettis and Hines Ward and I am always amazed watching Troy Polamalu. He is one very intense, smart player who always seems to be where the ball is!

Sorry to be so long winded here. I'm just tired of people bad mouthing other teams and their fans all the time. Be loyal to your team, support you team and respect other fans and their teams. It is of course ok to do a little bit smack talking before a big game but never disrespect the other team. cool.gif

QUOTE (bardan @ Nov 30 2005, 05:45 AM)

I'm just tired of people bad mouthing other teams and their fans all the time.

I am with you there. I respond like that because people that don't even have a favorite team goes out of their way to rub shit in when someones team loses. If they do have a favorite team it's usually a team that SUCKs so they have no room to talk. It's actually quite funny. They can't wait to see the Steelers lose so they can call their coach stupid for taking a chance and trying something not so conservative. If it worked it would have been brilliant but people ran to the ol Steeler thread to go rub it in. To me thats a hater. I say shit about Bengal fans because I know a lot personally and most of them are like that. Since they haven't had anything to cheer about for years they had to wait for other teams to fail so they could rub it in. Not all bengals fans are like that but a lot are. I guess it's years of frustration showing through I don't know. I am a Pirates fan in baseball and I know what it's like to follow a loser. But I'm not about to wait for a team to lose so I can go rub it in peoples face when my team has been horrible for years lol. I am known to hate the Yankees not because they win a lot but because they have a payroll of 4 or 5 teams combined and I think it throws off the balance of baseball. But that's a different story.

If I offended you then I appoligize. If the Bengals win the division, or if they win this week against the Steelers, or if they win THE SUPER BOWL. I will be the first to congradulate them/Bengal fans on their victory. What I wont do is go up in a Bengal thread as the first sign of a lose and cheer and boast and rub it in peoples faces. That is what gets old and that's the kind of fans I was talking about.

I am more about talking when my team shines than dogging other teams for losing. Most people who talk shit when peoples team loses usually have no room to talk. The worse of the worse is the people who don't even have a favorite team yet they go around dogging everyone elses team when they lose. I really don't understand that. I guess that is easier than being a loyal fan of a team because only 1 team wins it all, and if there is 30 teams then an average would be one Super Bowl win every 30 years and that is a lot of years of being disapointed just for a super bowl win. If a team dont win the super bowl then they are looked on as having a failure year. Which is kind of weak because I am proud when my team makes the playoffs, even if they dont win it all, it's better than NOT making the playoffs. Also, I think that waiting YEARS AND YEARS for your team to win it all makes it so satisfying when they finally DO win it all. People who jump bandwagons win all the time, because they keep changing teams. But it's so much more sweeter when you have been a loyal fan for years and your team finally wins the big one.

When the Colts beat the Bengals last week you didn't see me dogging the Bengals for it. The did their best and couldn't beat the best team in football. They gave em hell, that's all you can ask for. I could have easily sat and dogged them for losing but whats the point? I'm no hater and I'm not an immature child anymore. Back when I was 12 I prolly would have waxed bengals threads talking about how they suck because they lost LOL. That would only make me another ignorant hater, we don't need anymore of them, the world has enough already. ahahahaha

If they Bengals win it all this year then I would be happy for their fans, not pissed off. I know what it's like to wait for years to win the big one. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Bengals for obvious reason, rivalry. But that's normal in sports. Anyway, good luck this week bengals fans. This should be a good game because it has a lot riding on it. That's what football is all about. trink39.gif

For the record I think Cowher is having his worse coaching year I've ever seen. I think the onside kick thing was him trying to make something happen. The colts are clearly the best team(I wont argue with the numbers) so he had to try something to give the Steelers some spark. I was pissed too when it didn't work but after I thought about it I think he did the right thing by trying something to make something happen. If it worked it could have shifted the momentum to the Steeler side. It was worth a try. Cowher is known to be ultra conservative (and people bitch about that)so I can't complain when he trys something different for a change.

Edited by Indica

QB-BEN ROETHLISBERGER (on the offense's slow start and his comback game)

"I think Indianapolis misunderstood me. I wanted to knock the rust off, I didn't want them to".

LOL you got to like the guy, he has a sense of humor thats for sure.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 30 2005, 11:34 AM)

I am with you there. I respond like that because people that don't even have a favorite team goes out of their way to rub shit in when someones team loses. If they do have a favorite team it's usually a team that SUCKs so they have no room to talk. It's actually quite funny. They can't wait to see the Steelers lose so they can call their coach stupid for taking a chance and trying something not so conservative. If it worked it would have been brilliant but people ran to the ol Steeler thread to go rub it in. To me thats a hater. I say shit about Bengal fans because I know a lot personally and most of them are like that. Since they haven't had anything to cheer about for years they had to wait for other teams to fail so they could rub it in. Not all bengals fans are like that but a lot are. I guess it's years of frustration showing through I don't know. I am a Pirates fan in baseball and I know what it's like to follow a loser. But I'm not about to wait for a team to lose so I can go rub it in peoples face when my team has been horrible for years lol. I am known to hate the Yankees not because they win a lot but because they have a payroll of 4 or 5 teams combined and I think it throws off the balance of baseball. But that's a different story.

If I offended you then I appoligize. If the Bengals win the division, or if they win this week against the Steelers, or if they win THE SUPER BOWL. I will be the first to congradulate them/Bengal fans on their victory. What I wont do is go up in a Bengal thread as the first sign of a lose and cheer and boast and rub it in peoples faces. That is what gets old and that's the kind of fans I was talking about.

I am more about talking when my team shines than dogging other teams for losing. Most people who talk shit when peoples team loses usually have no room to talk. The worse of the worse is the people who don't even have a favorite team yet they go around dogging everyone elses team when they lose. I really don't understand that. I guess that is easier than being a loyal fan of a team because only 1 team wins it all, and if there is 30 teams then an average would be one Super Bowl win every 30 years and that is a lot of years of being disapointed just for a super bowl win. If a team dont win the super bowl then they are looked on as having a failure year. Which is kind of weak because I am proud when my team makes the playoffs, even if they dont win it all, it's better than NOT making the playoffs. Also, I think that waiting YEARS AND YEARS for your team to win it all makes it so satisfying when they finally DO win it all. People who jump bandwagons win all the time, because they keep changing teams. But it's so much more sweeter when you have been a loyal fan for years and your team finally wins the big one.

When the Colts beat the Bengals last week you didn't see me dogging the Bengals for it. The did their best and couldn't beat the best team in football. They gave em hell, that's all you can ask for. I could have easily sat and dogged them for losing but whats the point? I'm no hater and I'm not an immature child anymore. Back when I was 12 I prolly would have waxed bengals threads talking about how they suck because they lost LOL. That would only make me another ignorant hater, we don't need anymore of them, the world has enough already. ahahahaha

If they Bengals win it all this year then I would be happy for their fans, not pissed off. I know what it's like to wait for years to win the big one. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Bengals for obvious reason, rivalry. But that's normal in sports. Anyway, good luck this week bengals fans. This should be a good game because it has a lot riding on it. That's what football is all about. trink39.gif

For the record I think Cowher is having his worse coaching year I've ever seen. I think the onside kick thing was him trying to make something happen. The colts are clearly the best team(I wont argue with the numbers) so he had to try something to give the Steelers some spark. I was pissed too when it didn't work but after I thought about it I think he did the right thing by trying something to make something happen. If it worked it could have shifted the momentum to the Steeler side. It was worth a try. Cowher is known to be ultra conservative (and people bitch about that)so I can't complain when he trys something different for a change.

There's totally times when it's well deserved though to talk shit on a team. Right now i'm doing it to Denver fans and Indy fans cuz first off... they came outta nowhere, and second off... Indy's in for a smackdown against SD just for the revenge attitude the Chargers have for the Mannings in general, and Denver squeaked out a three point win second week against the Bolts and their fans act like the division is wrapped up already.

AS FOR PITTSBURGH. I live in Pa. So being a Charger fan has always been a bitch around here. I'm smack dab in the middle of Philly and Pittsburgh, so everyone opens their Pennsylvania handbook and makes their obligatory pick as to which team they will like. It's either one or the other. I HATE PA TEAMS. All of 'em, so I rag on Pittsburgh all the time. Also because every time Pittsburg encounters SD in the playoffs... the outcome is the same. SD advances, and the Steelers are left crying in their terrible towels. moon.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 30 2005, 11:34 AM)

So it was ok to rag on the niners when we had a our lil discussion the other night eh? You know...the bullshit "forty whiners" comment....especially when it had nothing to do with what I was trying to say...I'm not gonna bring that up again but I think it's bullshit that just because something negative is said about the Steelers you always assume there is "jealousy" because that person's particuliar team is sucking right now or was sucking before.

Ye I'm a fan of the Niners but I'm also a fan of the NFL and will speak my mind about how other teams are doing. You've spewed your "jealousy" theory several times now when I gave my objective, honest opinion that the Steelers were gonna lose (like last year with the Pats in the playoffs and the Colts the other night). We all know how that turned out. I also didn't rub it in now did i? As a matter of fact I have never trashed the Steelers once. I think they're a good team but not a great team and I stand by my assessment of those games. Not because I'm a "hater" as u call it.

I said last year if the Steelers win the Bowl I'd be the first to congratulate u. I still stand by that. But don't bring that moronic "You're just jealous cause the Niners are sucking" crapola if I say they are not gonna win the Bowl or any certain game. If i didn't think the Colts would win the other night I would've honestly said so. I even voted No in the Colts perfect season poll cause i think it is VERY hard to win every game and they will slip and lose one, probably sooner rather than later.

But of course you're not gonna believe me anyways...

Carry on..so sorry I spoke my piece in your sacred Steelers thread...

Vegas odds right now have the Steelers a 3 point favorite over the bengals. I had to check because the Steelers have been playing like shit lately and the Bengals have been looking pretty good. They must know something we dont because I would probably take the 3 points at this point. Meaning If I was a betting man and was going to put up money on the game I would take the Bengals with the 3 points.

Look for the push though, I could see this game going to overtime and the steelers winning by a field goal. In that case everyone loses money. That's the games that Vegas wins money on. From what I hear any other games that are being bet on vegas usually breaks even so the more "push" games they can predict and make odds for the more they make. I always wondered the % Vegas wins on most weeks and after someone explained how they usually break even on most games and win millions every week on their average 2-3 "push" games every week, it made a hell of a lot of sense to me. That's why I don't bet on football for the most part.

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (mully_53 @ Dec 1 2005, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 12:13 PM)
Get over it, it's only football!

Everything you have said and will say in the future now makes sense after that comment yes.gif yes.gif ......

Damn right it does!!! Everything I say makes sense anyway.

If I didn't pretend like it bothered me so much then people wouldn't have no reason to Rush to the ol steeler thread to cheer on when they lose.

Whoohoo the Steelers are losing trink39.gif I think I will go to the steeler thread and cheer about it even though I'm not even a fan of the team beating them, then when someone calls me a hater and say I'm jealous then I will say it's just me stating my opinion. Woot!!!

fing.gif eh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 02:12 PM)
Vegas odds right now have the Steelers a 3 point favorite over the bengals. I had to check because the Steelers have been playing like shit lately and the Bengals have been looking pretty good. They must know something we dont because I would probably take the 3 points at this point. Meaning If I was a betting man and was going to put up money on the game I would take the Bengals with the 3 points.

Look for the push though, I could see this game going to overtime and the steelers winning by a field goal. In that case everyone loses money. That's the games that Vegas wins money on. From what I hear any other games that are being bet on vegas usually breaks even so the more "push" games they can predict and make odds for the more they make. I always wondered the % Vegas wins on most weeks and after someone explained how they usually break even on most games and win millions every week on their average 2-3 "push" games every week, it made a hell of a lot of sense to me. That's why I don't bet on football for the most part.

A push in Vegas means a dead bet, nobody wins therefore your money is refunded in whole. This is standard for your local bookie or offshore dealer also. The way Vegas makes money is on the juice ( a 10% fee tacked on to every dollar of every losing wager ) Vegas tries to even out the money line as best as possible ( this is how we get fluctuating pointspreads throughout the week right up until game time ) if one team is receiving more money action than the other the pointspread will move accordingly.

The 10% may have dropped down to 5% over the years, i'm not quite sure ( its been awhile since my last excursion to the desert ) but one thing is for sure... VEGAS DOESN'T LOSE

Oh ya and what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas wink.gif