Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Dec 1 2005, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 02:12 PM)
Vegas odds right now have the Steelers a 3 point favorite over the bengals. I had to check because the Steelers have been playing like shit lately and the Bengals have been looking pretty good. They must know something we dont because I would probably take the 3 points at this point. Meaning If I was a betting man and was going to put up money on the game I would take the Bengals with the 3 points.

Look for the push though, I could see this game going to overtime and the steelers winning by a field goal. In that case everyone loses money. That's the games that Vegas wins money on. From what I hear any other games that are being bet on vegas usually breaks even so the more "push" games they can predict and make odds for the more they make. I always wondered the % Vegas wins on most weeks and after someone explained how they usually break even on most games and win millions every week on their average 2-3 "push" games every week, it made a hell of a lot of sense to me. That's why I don't bet on football for the most part.

A push in Vegas means a dead bet, nobody wins therefore your money is refunded in whole. This is standard for your local bookie or offshore dealer also. The way Vegas makes money is on the juice ( a 10% fee tacked on to every dollar of every losing wager ) Vegas tries to even out the money line as best as possible ( this is how we get fluctuating pointspreads throughout the week right up until game time ) if one team is receiving more money action than the other the pointspread will move accordingly.

The 10% may have dropped down to 5% over the years, i'm not quite sure ( its been awhile since my last excursion to the desert ) but one thing is for sure... VEGAS DOESN'T LOSE

Oh ya and what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas wink.gif

No shit??? I never bet on football in vegas before, I'm just going by what I heard. But every bookie I ever seen wins on a push. I don't and wouldn't pay juice on a bet. That's probably why I don't bet. I have bet on football before and I never got money back when there was a push. Just like in blackjack, they win ties. That's why I always bet on games that had a 1/2 spread point so there would never be a push(but I didn't pay a juice). To be honest I like it better that way than paying a juice. I guess either way it works the results are still the same, they dont lose. That's very true. Vegas don't lose.

Question, when you pay a juice, if you win, do you get the juice back? If not, I don't see why anyone would bother.

edit: opps nevermind, your first post answered my question, you said the juice is only paid on a losing bet.

Edited by Indica

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (mully_53 @ Dec 1 2005, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 12:13 PM)
Get over it, it's only football!

Everything you have said and will say in the future now makes sense after that comment yes.gif yes.gif ......

Damn right it does!!! Everything I say makes sense anyway.

If I didn't pretend like it bothered me so much then people wouldn't have no reason to Rush to the ol steeler thread to cheer on when they lose.

Whoohoo the Steelers are losing trink39.gif I think I will go to the steeler thread and cheer about it even though I'm not even a fan of the team beating them, then when someone calls me a hater and say I'm jealous then I will say it's just me stating my opinion. Woot!!!

fing.gif eh.gif

If it makes you feel any better I have a Bettis jersey tongue.gif tongue.gif ...

And just because people think another team is going to win doesn't make them a "hater" what are you on the Maury Povich show for cryin out loud.....

Are people not allowed to have objective opinions......When people talk about how the 9ers need alot of work and are one of the worst teams in the leauge do I think of them as a hater...Nope...Contrary to what you seem to think people will have unbiased opinions when a game involves two teams not involving their own......Sure you think your teams the best and they are one of the better ones right now but there is no reason to make excuses for the fact that Indy is better then them......The leauge also likes Big ben and Bettis...Just the fact that you gave a beat around the bush excuse for the steelers losing the other night bothered me....They lost....Thats sports.....You should be happy that you live in the area of your team and are able to cheer with your community for the most part for the same team....There is times I wish I was a Bills or Lions fan because those are the teams close to me but I have grown up a fan of a team that is across not just the country but the entire continant.......

So just for the record....just because we may think that the Steelers are not going to win a particular game doesnt take anything away from the fact that they are a good team or make us "haters"

Now I have read some of your other posts and I agree with alot of what you say.....People who sit back without a team or even with a team and do nothing but trash other teams have nothing to talk about you are right......And then the one's who just cheer for winning teams when they are winning well they are a different type but......Things I have said and a few other people havn't quite "trashed" your steelers...I respect the fact that you are such a loyal fan and I bet your very happy about having a talented young winning football team....I wish mine was in the same position....Just be careful when jumping the gun and calling people haters just for not thinking quite as highly about the Steelers as you do.....If they did they would then they would be on the wagon and thats more annoying then a hater.....I hate it when my team is finally doing well and all of a sudden everyone is a fan......Best of luck to the Steelers in the playoffs it would be great to see #36 win the Bowl.....

Edited by mully_53

QUOTE (mully_53 @ Dec 2 2005, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (mully_53 @ Dec 1 2005, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 12:13 PM)
Get over it, it's only football!

Everything you have said and will say in the future now makes sense after that comment yes.gif yes.gif ......

Damn right it does!!! Everything I say makes sense anyway.

If I didn't pretend like it bothered me so much then people wouldn't have no reason to Rush to the ol steeler thread to cheer on when they lose.

Whoohoo the Steelers are losing trink39.gif I think I will go to the steeler thread and cheer about it even though I'm not even a fan of the team beating them, then when someone calls me a hater and say I'm jealous then I will say it's just me stating my opinion. Woot!!!

fing.gif eh.gif

If it makes you feel any better I have a Bettis jersey tongue.gif tongue.gif ...

And just because people think another team is going to win doesn't make them a "hater" what are you on the Maury Povich show for cryin out loud.....

Are people not allowed to have objective opinions......When people talk about how the 9ers need alot of work and are one of the worst teams in the leauge do I think of them as a hater...Nope...Contrary to what you seem to think people will have unbiased opinions when a game involves two teams not involving their own......Sure you think your teams the best and they are one of the better ones right now but there is no reason to make excuses for the fact that Indy is better then them......The leauge also likes Big ben and Bettis...Just the fact that you gave a beat around the bush excuse for the steelers losing the other night bothered me....They lost....Thats sports.....You should be happy that you live in the area of your team and are able to cheer with your community for the most part for the same team....There is times I wish I was a Bills or Lions fan because those are the teams close to me but I have grown up a fan of a team that is across not just the country but the entire continant.......

So just for the record....just because we may think that the Steelers are not going to win a particular game doesnt take anything away from the fact that they are a good team or make us "haters"

Now I have read some of your other posts and I agree with alot of what you say.....People who sit back without a team or even with a team and do nothing but trash other teams have nothing to talk about you are right......And then the one's who just cheer for winning teams when they are winning well they are a different type but......Things I have said and a few other people havn't quite "trashed" your steelers...I respect the fact that you are such a loyal fan and I bet your very happy about having a talented young winning football team....I wish mine was in the same position....Just be careful when jumping the gun and calling people haters just for not thinking quite as highly about the Steelers as you do.....If they did they would then they would be on the wagon and thats more annoying then a hater.....I hate it when my team is finally doing well and all of a sudden everyone is a fan......Best of luck to the Steelers in the playoffs it would be great to see #36 win the Bowl.....

People can think someones gonna win all they want. There is a damn difference between thinking a team is gonna win and rushing to a thread for a certain teams fans and cheering when they lose. I can't believe people are acting like there is not a damn difference. Truthfully I think it's stoopid for people to do that and the only reason they do it is to piss people off. It's one thing to cheer for your own team and cheer when they are winning but I notice some people go out of their way to cheer against someones team just to try to get under their skin.

Again, thinking someone is a better team and is going to win against another team is one thing but to go to a thread specially for fans to talk about their team and do this trink39.gif when they are getting beat is 2 different things. Please tell me you can't tell the difference between the 2.

That's like if someone created a screename on this forum just to wax the threads and tell people how bad RUSH sucks over and over. That person would be considered a troll. That's how I feel when people go out of their way to root against and cheer for someones team just for the purpose of pissing someone off. big difference. BIG DIFFERENCE. I mean if the colts were all these peoples favorite team then I guess I could see a little bit of it but that is not the case. But I guess people can keep doing it if it makes their peen feel a little bigger and it gets their rocks off.

And I didn't make an excuse for Indy beating them. I just think it's lame for some fan of some shit ass team right now to be so jealous they have to rub it in when a team they don't even like beats a team they know someone does like. Thats like 12 year old shit in my book. Why would I need an excuse for Indy beating the Steelers, I admit the colts are the best team right now. No excuse needed.

I could see it if you needed the Steelers to lose so your team can make the playoffs, then sure you should be happy in that case. But I'm not stupid, I know why people rush to the Steeler thread and wax it with cheering when they lose when they don't even like they team that beat them. It's hard to to look at it as someone being jealous in that case, especially when their team only won 2 games all season LOL. Unless you can tell me a good reason why people keep doing this in the sacred Steeler thread when they lose and they don't even like the teams who are beating them then I will continue to think of them as jealous fans. But I can't think of any other reason someone would go out of their way just to rub it in when somones team loses each time.

They don't rub it in because "They think they are going to lose against a certain team" do they? Maybe people do it because they can say "Hey LOok, I was right, I told you they were gonna lose against a team who were an 8 1/2 point favorite, since I am not right very often then I have to rub it in when I finally am right about something" ahahahahahahaha

I'm just speculating here, I can't think of any other reason anyone would take the time to rub it in when a team loses that they "aren't jealous" of.

Please help me out if there is a good reason that people do this each time. If it's not jealousy then what is it?

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Trance @ Dec 2 2005, 08:19 PM)
Get over it, it's only a football thread.

You get over it. Who is your team?

Jealousy gets you no where.

Maybe you should stick with Trying to learn a little guitar. LOL

YOU ARE WRONG though, it's not JUST a football thread. It's a STEELER thread!!!! Get it right!!!!!! MUHAUHAUHAUHAUAH

The Steelers, not just another NFL team. biggrin.gif

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Trance @ Dec 2 2005, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 2 2005, 09:26 PM)
Jealousy gets you no where.

How typical.

And observant.

Hey yall, don't get salty that the Steelers are the class of the NFL. If we didn't already have enough loyal fans I would invite you to the clan but we are packed full right now but you can add your names to the waiting list if you would like. If not you can go back to hating them LOL. http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent//2005/01/20/07/04_NYJ2_Roethlisberger06_50001.jpg

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent//2004/12/27/13/04_BAL2_Fans12_49040.jpg

tradition!!!!

MUHAUHAUHAUHAUHAUAHUHA HATERS, HATE ON BABY, HATE ON!!!! goodpost.gif 1022.gif

The Steelers lost 2 in a row for the first time since 2003, a span of 35 games. It's a good time to start dogging them for sucking!! hahahahah, you better hurry though.

Before these road losses the Steelers won 11 straight road games. Not bad!!! DAMN THEY SUCK!!!! ahahahahahahahaha

Since Cowher has been coach the Steelers won 11 out of 11 home games on monday night football. In other words, Cowher never lost a home game on monday night as the Steelers head coach.

Before last weeks game, the Steelers beat the Colts 9 times in a row!!!

The Steelers gave up over 100 yards rushing to E. James last week. Before that they hadn't gave up 100 yards on the ground for 22 straight games!!!

After reading all these stats I am starting to understand the hatred toward them. People hate winners!!! ahahahahaha

Edited by Indica

btw: you can have all the statistics you want but let's be honest; those stats you love mean nothing unless you win it all. if they don't, the steelers will end up like atlanta (BB) and i think you would be in denial if you really settled for the stats rather than winning in the big show.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Dec 2 2005, 08:50 PM)
INDICA, no one hates the steelers; i think more people root for them than hate on them. as a patriots fan, i just wish they could win the big game or win to get to the big game.

They have been to the Big game AS MUCH AS the Patriots!!! Not only THAT but they won more than the Patriots too. Get your facts straight!!!! I watched all 5 times that they have been there!!!! Winning 4 of those 5 times!!!! How many other teams can claim that? LOL

Will you still be a pats fan in a couple years when they are 2-14?

The STELLERS(MISPELLED ON PURPOSE LOL) WON 1/10th OF ALL SUPER BOWLS!!!!! How many more do they need to win before you wish someone who NEVER been to one to win one.

Honestly, I hope the Browns win a super bowl one year because out of 39 super bowls they never even BEEN to one. That's the team you should feel sorry for and hope they finally make it. The Steelers don't need sympathy from fans, THEY BEEN THERE DONE THAT AHAHAHAHA.

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (daveyt @ Dec 2 2005, 08:54 PM)
btw: you can have all the statistics you want but let's be honest; those stats you love mean nothing unless you win it all. if they don't, the steelers will end up like atlanta (BB) and i think you would be in denial if you really settled for the stats rather than winning in the big show.

again!!! The Steelers won the super bowl 4 f*ckin times!!!! How many do they have to win before people stop wishing they would win a super bowl? Do they have to win 10 before people understand how much they won? LOL

f**k the Pats, their time is up. Now it's time for someone else to step in there.

INDICA, no one hates the steelers

Yes, yes they do. yes.gif

I know plenty that even has the balls to admit they hate the steelers LOL. Much respect to those people who aren't in denial. aahahahahaha

"Steelahs chunka chunka, STEELAHS chunka chunka, STEELAHS!!!!

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 2 2005, 08:55 PM)
INDICA, no one hates the steelers; i think more people root for them than hate on them. as a patriots fan, i just wish they could win the big game or win to get to the big game.

They have been to the Big game AS MUCH AS the Patriots!!! Not only THAT but they won more than the Patriots too. Get your facts straight!!!! I watched all 5 times that they have been there!!!! Winning 4 of those 5 times!!!! How many other teams can claim that? LOL

Niners been to five Super Bowls as well....Won all five too cool10.gif

I wish I was there to see that Steeler fan slap you in the face with the terrible towel LOL. A pats fan rooting for the ravens deserves a slap in the face ahahahaha.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 2 2005, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 2 2005, 08:55 PM)

Niners been to five Super Bowls as well....Won all five too cool10.gif

Yes, true. The 49ers arguably had the best team in my lifetime. I will not argue with you about that but If I did I would say the 1978 Steelers were damn close if not a tad bit better but of course this is a biased opinion. I hope you forgive me!!!!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051201/capt.ny14412012104.steelers_ben_s_thumb_ny144.jpg