Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if any of you Steeler fans can remember what Terry Bradshaw's last game was? I'll give you a hint... it was the same team that the Steelers have NEVER beaten in a playoff. Oh yeah... they're my favorite team too. I'll be in Pittsburgh this year to see Big Ben go down to the punishing attack of the SAN DIEGO CHARGERS!!! Well... i hope anyway. LOL.

Colts fan here.

I have to say that the Steelers look pretty damn scary after the first 2 weeks.

I mean, this guy Willie Parker seemingly comes out of nowhere to run over opposing defenses while the Steelers defense stifles their opponents.

Somehow, I see a possible Colts-Steelers showdown brewing.

I know, I know, it's still early. Nevertheless, I think the Colts and Steelers look to be the cream of the crop in the AFC. That's no slight against the Pats as I think they are always dangerous.

Damn, it's time for my weekly prediction. I've been pretty close so far but I don't know about this week. I want the Steelers to win and I know they can win but it's hard to predict. I have to pick them though.

Steelers 31

Pats 28

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 21 2005, 02:49 PM)
Damn, it's time for my weekly prediction. I've been pretty close so far but I don't know about this week. I want the Steelers to win and I know they can win but it's hard to predict. I have to pick them though.

Steelers 31
Pats 28

I can totally understand you being loyal to your team but I feel Pats will bounce back...They are the champs and Coach Belichek will have them ready to avoid losing 2 in a row... I will agree that it will be a close game....

Pats 20 Steelers 17

QUOTE (war2112 @ Sep 20 2005, 01:08 AM)
Colts fan here.

I mean, this guy Willie Parker seemingly comes out of nowhere to run over opposing defenses while the Steelers defense stifles their opponents.

I know, I know, it's still early. Nevertheless, I think the Colts and Steelers look to be the cream of the crop in the AFC. That's no slight against the Pats as I think they are always dangerous.

Fast Willie did seem to come out of nowhere (if your not from the Burgh) i see him as a starter the rest of the year. He maynot be as strong as the bus, but who really is, but man does Parker have the speed. I read somewhere, that only one person ever beat him in a foot race, and that was the guy 2 weeks ago that caught up to him and knocked him out of bounds.

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Sep 21 2005, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (war2112 @ Sep 20 2005, 01:08 AM)
Colts fan here.

Fast Willie did seem to come out of nowhere (if your not from the Burgh) i see him as a starter the rest of the year. He maynot be as strong as the bus, but who really is, but man does Parker have the speed. I read somewhere, that only one person ever beat him in a foot race, and that was the guy 2 weeks ago that caught up to him and knocked him out of bounds.

I also heard that he is the fastest Steeler of all time, Offense & Defense, ever.

Not that the Steelers were always known as a speed team but they've been around over 70 years and they have had a lot of top athletes on their team so to be their fastest player ever is a nice thing. I would like to see him platoon with Bettis once Bettis gets healthy.

I would like to see them used how the Bengals utilized Icky Woods and James Brooks. That was a pretty good running team back then.

I predict the Bengals to be the surprize team this year and go to the playoffs for the first time in 15 years.

Edited by Indica

'Burgh V.S. Pats. im gonna say this and gonna get ratted on for it, but i hope the Steelers lose home field advantage, and play the Pats are their house and beat them and the Steelers go to the super bowl. Just a wish, dont think its gonna happen, but man that would be sweet b/c the Pats have always had the Steelers number when it came to the Playoffs, and im hopeing that the Steelers will beat the Pat in the playoffs so the Pats can go home crying.

Steelers 31
Pats 28

This is certainly the game of the week in the AFC.

The schedulers had it right when they drew this one up.

There is so much on the line in this one. For the Steelers, retribution, bragging rights, and 3-0. For the Pats, just about everything as they would go to 1-2 and the road just gets tougher.

I would say that your score prediction is pretty good. I think it will be lower scoring but I think your spread is accurate. This will be a good gane and I hope it doesn't conflict with me watching the Colts as I want to see it.

QUOTE (war2112 @ Sep 23 2005, 04:58 AM)

Steelers 31
Pats 28

This is certainly the game of the week in the AFC.

The schedulers had it right when they drew this one up.

There is so much on the line in this one. For the Steelers, retribution, bragging rights, and 3-0. For the Pats, just about everything as they would go to 1-2 and the road just gets tougher.

I would say that your score prediction is pretty good. I think it will be lower scoring but I think your spread is accurate. This will be a good gane and I hope it doesn't conflict with me watching the Colts as I want to see it.

You should be alright since the Colts are on at 1pm EST and theres only three 4pm games.

Arizona at Seattle

Dallas at San Francisco

New England at Pittsburgh

I'm guessing at least half the country will be seeing the Steelers/Pats game. I'M GETTING PUMPED UP ALREADY!!

The Colts should be able to handle the Browns but you know how the NFL is, you never know what's in store week to week, that's why I love football so much!!! Sometimes the weaker teams put up a better fight than the top teams. 1022.gif

It's hard not to be nervous when you're team is playing the champs 3 of the last 4 years. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 21 2005, 11:49 AM)

Steelers 31
Pats 28

Steelers:13

Pats:10

14:19 4th Quarter unsure.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 21 2005, 05:53 PM)

Steelers 31
Pats 28

I can totally understand you being loyal to your team but I feel Pats will bounce back...They are the champs and Coach Belichek will have them ready to avoid losing 2 in a row... I will agree that it will be a close game....

Pats 20 Steelers 17

Damn!

You came super close to nailing the final score.

You and Indica both had the spread right.

This was a very good game as I think we all thought it would be.

Ouch I bet Antwan Feels like a Fool today. What was he thinking!!!! They had a first down inside the 10 Willie would have punched it in. Then Reed nails a 47 yarder and they got a holding call and he missed the next one since it was 52 yards. That was 2 bad screw ups. sad.gif

It was a close game though as I expected.

Story here

Clock error added 52 seconds to Steelers-Pats game

ESPN.com news services

Tom Brady, among the league's best in late-game drives, led the Patriots down field for the winning score against the Steelers in 1:21 on Sunday.

But could he have done it in 29 seconds?

The NFL confirmed Monday that the game clock was improperly set early in the fourth quarter, adding 52 seconds to the game.

The error occurred at the beginning of the fourth quarter. With 14:51 remaining, Steelers receiver Cedric Wilson ran a reverse and was held to no gain; the play ran the clock down to 13:59.

A false start was called on Steelers guard Kendall Simmons on the next play, but instead of resetting the clock to 13:59, the clock operator set it back to 14:51 -- the time before Wilson's running play began. No one noticed the error, including the officiating crew.

Mike Pereira, the NFL's senior director of officiating, spoke to coaches Bill Cowher and Bill Belichick about the error on Monday and addressed it in a prepared statement.

"The on-field officiating crew, which oversees the official game clock operated in the press box, failed to recognize that the clock was improperly reset," he said.

According to former NFL official Chuck Heberling, who observes the officials in a league-appointed capacity, an NFL employee in New York spotted the error and immediately called officials supervisor Johnny Grier. Grier was sitting with Heberling in the press box.

"We checked it out with the statisticians and, according to his records, everything seemed to be all right," Heberling said. As a result, no move was made to try to correct the error.

The mistake showed up when the officiating crew, headed by referee Bill Carollo, reviewed the CBS game tape with Grier and Heberling during their usual post-game meeting in a Pittsburgh hotel.

"When we ran the tape, it was obvious it [the clock] was jumping," Heberling said.

The clock operators -- there are two, one for the game clock and the other for the play clock -- are locally-based but hired by the league. The Steelers did not identify them, and they are not listed with the other officials on the league's statistical report.

"It's a very unusual thing," Heberling said.

With those extra 52 seconds in place, the Steelers rallied to tie the game 20-20 on Ben Roethlisberger's 4-yard TD pass to Hines Ward with 1:21 remaining.

But that was enough time for Brady to lead the Patriots into position for Adam Vinatieri, the league's best clutch kicker, to make a 43-yard field goal with one second remaining to beat the Steelers 23-20 at Heinz Field.

Steelers president Dan Rooney was unaware of the mistake until being alerted Monday by reporters.

"There's nothing to say. The game's over," Rooney said. "It's not going to change the score."

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 26 2005, 05:11 PM)
Ouch I bet Antwan Feels like a Fool today. What was he thinking!!!! They had a first down inside the 10 Willie would have punched it in. Then Reed nails a 47 yarder and they got a holding call and he missed the next one since it was 52 yards. That was 2 bad screw ups. sad.gif

It was a close game though as I expected.

Yeah, you're right about Atwan. I couldn't believe he did that. I mean, maybe if Hines Ward indicated he was ready for a lateral, but I think Ward was simply trying to provide blocking. Like you said, don't do that when you have a ground game like the Steelers do. It's nearly certain they would have got a TD with four tries from there.

I bet he got an earful from Cowher after the game. I was kinda' surprised Cowher didn't light into him on the sideline. You know he was burning up about that. A game between two teams like the Pats-Steelers is all about turnovers; you just can't afford to do that.