Far Cry doesn't 'fit'?!?

EmotionDetector

I'm glad I'm one of the few and the proud.

ALL of my female friends look like this when I talk about Rush:

unsure.gif

Their loss.

That's a pretty ridiculous position for the station to take, but whatevah. confused13.gif

My wife absolutely LOVES Rush! She even went to see them by herself when my band had a show and I couldn't go. She ended up getting really good seats because she only had to buy one ticket. I am very fortunate to have a counterpart that truly loves 2.gif !

Absolutely...my girlfriend also likes Rush!

While she is not a 'hardcore fan' like me, she does really like them...and I often find her singing along in the car! laugh.gif

She came to the R30 tour with me...and really enjoyed it. She was amazed at how great they sounded live!

I love hearing of women who love Rush!! Very cool! 1022.gif

While there certainly are numerous exceptions to what I'm about to say, I think an observation is warranted here. When I saw Rush back in '02 at MSG, I couldn't help but notice (while standing near the ticket counter) that the overwhelming majority of people there were white males. I am certainly not saying that this is an absolute, but when you see them this tour, look around and see if you notice the same.

Funny sidenote: At that same show, still near the ticket counter, a girl did walk in and someone near me audibly noted "Look! A girl!" I've never felt like such a geek. Even though I wasn't with him, I still felt like that.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Mar 30 2007, 11:12 AM)
While there certainly are numerous exceptions to what I'm about to say, I think an observation is warranted here. When I saw Rush back in '02 at MSG, I couldn't help but notice (while standing near the ticket counter) that the overwhelming majority of people there were white males. I am certainly not saying that this is an absolute, but when you see them this tour, look around and see if you notice the same.

Funny sidenote: At that same show, still near the ticket counter, a girl did walk in and someone near me audibly noted "Look! A girl!" I've never felt like such a geek. Even though I wasn't with him, I still felt like that.

I've said this several times...but every show I went to during R30, the same thing happened...

I heard a male standing near me say to another male: "Look! She knows the lyrics! ohmy.gif"

rofl3.gif

Well Rush do certainly attract more males than most bands.

Not in my case though....

In October 2002, I was fed up that Rush wasnt again going to tour the UK.

So me and a buddy decided to book a flight and attend the MSG show in NYC.

The following night we went to L'amours in Brooklyn to see Thin Lizzy.

We proped up the bar for a while, until I notice a girl sit at the bar and ask for a candle to enable her to read her book.

She was pretty and had a Rush shirt on and was reading "Ghost Rider"

Not being very foward I decided not to approach her, but told my friend "there's a girl over there in a Rush shirt reading ghost rider!"

"Alright!" he said and went over and started a conversation about Rush.

Turned out she had been a fan since 1981.

Later her best friend joined us, another fan from years back we got on well almost immediatley so much so that I emmigrated in late 2003 and we were married in early 2004.

This Summer we will all be attending out second Rush tour.

In regards to this: I have yet to meet (in person) a fellow female Rush fan. The girls that I have introduced to Rush don't count, because for some reason, they just don't get into it. They just say, "Oh, this is nice... Let's go back to listening to [insert pop-ish, fluff band name here]."

I don't understand why I can't find women who truly appreciate Rush!

Both me and my best friend love Rush. We can spend hours together listening to them, talking about them, looking at their pictures, and watching the dvds. wub.gif We never get tired of it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (darth by tor @ Mar 30 2007, 06:17 PM)

We proped up the bar for a while, until I notice a girl sit at the bar and ask for a candle to enable her to read her book.
Not  being very foward I decided not to  approach her, but told my friend "there's a girl over there in a Rush shirt reading ghost rider!"
"Alright!" he said and went over  and started a conversation about Rush.
Later her best friend joined us, another fan from years back we got on well almost immediatley so much so that I emmigrated in late 2003 and we were married in early 2004.

Oh my God!!!!!

I was already at "What a story!" when I got to the bit where you flew to NY for the show.

I was "Nice one geez" when 'her best friend joined us', but emigraiton, marriage!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif !!!!!!

Disco

Edit: PS....I mean talk about grabbing life by the horns, thinking about it you must have had a fairly sorted life in Blighty to have been able to drop what must have been half a bag of sand to go to New York.

QUOTE (darth by tor @ Mar 30 2007, 10:17 AM)

Not  being very foward I decided not to  approach her, but told my friend "there's a girl over there in a Rush shirt reading ghost rider!"
"Alright!" he said and went over  and started a conversation about Rush.

Nice story!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (darth by tor @ Mar 31 2007, 01:17 AM)

Not being very foward I decided not to approach her, but told my friend "there's a girl over there in a Rush shirt reading ghost rider!"
"Alright!" he said and went over and started a conversation about Rush.

Another example of Rush's power.

Nice story smile.gif

As a female Rush worshipper, I can say that I upstaged everyone around me at the R30 show with my knowledge on the band. Everyone meaning all the men around me! haha. It was awesome biggrin.gif

While I would love to see more female Rush fans in general, I still get a little gigle during the intermission of the show when I can walk right into the ladies room, no problem, while there is a line out the men's room laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Mar 30 2007, 11:40 AM)
Women who like Rush are the sexiest women in the world.

Why, thank you. biggrin.gif

When I first starting going to Rush concerts around the time of 2112 I was actually the only female at some shows. Gradually over the last 15 years or so I've seen more females at shows. It just amazes me that more women don't like them. I have never had a female fan or male for that matter that likes Rush like I do. I was pretty glad when I joined this forum and saw a lot of female fans. 2.gif ROCKS

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 30 2007, 02:15 PM)

When I first starting going to Rush concerts around the time of 2112 I was actually the only female at some shows.  Gradually over the last 15 years or so I've seen more females at shows.  It just amazes me that more women don't  like them.  I have never had a female fan or male for that matter that likes Rush like I do.  I was pretty  glad when I joined this forum and saw a lot of female fans.    2.gif ROCKS

Glad to have you here...but I can barely read your post! Maybe it's time for new contact lenses...

old.gif

wink.gif

It's more true than stereotype. Every woman in my immediate circle of friends and family not only doesn't love Rush...not only do they not like Rush...they all actually LOATHE them.

My wife literally thinks he's the worst singer on the planet.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 30 2007, 02:22 PM)
It's more true than stereotype. Every woman in my immediate circle of friends and family not only doesn't love Rush...not only do they not like Rush...they all actually LOATHE them.

My wife literally thinks he's the worst singer on the planet.

eh.gif b_sigh.gif

I just don't get it. I really don't.

My mom is a female and she's in her late 60's. She loves Rush but only the soft songs. She doesn't like the real heavy ones though.

Archived