OUT OF THE CRADLE

Rushman14

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Mar 14 2008, 05:16 PM)
Well my least favorite is the much-praised Secret Touch. However, Out Of The Cradle is my 3rd least favorite on VT... I generally skip Secret Touch, Freeze, and Out Of The Cradle. Rest of VT though 1022.gif

haha those just might be my 3 favorites on VT

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay. ilove this song. it took me awhile to 'get' but when i did i was blown away. gives me chills, in a sort of, electric way. leaset favourite song is ghost rider, other than that , it's my fave album, after all!

but avaliable light is the best album closer ever.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 21 2007, 03:53 PM)
Although I agree with what Neil was trying to say, I think "The Stars Look Down" is the weakest VT track.

goodpost.gif

Love Out of the Cradle by the way.

Edited by pt2112

For me Out Of The Cradle is the weakest song on Vapor Trails just as Carve Away The Stone is the weakest song on Test For Echo. Did Rush see it that way? I doubt it! Finishing an album with the weakest song is a sure fire way to get bad reviews, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the listener and is much more likely to leave them a negative state of mind about the record.

That said I do enjoy both Out Of The Cradle and Carve Away The Stone I just think they're clear weak links on their respective albums.

I feel that it is a very strong closer and contains high energy throughout the song, especially in the end when they're all jammin their brains out. Awesome bass and drum fills also. I would vote "Stars look Down" as the weakest song on the album.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 15 2008, 02:02 PM)
For me Out Of The Cradle is the weakest song on Vapor Trails just as Carve Away The Stone is the weakest song on Test For Echo. Did Rush see it that way? I doubt it! Finishing an album with the weakest song is a sure fire way to get bad reviews, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the listener and is much more likely to leave them a negative state of mind about the record.

That said I do enjoy both Out Of The Cradle and Carve Away The Stone I just think they're clear weak links on their respective albums.

I enjoy Out of the cradle, but Carve away the stone is another story.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 21 2007, 12:52 PM)
Much to my surprise, many people have listed "Out Of The Cradle" as they're least favorite of Vapor Trails. I'm a bit shocked as it is tied with Secret Touch as my favorite, especially the end fadout section when Neil is going off with those killer drum fills. It's a great album closer and makes the hair on the back of neck stand up.

Speak up "Out Of The Cradle" fans! 1022.gif

Right on dude! I was just talking to my friend today about this song and the part you mentioned. It's not just Neil either. Geddy's bass line is just sick! Whoever doesn't like this song don't know what they're talking about. "weak song," my ass! Don't comment on this site if you're that ignorant.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Mar 16 2008, 05:27 AM)
Right on dude! I was just talking to my friend today about this song and the part you mentioned. It's not just Neil either. Geddy's bass line is just sick! Whoever doesn't like this song don't know what they're talking about. "weak song," my ass! Don't comment on this site if you're that ignorant.

Perhaps you should practice what you preach.

Telling someone not to post on this site because they make a statement you disagree with could in turn be construed as ignorant don't you think?

I on the other hand am NOT going to tell you not to post as it doesn't upset me in the slightest if you hold differing views.

Have a nice day wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 16 2008, 03:27 AM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Mar 16 2008, 05:27 AM)
Right on dude!  I was just talking to my friend today about this song and the part you mentioned.  It's not just Neil either.  Geddy's bass line is just sick!  Whoever doesn't like this song don't know what they're talking about.  "weak song," my ass!  Don't comment on this site if you're that ignorant.

Perhaps you should practice what you preach.

Telling someone not to post on this site because they make a statement you disagree with could in turn be construed as ignorant don't you think?

I on the other hand am NOT going to tell you not to post as it doesn't upset me in the slightest if you hold differing views.

Have a nice day wink.gif

goodpost.gif

Out of the Cradle is great!!

And as Fridgey knows full well IT'S METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact it's a MOTHERFOKKINGSUMBITCHING METALORAMA TOUR DE FREAK!!

In fact it could be the most METAL thing I've ever heard!!

Try disagreeing with me on that Mr Fridgey Dare...

ohmy.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 16 2008, 09:43 AM)
Out of the Cradle is great!!

And as Fridgey knows full well IT'S METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact it's a MOTHERFOKKINGSUMBITCHING METALORAMA TOUR DE FREAK!!

In fact it could be the most METAL thing I've ever heard!!

Try disagreeing with me on that Mr Fridgey Dare...

ohmy.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

Dear Mr Turd-Ducken (geddit? laugh.gif )

If Out of The Cradle is metal then the Pope is a Protestant yes.gif

Anyway, go f**k yourself for not agreeing with me angry.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 16 2008, 10:08 AM)
It's metal and you know it!!!

fists crying.gif

I'll get even for this!

angry.gif

Expect your special scotch stash to mysteriously go missing in the near future...

wink.gif

Expect barbequed Duck a L'Orange if this happens angry.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 16 2008, 05:32 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 16 2008, 10:08 AM)
It's metal and you know it!!!

fists crying.gif

I'll get even for this!

angry.gif

Expect your special scotch stash to mysteriously go missing in the near future...

wink.gif

Expect barbequed Duck a L'Orange if this happens angry.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Duck and Fridge, y'all crack me up with your brotherly sniping. smile.gif

Seeing as how both my wife and I have used lines from "Out of the Cradle" to derive our nicknames (hers is RockTheCradle), I think it's safe to say we like it. It's a perfect closer and isn't the weakest track on the album - I lean toward "How It Is" for that distinction.

For a while, I was swayed by some of the arguments here that "Vapor Trails" was a weak effort overall, but in recent listens, I've come out of that perspective.

I'm solidly with the camp who says we should be grateful "Vapor Trails" happened, because the band might not still be together if Neil hadn't chosen to move forward and ultimately help craft this album.

Way more than half of this album has solid songs on it, so that in and of itself shows it is not a weak effort.

"Out of the Cradle" possesses an energy and drive which leaves a listener wanting and expecting more on the next effort. That's a perfect closing song.

My least favorite on the album is "The Stars Look Down." I agree with the sentiment of the lyrics, but the song doesn't go anywhere for me; it's short, mid-tempo, and just sits there.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 16 2008, 02:38 PM)
My least favorite on the album is "The Stars Look Down." I agree with the sentiment of the lyrics, but the song doesn't go anywhere for me; it's short, mid-tempo, and just sits there.

I like this song, but it would definitely be my lease favorite as well. It is too much "goatee rock"

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 16 2008, 05:32 PM)
I like this song and UNFORTUNATELY I have some skippin' going on on my disc. comp26.gif No, I like this song. Freeze is probably my least favorite. I at least like every song on VT and either really like or love most of them....

Freeze is among my favorites on VT. And if you don't like it you're not a true Rush fan. angry.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 16 2008, 09:38 PM)
I like this song and UNFORTUNATELY I have some skippin' going on on my disc.  comp26.gif  No, I like this song.  Freeze is probably my least favorite.  I at least like every song on VT and either really like or love most of them....

Freeze is among my favorites on VT. And if you don't like it you're not a true Rush fan. angry.gif

wink.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

It's one of the most embarrassingle ill-conceived tracks i have ever had the misfortune to hear.

Serious malfunction in the Quality Control department there I think yes.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 16 2008, 04:38 PM)
I like this song and UNFORTUNATELY I have some skippin' going on on my disc.  comp26.gif  No, I like this song.  Freeze is probably my least favorite.  I at least like every song on VT and either really like or love most of them....

wink.gif

goodpost.gif

If you read Ghost Rider (the book), you'll get a better appreciation for the lyrics. It talks about Neil's inner "selves". I also think it has something to do with them getting older and they just keep on rockin'. I love it!