Hey Beavis & Butthead! WINGER ROCKED LAST NIGHT!!

RUSHHEAD666

I figure I might get a lot of shit on here for this one but since most of you on here have an open mind and love quailty musicianship over the quantity of crap out there in the Music World I figured that I would type about my Winger experience last night.

I know back in the Eighties they were shunned for their cheesy commercial mainstream chick rock appeal but hey even as a RUSHHEAD I like them.

I am not ashamed to say that. As a matter of fact the original members are touring right now and I saw them last night in a cool small night club. They are better with age if you ask me.

Come on. Kip Winger played the bass, the 12 string quitar, the keyboards and his voice sounded great.

Let's not forget who was on the quitar. REB BEACH. This guy can shred with the best of them. I hope some of you cats will agree. If not then I guess I am on my own planet. Reb Beach tore it up last night. The dude was in Dokken for awhile after the great George Lynch left. Reb is also employed by Whitesnake. I have seen him play in all three of these bands and he is an incredible guitarist. The cool thing was last night when they were packing up his gear he had "WHITESNAKE" stamped in big white letters all over his amps and stuff.

Now of course the best is for last on this thread.

In my opinion and being a drummer myself, there is no doubt and I will challenge anyone on here who tries to prove me wrong.

ROD MORGENSTEIN was on the drums!!!

Holy shit man! As all of you know he is also in the Dixie Dregs with the great Steve Morse. They just did a small tour too on the west coast.

Anyway if you haven't seen Rod play the drums then you are missing something special.

He can give any drummer on the earth a run for his or her money. Even Neil!! Yep!!

You should see this guy's drum solo. Holy Toledo! What a whirlwind. This dude is all over a cowbell while playing a drum beat and hitting toms and cymbals all at the same time. ohmy.gif

Oh yeah and if you think Neil's crossovers are impressive, you should see Rod do it on toms and on the cymbals. Faster than Neil that's for sure.

Winger took these Eighties Hits and turned them into raw hard rock jams with a touch of fusion.

AWESOME!!

What more can I say??

RIP AWAY!!!

HAHAHAHA!

Kidding!

Winger is the REAL DEAL!

Earl

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Good one dude.

I'm glad I was alive in the Eighties!!

"Every Rose Has It's Thorn!" tongue.gif

At least you are a young drummer dude.

Forget the music.

I must suggest you check out Rod Morgenstein at least.

Go listen to some Dixie Dregs and The Dregs. The Steve Morse Band is great too.

The Dregs stuff is progressive instrumental fusion with a country overtone.

You might hate it.

Come on now. You got me into The Decemberists. Check out the drumming of Rod.

Earl

• Like 1

I figure I might get a lot of shit on here for this one but since most of you on here have an open mind and love quailty musicianship over the quantity of crap out there in the Music World I figured that I would type about my Winger experience last night.

I know back in the Eighties they were shunned for their cheesy commercial mainstream chick rock appeal but hey even as a RUSHHEAD I like them.

I am not ashamed to say that. As a matter of fact the original members are touring right now and I saw them last night in a cool small night club. They are better with age if you ask me.

Come on. Kip Winger played the bass, the 12 string quitar, the keyboards and his voice sounded great.

Let's not forget who was on the quitar. REB BEACH. This guy can shred with the best of them. I hope some of you cats will agree. If not then I guess I am on my own planet. Reb Beach tore it up last night. The dude was in Dokken for awhile after the great George Lynch left. Reb is also employed by Whitesnake. I have seen him play in all three of these bands and he is an incredible guitarist. The cool thing was last night when they were packing up his gear he had "WHITESNAKE" stamped in big white letters all over his amps and stuff.

Now of course the best is for last on this thread.

In my opinion and being a drummer myself, there is no doubt and I will challenge anyone on here who tries to prove me wrong.

ROD MORGENSTEIN was on the drums!!!

Holy shit man! As all of you know he is also in the Dixie Dregs with the great Steve Morse. They just did a small tour too on the west coast.

Anyway if you haven't seen Rod play the drums then you are missing something special.

He can give any drummer on the earth a run for his or her money. Even Neil!! Yep!!

You should see this guy's drum solo. Holy Toledo! What a whirlwind. This dude is all over a cowbell while playing a drum beat and hitting toms and cymbals all at the same time. ohmy.gif

Oh yeah and if you think Neil's crossovers are impressive, you should see Rod do it on toms and on the cymbals. Faster than Neil that's for sure.

Winger took these Eighties Hits and turned them into raw hard rock jams with a touch of fusion.

AWESOME!!

What more can I say??

RIP AWAY!!!

HAHAHAHA!

Kidding!

Winger is the REAL DEAL!

Earl

Beach and Morgenstein are badass! And Dr Morgenstein buried his bodies on a Beach didn't he? So they have HORROR credibility too! :blaze: :guitar:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Good one dude.

I'm glad I was alive in the Eighties!!

"Every Rose Has It's Thorn!" tongue.gif

At least you are a young drummer dude.

Forget the music.

I must suggest you check out Rod Morgenstein at least.

Go listen to some Dixie Dregs and The Dregs. The Steve Morse Band is great too.

The Dregs stuff is progressive instrumental fusion with a country overtone.

You might hate it.

Come on now. You got me into The Decemberists. Check out the drumming of Rod.

Earl

How do you like the ROCK CANDY Winger editions Earl?

On 4/6/2023 at 11:25 PM, Rod in Toronto said:

Resurrecting this necro-thread to say that I interviewed Kip Winger today.

Thats kinda cool.  I saw Winger back in the 80's at their peak of success.  They and Slaughter opened for Kiss.  Slaughter was better than I anticipated and very good.  Winger was very, very good (and also better than I anticipated).  Kiss was excellent.  A really enjoyable concert.  I am not a huge fan of those 3 groups but, to the extent I bought any of their records, it was because of this show.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2023 at 2:03 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Wow, it’s been over a year since Earl logged in.

profile says he liked posts in July. TRF Resurrection 3 happened just about a year ago so that was probably around the time things got screwy, which is probably why it says he hasnt been on since Feb. Still, it's been a while since July, I miss him too, very charismatic

• Like 2