SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD - May 1st

sundog

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 15 2007, 05:07 PM)
Dare I say it, but I'm starting to feel the merest smidgeon of excitement
I really hope that production wise, the clip was representative of the whole album
It's a bit early to be breaking out the champagne just yet, but so far so good....

As long as you keep your homosexual activities to a minimum Fridge, everything will be ok...

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 15 2007, 05:17 PM)
I really hope that production wise, the clip was representative of the whole album
It's a bit early to be breaking out the champagne just yet, but so far so good....

As long as you keep your homosexual activities to a minimum Fridge, everything will be ok...

ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif My God, Duck, I don't think anyone on this forum can match your amazing, weird brand of humor. rofl3.gif tempted.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 15 2007, 11:17 PM)

ph34r.gif

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 15 2007, 05:29 PM)

ph34r.gif

confused13.gif

Don't try to look innocent...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 15 2007, 11:31 PM)

ph34r.gif

confused13.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hmmm....

I think you're flirting with me you big tease wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 15 2007, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 15 2007, 11:31 PM)

ph34r.gif

confused13.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hmmm....

I think you're flirting with me you big tease wink.gif

cheeky...

ohmy.gif wacko.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 15 2007, 02:17 PM)

ph34r.gif

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/icon_hmm.gif

Hmmm, sounds like classic projection to me. yes.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (o baterista @ Feb 14 2007, 09:50 PM)
It reminded me of the song A Farewell To Kings too.

Maybe Geddy is playing keyboards or his bass notes are same tenor as the drum  ????

end of  clip sounds like  jacobs only higher in pitch?

but is like the  sound.......of long ago 1022.gif  1022.gif  653.gif

oh more like 11 secs....accding to cronus applaudit.gif

It reminded me of the song A Farewell To Kings.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 15 2007, 05:38 PM)

ph34r.gif

tongue.gif

Well you'd recognise it of course seeing it in yourself all the time and in fact would project projecting onto innocent ducks...

yes.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 14 2007, 10:09 PM)
Come to think of it, it does sound like that part of A Farewell to Kings.

That's what I think too!! Everyone who doubts it should go back and listen to AFTK again. That clip has me pumped up for the new cd.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 15 2007, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 15 2007, 05:38 PM)

ph34r.gif

tongue.gif

Well you'd recognise it of course seeing it in yourself all the time and in fact would project projecting onto innocent ducks...

yes.gif

wacko.gif

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/headshot.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 14 2007, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 14 2007, 05:24 PM)
If this accurately reflects the album it is going to be (ironically) the answer to many prayers.

TELL ME ABOUT IT! 1022.gif

Yep, sounds like late 70's to me. I am extremely happy with that.

Rush Returns With "SNAKES & ARROWS"; Rock Legends' First All New Album in Five Years Set to Arrive in Stores on May 1st; "Far Cry" to Impact Radio in March; North American Tour Slated for Summer

Thursday February 15, 10:37 am ET

NEW YORK, NY--(MARKET WIRE)--Feb 15, 2007 -- Anthem/Atlantic recording group Rush has unveiled details of its upcoming new album, entitled "SNAKES & ARROWS." The renowned rock trio's first new collection of original material in nearly five years, the album will be released on May 1st.

"SNAKES & ARROWS" was recorded in the fall of 2006 with Grammy Award-winner Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver) and Rush co-producing. The album's first single, "Far Cry," will impact at rock radio outlets nationwide in mid-March.

Rush -- Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart -- will trumpet the release of "SNAKES & ARROWS" with a full-scale North American tour, the band's first since 2004's "An Evening with Rush: 30th Anniversary Tour." Further details about this summer's tour dates will be announced in the coming weeks.

Since releasing its self-titled debut album in 1974, Rush has been universally regarded as one of the most inventive and exciting groups in rock, famed for Lee, Lifeson, and Peart's virtuoso musicianship, epic soundscapes, and dramatic lyricism. The band's extraordinary body of work -- which includes such acclaimed works as 1976's "2112," 1981's "MOVING PICTURES," 1996's "TEST FOR ECHO," and 2002's "VAPOR TRAILS" -- has achieved worldwide sales exceeding 35 million units.

QUOTE (cBolte @ Feb 14 2007, 06:56 PM)
Perennial Lurker chiming in.

Great News, Great clip.

The production sounds bell like in clarity. I hope the whole CD sounds this good.

Staccato punches sound distinctly 2112 or Jacobs Ladder, That last chord is eeerily Hemispheres. I think they are trying to tell us something with this clip.

Rather clever pattern as well:

I III I I III I I I III I III I I III I~~~~~

So that's:

One/Three Two/Three Three/Three One/Three Two/Three One~~~~

I think I've found the next clue to the DaVinci code!

May 1st will be a  2.gif  day!

excellent post

Why is the clip no longer available on rush.com? In fact there's no mention of a clip that I can find. Didn't get the e-mail either, though I'm signed up.

Hmmmm....

I'm sensing a nanny nanny boo boo of the very highest order here.

Ok, here's the opening venue spoiler. I also posted this in another thread...

I was listening to the BuzzSaw channel on SIRIUS sat. radio today, and the DJ said they will open in Tennessee. I thought he said Knoxville, but not absolutely sure of the city.

I know he said Tennessee though. Sorry, but I was busy at the time and wasn't listening as close as I should have been.

So, the fine state of Tennessee it is! 1022.gif

Archived