Munsters vs. Addams Family

lerxt1990

Which did you prefer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which did you prefer?

• Munsters
    • Addams Family

Addam's Family was my fave of the two. It was more "original" and didn't borrow from already made monsters.

But the Munsters was funny too and had good one-liners:

Woman: that is an interesting stone you are wearing, what kind is it?

Lily: tombstone

(hahahahahahahahaha)

Lily: Eddie, Spot got loose again. Could you go find him before he eats somebody?

(hahahahahahahahaha)

Lily (regarding her "departed" family): "oh no, they're still around they're just dead".

By far, The Addams Family. It was my favorite show as a kid. I'm a fan of the Munsters too, and loved watching it.

The trains. I think it was the trains.

I think Herman and Lily were actually the first TV couple to be seen in the same bed. I could be wrong about that since Darrin and Samantha were seen in the same bed as well and "Bewitched" also premiered in 1964

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 14 2007, 12:37 PM)
I think Herman and Lily were actually the first TV couple to be seen in the same bed. I could be wrong about that since Darrin and Samantha were seen in the same bed as well and "Bewitched" also premiered in 1964

This is a trivia question somewhere and the answer that popped up was BEWITCHED.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 13 2007, 07:56 PM)
I think I'd have to go with The Munsters too...

Herman is cooler than Lurch...

Grandpa is funnier than uncle Fester

Gomez was too slick...

And so on...

goodpost.gif

I'd have to go with 'The Addams Family' on this one. 'The Munsters' was a ripoff, and the jokes on that show just weren't as good.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 16 2007, 05:47 PM)
I'd have to go with 'The Addams Family' on this one. 'The Munsters' was a ripoff, and the jokes on that show just weren't as good.

How do you know it's a rip-off Jack? Not only did they both come out in 1964 they premiered the same week...I think there might have been 6 days in it or something. The Addams Family itself was a comic so in that sense I suppose it came first but the shows...I don't know...

It was clear though who was the tallest between Herman Munster and Lurch, Lurch - Ted Cassidy was 6'9 while Fred Gwynne was a comparitively stumpy 6'5.

Edited by treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 16 2007, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 16 2007, 05:47 PM)

How do you know it's a rip-off Jack? Not only did they both come out in 1964 they premiered the same week...I think there might have been 6 days in it or something. The Addams Family itself was a comic so in that sense I suppose it came first but the shows...I don't know...

It was clear though who was the tallest between Herman Munster and Lurch, Lurch - Ted Cassidy was 6'9 while Fred Gwynne was a comparitively stumpy 6'5.

laugh.gif laugh.gif