How did you find this place?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find this place?

• Found link on another site
    • Did a search on google
    • Knew the admins personally
    • Referral from a friend
    • Other (please specify)

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Feb 23 2006, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 23 2006, 10:56 PM)
Man... do i wish i had internet when i was a kid and the only  2.gif  fan i knew.

It is wild to think about that Necro - me too. I had a group of three friends and we all liked Rush but outside of us 3, that was it... Internet then would have been very cool... "public internet" then, however, was limited to dial up local BBS systems... Wait until the next meetup at a show - that is when it is so fun after getting to know so many people on this forum...

And at Rushcon. biggrin.gif

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Feb 23 2006, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 23 2006, 10:56 PM)
Man... do i wish i had internet when i was a kid and the only  2.gif  fan i knew.

It is wild to think about that Necro - me too. I had a group of three friends and we all liked Rush but outside of us 3, that was it... Internet then would have been very cool... "public internet" then, however, was limited to dial up local BBS systems... Wait until the next meetup at a show - that is when it is so fun after getting to know so many people on this forum...

Can't wait. I didn't even know about Rushcons until I joined here. I would have been at all of them had I known. You were here at the Scranton show. I'm betting the majority of the 9000 people were NOT from Scranton. This town sucks as far as Rush is concerned. The DJ that introduced the show from ROCK 107 talked about RUSH like they cared. They barely ever play Rush and when they do, it's only Spirit of Radio or Tom Sawyer. If we had one decent radio staiton here, that concert would have been packed. It's a great place for shows. I so hope they come back again. The last two tours did horrible numbers for them.

Don't matter though, wherever they play around here, i'll be there. Hope to meet up with as many of you all as possible.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 24 2004, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (slacker @ Nov 24 2004, 12:56 AM)
i found this forum by seaching all things  2.gif ..i thought there was something wrong with me because of my addiction to  2.gif ...coming across this site ,i don"t feel alpne anymore wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

pokey.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Feb 23 2006, 11:30 PM)
I woke up here after a night of heavy drinking.

Ran into Delilah's sparkly gold-clad hot signature chick before she disappeared and never left.

Not sure if this is true or not, but I'm stickin' to it.

So YOU'RE the reason DELILAH left aren't you Geds? You prolly JOEY'd her and she left screaming. DAMN YOU GEDS... DAMN YOU. angry.gif

Sometimes i wonder... just briefly... but why all these efforts being spent on finding hilda? Did you ever SEE DELILAH??? wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif She would keep my flame burning white hot as goobs would say. tongue.gif

okay... enough being a pig. i've been awake all night. don't kill me. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 25 2006, 04:42 AM)

Ran into Delilah's sparkly gold-clad hot signature chick before she disappeared and never left.

So YOU'RE the reason DELILAH left aren't you Geds? You prolly JOEY'd her and she left screaming. DAMN YOU GEDS... DAMN YOU. angry.gif

Sometimes i wonder... just briefly... but why all these efforts being spent on finding hilda? Did you ever SEE DELILAH??? wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif She would keep my flame burning white hot as goobs would say. tongue.gif

You actually have the wrong idea, there, Necro...

When I first showed up, I didn't know HOW to look at a person's profile picture...

Delilah had a cartoon chick in her SIGLINE that was hott....and I posted right after her with the arrows pointing to her SIG, saying SHE was hott.

Maybe she thought I WAS talking about her, like you did! unsure.gif

It wasn't until later that I went back and noticed her profile pic.

But by then, she was gone... sad.gif

So I don't know how she was doin'. sad.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Feb 25 2006, 08:26 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 25 2006, 04:42 AM)

You actually have the wrong idea, there, Necro...

When I first showed up, I didn't know HOW to look at a person's profile picture...

Delilah had a cartoon chick in her SIGLINE that was hott....and I posted right after her with the arrows pointing to her SIG, saying SHE was hott.

Maybe she thought I WAS talking about her, like you did! unsure.gif

It wasn't until later that I went back and noticed her profile pic.

But by then, she was gone... sad.gif

So I don't know how she was doin'. sad.gif

Yeah... i knew you meant her avatar. But then where would the jokes be if I stated that??? Plus it was four am when i posted. laugh.gif I do remember her avatar. Yeah... hot, but not as hot as her. There was this pic of her in her kitchen in her robe. OY VEY!!! tongue.gif

Like I said in the hilda thread... i bet around the release of the new cd... all the awol members will come back.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Feb 25 2006, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (gremlack @ Feb 25 2006, 01:11 PM)
referral.. you know the story.

No I don' t lets hear it tongue.gif

If I may help here. Now I'm not sure if this is the FULL story... but supposedly gremlack isn't even a RUSH fan, but he has a friend who is and this "friend" i guess is a real goof. So anyway... the "friend" told gremlak about this wonderful place and gremlak joined up even though he doesn't know the difference between Geddy Lee and Sarah Lee.

So then Gremlak went on a posting spree and achieved solar fed status in record time, while DUSTING his friend in the process. Along the way, grem was taken under the wing of many of the RD crew and has since found a home among other "crazy nutjobs", and may now even listen to a little bit of 2.gif it has been rumored. We're not totally positive WHO the goofy friend is that brought Grem into our ranks, but we all thank him for introducing us to grem and adding his zaniness to our ranks. As goofy as the "friend" is... he did a fine job as well.

So that's what i heard anyway. I've heard other things... but it's best I don't say. wink.gif

confused13.gif I'm pretty sure I found this link while surfing the net looking for a good Rush message board.....and the rest is history!! tongue.gif

Test came home for a visit last August. He said "Man you should really join The Rush Forum". Knowing his taste and judgement are excellent, I took his advice. I had been memebers of various forums for years and knew they could be lots of fun. I have been here ever since and couldn't be happier about it. I pretty much don't spend anytime on any of the other forums that I am a member at. TRF is now my addiction.

Thanks Test! trink39.gif

I have always been a rush fan and enjoyed their music since the 70's. TRF has made me an even bigger Rush fan.

2.gif

Archived