How did you find this place?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find this place?

• Found link on another site
    • Did a search on google
    • Knew the admins personally
    • Referral from a friend
    • Other (please specify)

My good friend Matt aka...Kazzman, showed me this site....when we first jamed together and formed our band. ThIS SITE ROCKS!!!!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A member named Jag2112 has a site called Cygnus-X1.net

I was visiting that site everyday to use the Image and Lyric databases and his random lyric on every page would physicaly know what song i was listening to sometimes unsure.gif

Anyways I clicked the Other Rush Links tab, and this site is listed first with the image thats at the top of every page. I thought it was a pretty cool image. I liked the ideas of the "roll the bones" forum, found the caption a rush pic thread, and immediatley signed up to post one.

I don't know why I stayed though.

Was looking for random Rush stuff (being a newly addicted fan).

Found this site, thought it looked interesting, but didn't sign up until I noticed that someone I knew from another forum was registered here. Then I thought, "Oh cool, a reference!" and signed up.

I really like it here, glad I joined.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Feb 23 2006, 10:10 AM)
I knew some of the admins and mods from another board and a meet up in Vegas. I came here shortly after "the incident."

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 23 2006, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Feb 23 2006, 10:10 AM)
I knew some of the admins and mods from another board and a meet up in Vegas. I came here shortly after "the incident."

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

Was searching for Rush on google, then I found this amazing place that has basically become my second home. Here's to all the good people on this board I am proud to call my friends. I hope some other people feel the same about me, but I wouldn't be so sure about that. laugh.gif

trink39.gif

Typed Rush+Forum into google.

Did a search on Google.

The "official" board - RushNet - was closed, then Tri-Net. I needed a new, active Rush message board to call home, and I didn't want to join Counterparts - I don't like it there.

So I found this place.

http://www.by-tor.com/

I was checking out some of the sites on that list and I liked this one the best, IIRC.

I did a google search for RANDOM IMAGE CAPTIONING sites and there was a link to here. Who's 2.gif anyway? ohmy.gif

laugh.gif Okay... that's bogus cuz i was here before the famous thread. tongue.gif After R30, my 2.gif addiction was at it's highest ever. I spent a lot of time reading anything new on them on the internet. I remember seeing about these forums on a google search, and could remember checking out one years ago on webtv. During the summer, I wanted to find out info about Alex's scrape with the law and that google search somehow led me here.

Man... do i wish i had internet when i was a kid and the only 2.gif fan i knew.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 23 2006, 10:56 PM)
Man... do i wish i had internet when i was a kid and the only 2.gif fan i knew.

It is wild to think about that Necro - me too. I had a group of three friends and we all liked Rush but outside of us 3, that was it... Internet then would have been very cool... "public internet" then, however, was limited to dial up local BBS systems... Wait until the next meetup at a show - that is when it is so fun after getting to know so many people on this forum...

Archived