If Rush miss your town or city next tour how far

treeduck

How far will you go for a 2007 Rush concert?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you go for a 2007 Rush concert?

• 1 The next town
    • 2 The next city
    • 3 The next state
    • 4 Right across the country
    • 5 The next country
    • 6 Whatchoo talkin about Willis? I'm going to em ALL
    • 7 I'm a veteran Rush bitch I'll do anything for the boys
    • 8 I won't go at all unless they come very near me
    • 9 I won't go at all unless I really like the new album
    • 10 I won't go at all because my name's Rushgoober

I had a talk like this with my younger brother just the other night. He and I drove 6 hours to Atlanta to see them on the VT tour and him, me and my sister drove 3 hours to Houston to see them on R30.

I will gladly drive as far as two states away to see them as this may be my last chance.

well...first...

i think they have YET to miss a detroit show...

so i'm set there...

but i would definately go to see them in toronto again...

the next state too.....Ohio.... Illinois...

but that would all depend if i could AFFORD it....

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Nov 16 2006, 05:13 PM)
Everyone always comes to Vegas so, no need to worry for me.

The question becomes will I drive to LA to see them again?

I would, but since I've never been to either place, I'd probably run there...

i've said it before, and i'll say it again..

my friend and i have agreed that there will be no distance to far, no price to great. we will be seeing rush on this tour no matter what

I live in Toronto, and am very much looking forward to my first Rush show. No WAY they would skip out on their hometown..... would they? unsure.gif

Ha! I think I've got everyone beat as far as distance is concerned. On Sept. 8 2002, I drove from Yellowknife NWT to Edmonton AB - 1500km, to see the VT show on Sept. 10th. It was totally worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Then, in August 2004, I flew from Yellowknife to T.O. to catch R30 at the Molson Amplitheatre. That was TOTALLY worth the trip because I got to go backstage and meet the boys.....well, Ged and Al anyways. It don't matter where the next show is, I'm going.

How ya'll doin' anyway?

Since I live in VT, it's pretty much guaranteed that I will need to leave the state to see them. Depending on my schedule, I'd probably go to Hartford, CT, Boston, MA, Manchester, NH or Albany, NY to see them, but there's no telling how many of those cities they'll play.

If they do Europe, I'll have to fly to the UK again because there's more chance of Neil doing a two hour signing session in the back of his bus before each gig than there is of Rush hitting Ireland.

On the other hand, if a TRF meet up with guaranteed good seats were to materialise in the US or Canada, then the kids' education fund may have to be raided.....

My hope is that they do another summer tour so I can see them again at Red Rocks..like 15 min. from my house. I think we should probably all try to see them however far we may need to travel as this very well could be the last tour. 1022.gif 653.gif

They automatically miss my city, because were Atlantic, and we suck, but, they usually play Toronto or Mouncton, right?

I'd go that far.

my mom says if they play Florida by August (will they be in the UK by then?) that she could get us tickets for us.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Nov 16 2006, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Nov 16 2006, 06:29 PM)
I live in Toronto, and am very much looking forward to my first Rush show. No WAY they would skip out on their hometown..... would they? unsure.gif

They have before.

Yup, you're right - it was on the Permanent Waves tour. But just realize that they skipped Toronto because they over-saturated Toronto with shows (4 shows in the span of 8 months). A trading buddy of mine was at the 9/2/79 show at Varsity Stadium and said that attendance was poor. Rush made up for it though with 3 shows at the Gardens during the MP tour.

I live in Bismarck, North Dakota, so I'd probably go to Minneapolis, or something like that. My parents may be willing to go to Winnipeg if they do that, but Rush may not be going there. If Rush go to Milwaukee even, I will beg them for weeks on end relentlessly until they say yes. If I have to sacrifice allowance for a year, so be it. I need my 2.gif, damn it!!!!

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 16 2006, 07:39 PM)
My hope is that they do another summer tour so I can see them again at Red Rocks..like 15 min. from my house. I think we should probably all try to see them however far we may need to travel as this very well could be the last tour. 1022.gif 653.gif

lucky....

red rocks is such a beautiful venue.....

Well, seeing as they are hardly likely to come anywhere near Aberdeen (which is still 50 miles from me), I would be prepared to travel pretty much anywhere in the Uk, though I generally hate going into cities as a rule....dirt, noise too many people.

If they don't come to the UK (which is a distinct possibility) then if I thought it was their last ever tour, a foreign jaunt may be on the cards (depending on my offshore rota). Otherwise, I don't think I will bother.

Archived