What musical element do you want to see back

treeduck

Which musical element do you want to see returned to the Rush fray above all others?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which musical element do you want to see returned to the Rush fray above all others?

• 1 Acoustic guitar
    • 2 Guitar solos
    • 3 Synths
    • 4 Piano
    • 5 Alex backing vocals
    • 6 All acoustic drums
    • 7 High, high Geddy vocals
    • 8 Female backing vocals as in Time Stand Still
    • 9 Male backing vocals as in Superconductor
    • 10 Clean electric guitar
    • 11 Lots of space in the musical landscape
    • 12 Strings

What single musical element would you most want Rush to bring back to the table as regards the new album? Which one of the choices is the most important to you? Which of these is missing most from the last original Rush venture, Vapor Trails?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 7 2006, 04:02 PM)
I voted for "Lots of space in the musical landscape", but that would be closely followed by guitar solos, synths, clean electric guitar and acoustic guitar.

Treeduck, let the goober bashing begin. wink.gif

No need to bash anything mate...

cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 7 2006, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 7 2006, 04:02 PM)
I voted for "Lots of space in the musical landscape", but that would be closely followed by guitar solos, synths, clean electric guitar and acoustic guitar.

Treeduck, let the goober bashing begin. wink.gif

No need to bash anything mate...

cool.gif

Not even the bishop? ohmy.gif

I voted formore space in the musical landscape btw.

It was a toss up between guitar solos and lots of space in the musical landscape. In the end I chose the guitar solos. I think I made the right choice. Damn, I want to vote again. DAMN!

I don't understand why "all acoustic drums" was a choice. The last 3 Rush studio albums (Feedback, Vapor Trails & Test For Echo) contain absolutely no electronic drumming whatsoever.

I chose lots of space. That's my one complaint with the more recent albums - there always seems to be some lingering background noise - it's never just clean instruments what's playing, you know.

However, my second choice would be high, high Geddy vocals.

Clean lines with lots of space and eerie synths and high vocals with a tinge of piano and strings, not to mention some awesome guitar solos and acoustic drums. 2.gif

I voted for Guitar Solos, but also how about more "technical" time shifting drumming rather than the "groove" oriented four-on-the-floor style that dominated Vapor Trails and the other recent records.

And I'm suprised that no one's asked for more rap like on Roll The Bones.

More epics. In fact, I'd like it if the new album had three songs. One thirty minutes and two fifteen minutes.

Archived