Stephen King fest

treeduck

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Apr 9 2011, 07:15 PM)
Reading Under the Dome now. Wife gave it to me for Xmas that year when it was new but I never picked it up.

Bizarre beginning to the book, geeze.

It's Stephen King - what did you expect? wink.gif laugh.gif

I liked UTD. It has one of best villains ever! Man I hated that guy while I was reading it. You'll know who I'm talking about in a few chapters......

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 9 2011, 07:57 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Apr 8 2011, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 8 2011, 11:42 AM)
I did a very light-hearted blog post about SK...thought I'd share the link.

http://asortoflifewithautism.blogspot.com/...t-une_2951.html

Kinda silly, but I had fun with it.

Loved it! Sometimes I also wonder whether or not Tabby is ever scared of the King. ohmy.gif

I am sharing this with my fellow Betas over on his website. You ought to join the MB there. We have lots of fun cool.gif

Wow, thanks for sharing it. smile.gif

I'll check out the website...in fact, I just signed up.

Excellent! cool.gif

Did you use this UID? I go by my real name there so if you're under this name, I'll find you. The Mod is on vacation this week, though so the Board is down sad.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 13 2006, 11:43 PM)
Ok Cujo is done and yes I did enjoy the last 100 pages a lot but still overall it's just a "pretty good" book, not one of King's career monuments, they're still to come. One part had me laughing out loud i mean really laughing. It's the bit where Sheriff Bannmerman is reporting the fact that his house has been trashed to Vic Trenton who's away on business, in fact that whole Steve kemp affair made me chuckle all the way through. One question got me about this, why do a lot of King's bad guys get a hard-on while they're trashing houses or cars or people?

There's a more important question than that though, who's hairer and scarier me or Cujo? You decide. It's too difficult a question for me...

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6168/puzzledfe9.jpg

Ok seriously now one thing I noticed right at the end is the date. The first draft Cujo was written in 1977, Firestarter was also written that year. So that means that SK already had The Stand and The Dead Zone more or less completed by the time The Shining and Nightshift hit the shelves. One thing about King he doesn't let the grass grow under him...

Next...

Was reading through this thread and saw this pic and I just had to say it. You look tons like maynard James keenan when he plays with APC ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 16 2011, 12:30 AM)
Ok Cujo is done and yes I did enjoy the last 100 pages a lot but still overall it's just a "pretty good" book, not one of King's career monuments, they're still to come. One part had me laughing out loud i mean really laughing. It's the bit where Sheriff Bannmerman is reporting the fact that his house has been trashed to Vic Trenton who's away on business, in fact that whole Steve kemp affair made me chuckle all the way through. One question got me about this, why do a lot of King's bad guys get a hard-on while they're trashing houses or cars or people?

There's a more important question than that though, who's hairer and scarier me or Cujo? You decide. It's too difficult a question for me...

Ok seriously now one thing I noticed right at the end is the date. The first draft Cujo was written in 1977, Firestarter was also written that year. So that means that SK already had The Stand and The Dead Zone more or less completed by the time The Shining and Nightshift hit the shelves. One thing about King he doesn't let the grass grow under him...

Next...

Was reading through this thread and saw this pic and I just had to say it. You look tons like maynard James keenan when he plays with APC ohmy.gif

Is that a clever way of saying I look like a TOOL!!

laugh.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 16 2011, 12:55 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 16 2011, 12:30 AM)

Next...

Is that a clever way of saying I look like a TOOL!!

laugh.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

1022.gif

smile.gif

That is all.

Stephen King fans, too? Why didn't I come here sooner. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

JUST finished off the extended version of 'The Stand' which, obviously, captivates on magnum levels of rock... as many famous literary buffs have said before me. I was particularly impressed *SPOILER* with King's in-depth ideals of what it would be like to reform a "perfect government" after the virus has wiped out most of mankind. Fair warning though, don't read this book when you're ill. Unless.. you have a macabre sense of humor like me. eyesre4.gif

You have to have a macabre sense of humor to love his books.

Also, really looking forward to his future 'time machine' endeavors with '11/22/63' -- sounds like a winner.

QUOTE (Trishkits @ Apr 22 2011, 10:01 AM)
Stephen King fans, too? Why didn't I come here sooner. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

JUST finished off the extended version of 'The Stand' which, obviously, captivates on magnum levels of rock... as many famous literary buffs have said before me. I was particularly impressed *SPOILER* with King's in-depth ideals of what it would be like to reform a "perfect government" after the virus has wiped out most of mankind. Fair warning though, don't read this book when you're ill. Unless.. you have a macabre sense of humor like me. eyesre4.gif

You have to have a macabre sense of humor to love his books.

Also, really looking forward to his future 'time machine' endeavors with '11/22/63' -- sounds like a winner.

Good read, but you must read the dark tower series if you haven't already yes.gif

Great mention. I've only read the first three and half of the fourth one, due to some dumb schmuck who stole my book.

Which, the good thing about his novels is, if you shop at the right bookstores, you can get out with 20 or so novels for only 5 bucks.

For instance, my copy of 'The Green Mile' (which I'm currently reading) only cost 15c because some used book stores cut out tax.

Argh, bargains! 1287.gif

What do you think of his short stories?

QUOTE (Trishkits @ Apr 22 2011, 10:48 AM)
Great mention. I've only read the first three and half of the fourth one, due to some dumb schmuck who stole my book.
Which, the good thing about his novels is, if you shop at the right bookstores, you can get out with 20 or so novels for only 5 bucks.

For instance, my copy of 'The Green Mile' (which I'm currently reading) only cost 15c because some used book stores cut out tax.

Argh, bargains! 1287.gif

What do you think of his short stories?

They have certainly inspired mine wink.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Apr 10 2011, 04:52 AM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Apr 9 2011, 07:15 PM)
Reading Under the Dome now.  Wife gave it to me for Xmas that year when it was new but I never picked it up.

Bizarre beginning to the book, geeze.

It's Stephen King - what did you expect? wink.gif laugh.gif

I liked UTD. It has one of best villains ever! Man I hated that guy while I was reading it. You'll know who I'm talking about in a few chapters......

I've been reading UTD for the past week and am about half way through.

GREAT story so far and yes...the villain is the WORST!!! I hate that guy!!!!

I read in a previous post someone mentioning Kings sense of humor and I think it really shines/shined in this one. There was more than one time I found myself laughing out loud at what I was reading...but now that things are really getting bad I've found he has cut back on the funny.

In any case, UTD has been a real treat, especially after reading Game of Thrones.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 5 2012, 02:25 AM)
How did I not see this thread? I love Stephen King. I'll have more to say when it isn't 3 am.

Yeah I've still not finished it 6 years later! All my old and new King books (the ones in the fest yet to be featured) are all ready to go on a shelf nearby. I need grab a few of the latest ones too, like the new Dark Tower one, the JFK one and the latest novella quartet.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 5 2012, 05:37 AM)
Was wondering what happened to this thread...Glad to see it's still alive.

I've kind of been on a hiatus with it. I'll get it going again eventually...

cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 5 2012, 12:53 AM)
How did I not see this thread? I love Stephen King. I'll have more to say when it isn't 3 am.

Yeah I've still not finished it 6 years later! All my old and new King books (the ones in the fest yet to be featured) are all ready to go on a shelf nearby. I need grab a few of the latest ones too, like the new Dark Tower one, the JFK one and the latest novella quartet.

trink38.gif

I wasn't sure I even wanted to read 11/22/63, but it turned out to be another hit for King, I recommend it Ducky!

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 5 2012, 02:57 PM)

trink38.gif

I wasn't sure I even wanted to read 11/22/63, but it turned out to be another hit for King, I recommend it Ducky!

Cool, thanks Cindy!

trink39.gif

smile.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 5 2012, 09:04 PM)

trink38.gif

Cool, thanks Cindy!

trink39.gif

smile.gif bekloppt.gif

It's just brilliant! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 9 2012, 04:49 AM)

trink38.gif

Cool, thanks Cindy!

trink39.gif

smile.gif bekloppt.gif

Look everyone, it's a miracle, a weird miracle, like something from a Stephen King novel... ohmy.gif A cat that can read!

She's a baby too...

laugh.gif cheer.gif cool10.gif cat.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 9 2012, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 9 2012, 04:49 AM)

trink38.gif

Cool, thanks Cindy!

trink39.gif

smile.gif bekloppt.gif

Look everyone, it's a miracle, a weird miracle, like something from a Stephen King novel... ohmy.gif A cat that can read!

She's a baby too...

laugh.gif cheer.gif cool10.gif cat.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif