Stephen King fest

treeduck

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 9 2012, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 9 2012, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 9 2012, 04:49 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 5 2012, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 5 2012, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 5 2012, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 5 2012, 02:25 AM)
How did I not see this thread? I love Stephen King. I'll have more to say when it isn't 3 am.

Yeah I've still not finished it 6 years later! All my old and new King books (the ones in the fest yet to be featured) are all ready to go on a shelf nearby. I need grab a few of the latest ones too, like the new Dark Tower one, the JFK one and the latest novella quartet.

trink38.gif

I wasn't sure I even wanted to read 11/22/63, but it turned out to be another hit for King, I recommend it Ducky!

Cool, thanks Cindy!

trink39.gif

smile.gif bekloppt.gif

It's just brilliant! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Look everyone, it's a miracle, a weird miracle, like something from a Stephen King novel... ohmy.gif A cat that can read!

She's a baby too...

laugh.gif cheer.gif cool10.gif cat.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

bekloppt.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Aug 8 2012, 10:14 PM)
About a month ago I finished the Dark Tower Series. I am still undecided on the ending. Is the new Dark Tower any good?

The ending is quite divisive. But I've made my peace with it wink.gif

The new book, The Wind Through The Keyhole, is very good. It's a story within a story. Roland is telling a story to the Tet and in this story is a story that young Roland told. It has a bit more fantasy, due to the young Roland story, than the rest of the books but it's very good.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 10 2012, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Aug 8 2012, 10:14 PM)
About a month ago I finished the Dark Tower Series.  I am still undecided on the ending.  Is the new Dark Tower any good?

The ending is quite divisive. But I've made my peace with it wink.gif

The new book, The Wind Through The Keyhole, is very good. It's a story within a story. Roland is telling a story to the Tet and in this story is a story that young Roland told. It has a bit more fantasy, due to the young Roland story, than the rest of the books but it's very good.

Don't give it away I've not read the last three books or the new one...

ohmy.gif

(I only scanned your post but that was enough to know you were giving away state secrets!)

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Aug 15 2012, 12:21 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 11 2011, 05:05 AM)
Just finished Dolores Claiborne biggrin.gif

Was that the chick that knocked her husband into the well and beat him with a rock?

Yeah and that is about the most succinct plot summary and spoiler ever. wink.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 17 2012, 09:38 AM)

Was that the chick that knocked her husband into the well and beat him with a rock?

Yeah and that is about the most succinct plot summary and spoiler ever. wink.gif

My bad.

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Aug 20 2012, 11:01 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 17 2012, 09:38 AM)

My bad.

Even if it isn't completely correct wink.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Oct 19 2012, 04:32 AM)
QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Oct 19 2012, 05:13 AM)
Has anybody read 11/22/63?  I just picked it up.

Yes. Classic King style. Time machine stuff. I liked it but it's not a re-read.

Hello...

bekloppt.gif

11/22/63 is my favorite King book in a long time. Apparently his son talked him into adding an additional ending and I would love to shake the man's hand because it is about the most touching moment he could have included to such a heart rending story. Recommended.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 20 2012, 07:32 AM)
11/22/63 is my favorite King book in a long time. Apparently his son talked him into adding an additional ending and I would love to shake the man's hand because it is about the most touching moment he could have included to such a heart rending story. Recommended.

IReally? Didn't find it that good.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Oct 20 2012, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 20 2012, 07:32 AM)
11/22/63 is my favorite King book in a long time.  Apparently his son talked him into adding an additional ending and I would love to shake the man's hand because it is about the most touching moment he could have included to such a heart rending story.  Recommended.

IReally? Didn't find it that good.

Other than the time travel part it is not his usual supernatural stuff. I like it when he goes as realistic as he can. It's not to everyone's taste.

The Dark Tower does slow down a bit, but if you push through until the last book it starts rolling like a freight train. The ending is... well I won't say, but it stuck with me for weeks afterward.