R. uling U. nder S. atan's H. ands

RUSHHEAD666

This story I am about to tell is based on my passion for RUSH so I hope this thing isn't moved "Between the Wheels" of No Return!

So, it's funny how I posted that "Roll the Bones" thread and all of the sudden I read about the Starman being Satanic. I never knew about the backmasking on the "2112 Grand Finale." Is that Urban Legend or fact?

I have heard the Satanic stuff on ZOSO and I even heard "It's fun to smoke marijuana" on the Queen "Another One Bites the Dust" 45 single.

Anyway, the RUSH stands for RULING UNDER SATAN'S HANDS really bugged me for a long time.

Then of course decades ago my buddy showed my the profile of the devil's face inside the left part of the Starman's naked body!

I was like blown away. You can see the long horn in the left arm and the eye and the mouth and pointed chin into the left leg!

WOW! I thought.

But hey then when I became a freshman in high school things changed.

I am sure there are a lot of Christians on here so I am not trying to offend your belief of faith in anyway.

Before my freshman year in the summer 1983 my parents put me in this Christian summer camp for a week in the Santa Cruz mountains in California. Mount Herman was the name of this place.

Well this camp had an over the top Jesus Freak Mentality. I could see the brainwashing begin before my very own eyes.

I believed in GOD back then, but I didn't want to be forced to give my soul to Jesus just yet either. After all I was a young kid who was only 2 years into RUSH music.

Well one afternoon I was walking by the rec room and I saw a sign on the door.

Come see the "SATANIC ALBUM ART WORK SLIDE SHOW AT 3:00pm!"

I was very interested in that, so I showed up at 3:00 pm sharp with bells on!

As the slide show began they were showing us kids all this album art that represented witch craft and Satan!

Here are some examples:

EAGLES- "Hotel California." Is you open up the gatefold on the record and look up you can see the bald Mr. Crowley starring down with open arms dressed in black.

OZZY- "Blizzard of Oz." Of course! The upside giant cross on the wall.

STEVIE NICKS- "Bella Donna" They said that she was a witch and those white flowers by the tambourine were poisonous.

BEATLES- "Sgt. Peppers" They said that those flowers on the cover were poisonous too and that they were into backmasking. Very evil, very bad!!!

IRON MAIDEN- "Number of the Beast" The album title and cover say it all!

There were a bunch more album covers in that slide show, but I will let your mind think of a few. But then in my little mind the shit really hit the fan.

They showed the "Moving Pictures" cover!!! I was like holy crap!!!! No way!

They pointed out the pictures of course. The dogs playing cards was a strange witch thing and then of course the witch burning with the cross by her head as well! LAME! "WITCH HUNT" IS A SONG MORONS!!!!!!

Sorry my Rush droogies, that was not the only Rush cover they had that dreadful day.

One of the next slides was a picture of CARESS OF STEEL!!!

Remember someone on here asked about what that cover is all about??

Well I am not an expert but these so-called Christian camp counselors were telling us kids that it was a Satanic/Warlock cover. That is all I can remember! Nonetheless I was shocked again!

But then I almost had a small stroke!

The next album cover they showed us was "2112!!!"

I couldn't believe my eyes!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I thought to myself!!

RUSH IS SATANIC!! IT'S TRUE!!!!

Well guys, here is the kicker!! They said that the red star was a Satanic pentagram!

But come on if you have a brain you would realize that it is an OPEN RED STAR!!!! It's NOT a frigging pentagram!!!!!

PATHETIC!!

Well I saw that slide and ran out of the room with anger and disbelief.

I ran back to my cabin to reflect on the bullshit my eyes had seen.

My counselor was there and I said to him: "I can't believe 2112 by my favorite rock band RUSH is Satanic!"

The dude said, and I will never forget this as long as I live:

"Well Earl, if you add 2+1+1+2 it equals 6!!! Hence 666!!! The Number of the Beast!"

I think I actually started to tear up. I was pissed.

But hey, that is the reason why my screen name is RUSHHEAD666!

No I am not into Satan. Sorry to disappoint you. Not a Christian or an atheist either. Agnostic more like it. Nuff said.

Anyway, I put that 666 on my screen name to pay homage to all of those stupid lies and bullshit that they were trying to feed our minds at that Christian Camp!!!

Amen Rush Brothers and Sisters!

What about Miles Davis and Black Sabbath??

Guess they believe in the devil too!!

LIVE EVIL

Holy Diver?

Dio!

cool10.gif

PS: I read an article somewhere when Neil was being asked about all that Satanic crap that people have thought about over the years. Neil pretty much said it was all nonsense!

Even that profile of the devil in STARMAN is a just a coincidence!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but...sometimes I think Christianity was the downfall of common sense.

The whole idea of intentionally putting satanic messages and themes in rock music is a load of manure. I mean, granted, some bands did it on purpose. "Satan eats cheese wizz" being my personal favorite, but so many bands deny allogations of this kinda crap.

Everyone who is not in the cone of religious silence and sheltering has heard of and probably heard the backwards playing of Stairway to Heaven, which supposedly says...

"Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one whose little path would make me sad, whoose power is satan. He'll he'll give those with him 666, there was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan"...

Lets break this down for a second, verse by hypothetical verse...

"Oh here's to my sweet Satan."

Alright, good enough, sounds satanic.

"The one whose little path would make me sad,"

Interesting, this really doesnt make me want to be satanist, how about you?

"He'll he'll give those with him 666"

Yeah yeah, and the first sunday of every month at my church we eat the body of christ in bread, religious figures like giving crap

"there was a little toolshed where he made us suffer"

hmmm, more suffering, man, this does it, im gonna be a satanist, i love suffering...*sarcasm*

"sad Satan"

I thought it was sweet satan, make up your backwards mind!

There is no way that the backwords message was intentional in that song. It doesnt make sense, why wouldnt they be like "yay satan!" if they were pro-satanic. Think.

To further argue this specific point, this quote was from Robert Plant, the man who wrote the lyrics...

"'Stairway To Heaven' was written with every best intention, and as far as reversing tapes and putting messages on the end, that's not my idea of making music. It's really sad. the first time I heard it was early in the morning when I was living at home, and I heard it on a news program. I was absolutely drained all day. I walked around, and I couldn't actually believe, I couldn't take people seriously who could come up with sketches like that. There are a lot of people who are making money there, and if that's the way they need to do it, then do it without my lyrics. I cherish them far too much.""

Yes, boy, he sounds real satanic...

Alright, but moving on...

Ever notice that the people saying there are satanic messages in rock music are the same people who told Bach, Mozart, Handel and other famous compsers with new styles of music for their time that they were satanic...the same people who said until the 1990's that the Earth was the center of the universe, that the sun orbited earth...

mainly, its old people not liking the influence of the music their children are listening to. It happened in the 50's...it happens today, If you dont like change, get you god on your side...that will make everyone call praise to your cause....

ya know, more drammatic examples include:

crusades

inquisitions

september 11th

If you throw god into it, everyone is on your side.

I play in a praise band at my church everysunday, im the drummer....and its amazing that the beat I use in "Holy is the Lord" is also in a ton of other rock songs...

This is becoming a very large rant, so I'll end in a second

but finally, there was a like, response written by Neil Peart to some chritsian group that said he wrote satanic lyrics, in which he responded to the person by saying he didnt beleive in any god, the lord or satan, if someone can find that, that would be great.

OK, so, how many are gonna flame me...lol

Here ya go..I posted before in another very old thread...

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/transcrip...artsatanism.htm

by Neil Peart

Daily Texan, Believed to have been published July 19, 1981

Reprinted in Backstage Club Newsletter with introduction by Neil Peart, September 1983

Hi folks! I've got another little goodie for you this month. Personally I fail to understand why this subject needs to be addressed at all, but there has been such a prevalence of questions about this silliy "Satanism" business directed at our friends and ourselves, that I felt it was time to clear it up once and for all!

This little editorial was written in response to a very vicious and untrue story which a newspaper (The Daily Texan) had printed about all of these rock bands (including ourselves) who were supposed to be concealing Satanist and other anti-social messages in their songs by (get this!) recording them backwards! A real "ha ha" don't you think? Well, they didn't think so, and consequently if you find my reply a little on the strong side you will understand; they made me mad!

As to some of the ridiculous meanings I have heard attached to the "Man and Star" logo by some sick units, one hardly knows what to say! Those who are interested in such things should surely have noticed that the star is not a pentagram, it is of course an open star, which is quite a different geometric and symbolic thing. I even heard recently that there is supposed to be a subliminal "devil's face" worked into the naked man's back! Now really!

I'll tell you what. If you don't understand or care about such things, (good for you!), then just ignore the whole thing. If you are one of those who find "secret" things all over the place, do us a favour; keep it a secret-don't tell anyone! Especially not me.

All seriousness aside, I hope this finds you all well and happy. If you are one of those who attended our concerts on this tour, I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Until next time-

Neil Peart

He wrote this in another response to an article...

Editor's note: The following column was submitted by a member of the rock group Rush in response to Jim Hankins' July 19 coverage in The Daily Texan of a seminar entitled "No One Here Gets Out Alive." The seminar was sponsered by the Longhorn Christian Fellowship and centered on the theme that many popular rock music songs are trying to turn American youth against Christianity toward satanism or other religions. The group contended that either blatantly or through subliminal means, musicians convey satanic messages in their songs.

I am writing in response to an article which was written by your reporter Jim Hankins in your issue of July 19, "Group seeks to show rock 'n roll Satanic." It was awhile ago, but the article was sent to me through several intermediary steps. Besides, it's never too late to discuss a matter like this, and as I happen to be a member of one of the groups mentioned, perhaps I can interject a little rationality and truth into such a hysterical exercise in propaganda.

Satanism. Now here is a word that should be kept away from some people the way you should keep matches from children and guns from jealous husbands!

There is a certain trait evident in human nature which some people seem to possess in greater degrees. It derives from a state of insecurity and low self-esteem and shows itself in the actions of those who wish to make themselves look good by making others look bad. You see it everywhere once you start to look for it. People who can't gain respect for their own merits feel obliged to try and tear down those who do. We see it in the failures who try to prove their aloofness by criticizing the actions of those who actually do something, or in cases like this one where the weak and pusillanimous prove their righteousness by trying to punish the "less-righteous."

A big advantage to such an attitude is that it keeps them so involved in other peoples' lives that they need not examine their own.

So these are the grim-faced hypocrites who are stirring around in the dark places of life hoping to find something - anything - dirtier than their own reflection. And if they can't find anything - no problem - they'll just make something up!

And here they are accusing rock musicians of being sincere and dedicated satanists attempting to poison the souls of America's youth with subliminal messages of devil-worship. You know that's almost a very good joke! Almost.

As one who knows many of these "demonic figures" personally, especially some of those mentioned in the article, the idea of some of these sold-out, burnt-out, cynical, strutting peacocks being so deeply and religiously committed to anything (save their "image" and chart numbers) is also a bit of a joke. And a pretty lame one at that!

These nameless mercenaries don't even demonstrate that kind of commitment in their music why on earth would they be bothered to go to all that trouble to put anything else into it? All they need (and care) to do is find a kind of lowest common denominator of commercial "acceptability." Yes, you Christian crypto-fascists, it is a joke! The only problem is - you're not laughing.

I'm not laughing anymore, either. I've started to receive too many questions and letters from confused and impressionable young people wanting to know if it's true that we worship the devil. Who is it that is corrupting the minds of young Americans?

Let us not for one minute forget that this is the same self-righteous mentality that has put itself to work persecuting witches, Christians, Jews, Quakers, Indians, Catholics, Negroes, Communists, hippies and capitalists down through the ages. There's always somebody to kick you when you're down. It seems like every group has taken its turn at one end of the stick or the other. From the bitter oppressed to the righteous oppressor is a very short step.

Speaking for myself, as lyricist and drummer for "Rush", and one of those accused of this heinous crime, I must object, Your Honors. Far from being a closet Satanist, I confess crudely, I don't even believe in the old bastard! I wonder if that's better or worse in your eyes, Grand Inquisitor?

I can certainly assure you that my lyrics contain no "demonic" secret messages or cleverly concealed mystical commercials. Nothing like that, I'm afraid. It is not only absurd and pathetic, but it is also totally incompatible with my philosophy, my work and my beliefs.

I get all kinds of letters from people like this whose perceptions are narrowed and distorted by pre-set values and ideas, telling me the most fantastic things that they have somehow "discovered" in my words! As is ever true - they find what they want to find. Fair enough. I know what I put in there. It isn't that, and it isn't this either. Period.

I don't wish to offend anyone's genuine beliefs, as it is a fundamental tenet in my philosophy that people should believe what they choose to believe. It must be stated, though, that when you've "got" religion, like Siddhartha, you find it everywhere you look. And when you've got evil, you'll find it everywhere you look, too.

Ah! It's the old "recorded backwards" trick again, is it Watson? Ha! I'm sure you could play "The Star Spangled Banner" backwards and find a secret message there too. Wouldn't Francis Scott Key be surprised at your cleverness! How do you suppose he knew what it said in 1812?

Don't you think something as vague as this is rather like a Rorschach ink-blot, or cloud shapes? Interpretation is based on the perceiver's state of mind - not on any objective reality. An ink-blot is a cloud is a song - frontwards or backwards. One finds what one wishes to find.

Yes, there's something subliminal at work here all right. The subliminal and poisonous sickness that dwells in the minds of these fearful and pompous so-called Christians. And they even call themselves a "Fellowship." Think about that for a minute. Then think about what this paper and others have accomplished by giving innocent ink and paper over to this kind of drivel. You readers don't know that I would never even use the kind of grammar that these people have attributed to me, let alone the insipid and valueless supposed message. Listen to this: "Oh Satan, you, you are the one who is shining. Walls of Satan, walls of sacrifice; I know it's you are the one I love." That's disgusting. I mean really You just know these people have to be sick. If you don't believe me, ask my Mom!

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Sep 20 2006, 07:22 PM)
You have too much time on your hands - way too much unsure.gif

Hey YYZ! Isn't that a STYX tune???? icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

They were into Satan too right?? The River "Styx!" wink.gif

My little essay only took me 35 minutes to write!

My typing skills are getting better everyday!!

Earl

Well, I'll be honest here. I'm a born again Christian. While no one here has said anything that I really find offensive, I do feel the need to put in my two cents.

First off, I don't buy any of the Rush having any involvement in the Satanic realm. The Starman, 2112, COS, and even Rush standing for anything is just stupid.

I'll be the first to admit that religious fanatics have really gone over the top to "sell" that rock music is just the worst thing that anyone can be involved with. It's the same people that tried to tell us that AC/DC stood for Anti Christ Devil's Children, or that KISS stands for Knights In Satan's Service. It's all ridiculous really.

What I find strange is that more times than not, its the religious community making the fuss about things while the musicians rarely have any negative comments either way.

I don't think people understand that you can have a balance. I used to be into some heavy stuff, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, AC/DC and what not, stuff that may not be "satanic" still had a message that I grew uncomfortable with after making my decision to follow Christ. I don't listen to any of the stuff that I grew to just not appreciate anymore. On the other hand, I'm not saying that people who do listen to that music have spiritual issues they need to work on, its just a matter of taste and what you're comfortable with.

I still love Rush and many other artists and bands that don't compromise or outwardly reject my beliefs and I certainly believe that just because one is a Christian doesn't mean that they can only listen to religious music.

There's certainly enough good music out there that doesn't have an overly religious tone that is thought provoking and often moving... 2.gif anyone?

• Like 1

QUOTE (strangiatoman @ Sep 20 2006, 11:27 PM)
Well, I'll be honest here. I'm a born again Christian. While no one here has said anything that I really find offensive, I do feel the need to put in my two cents.

First off, I don't buy any of the Rush having any involvement in the Satanic realm. The Starman, 2112, COS, and even Rush standing for anything is just stupid.

I'll be the first to admit that religious fanatics have really gone over the top to "sell" that rock music is just the worst thing that anyone can be involved with. It's the same people that tried to tell us that AC/DC stood for Anti Christ Devil's Children, or that KISS stands for Knights In Satan's Service. It's all ridiculous really.

What I find strange is that more times than not, its the religious community making the fuss about things while the musicians rarely have any negative comments either way.

I don't think people understand that you can have a balance. I used to be into some heavy stuff, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, AC/DC and what not, stuff that may not be "satanic" still had a message that I grew uncomfortable with after making my decision to follow Christ. I don't listen to any of the stuff that I grew to just not appreciate anymore. On the other hand, I'm not saying that people who do listen to that music have spiritual issues they need to work on, its just a matter of taste and what you're comfortable with.

I still love Rush and many other artists and bands that don't compromise or outwardly reject my beliefs and I certainly believe that just because one is a Christian doesn't mean that they can only listen to religious music.

There's certainly enough good music out there that doesn't have an overly religious tone that is thought provoking and often moving... 2.gif anyone?

goodpost.gif Respect....

I agree with your post Strangiatoman!

But what really bugs me is Neal Morse.

The EX-lead singer of "Spock's Beard" and then he goes off the deep end of Christian Faith and every song he writes is over the top GOD!

Why did he take the leap of Faith?

Even Mike Portnoy still drums for the guy?

I do own some of the Morse solo stuff but man it's just the same broken record redundant Christian stuff!

Why?

Hey, I still have my one STRYPER cd from Japan!!

Remember that Christian band in the yellow and black stripes??

I have "TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL" with the banned artwork with the obi strip. Nice little piece to the collection.

GOD is a good thing man, I just don't buy into the whole deal.

I will wait for "Judgement Day!"

That's a WHITESNAKE song wih Steve Vai on guitar!

Great song.

Good night now!

Jim Rome

Hey Steel!

You had me going for a second. rofl3.gif

A Political Forum is set in stone.

Now a Religion Forum too?

Wow man, if that Forum really did exist, I would really start counting the days down to October 5th!

That's my one month anniversary for access!

My friend's mother got all preachy to her when she discovered she listened to hard rock and heavy metal.

She claimed that Rush was satanic (because of "Witch Hunt," ironically!) and so was Styx, because of their name (a river in Hades). She also said that many bands, and probably Rush and Styx included, put backwards messages on their albums.

I laughed when I heard. Styx?? They're so benign! I told my friend that if Styx had a backwards message on one of their albums, it would probably say, "Drink milk. Stay in school." She laughed.

BTW... Geddy was asked during the MFH promotional tour if "RUSH" stood for anything. He said the band used to joke that it stood for "Ray, U Shit Head" - a reference to their manager, Ray Danniels.

Hello Everybody!

When I joined this forum and Counterparts, I chose 'Saint Nick' because it was my way of representing my hometown of New Orleans; a) because I'm a big, die-hard Saints fan; and 2) New Orleans is a heavy Roman Catholic faithful community.

However, it's not to say that I live the life of a Saint; because I don't...I'm not perfect, I have my fair share of faults & sins. Please give me a few lines...I will get to my point. I am a devout Catholic and attend mass every day of the week; every weekday morning at 6:30 before going to work; 4 on Saturday afternoon/evening; and again on Sunday mornings. I go simply because it makes me feel better; and I feel that prayer is the best form of an insurance policy between myself & GOD.

At weekday/workday morning mass, we have a loyal crowd of just about 70 people at our parish church/chapel; I am the youngest by a good 10 to 15 years; I've been going on an everyday basis for (another good) 10 to 15 years.

My fellow Catholics know me; quite a few non-Catholics know of me = they all, even the Priests who know me, know how much I worship the works of Rush. Brace yourself for this line...I even go so far to say that Geddy, Alex & Neil are my second Holy Trinity...I love the boys that much...they mean that much to me. I don't think I'm a bad person and/or should be condemned straight to Hell for saying and/or believing in this; what I have going for me is that I know GOD understands.

In 2000, I joined the music ministry at a Catholic church in Kenner; another suburbia of New Orleans. At a practice session, I was trying to learn a song called "Awesome GOD"; a song we would play at the end of the Eucharistic Celebration. So as I was listening, I was thinking of what kind of rhythmic beat could go with this song, as well as keeping in mind that I'm still in church...so keep it safe. Then it came to me...Rush's 'awesome god'...Tom Sawyer; and it worked...beautifully & perfectly...and the priests' loved our music.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that I can have the best of both worlds; knowing that I'm doing the right thing, living a good, working, productive, prayerful life...at 37, I've never had an alcoholic drink, never ever smoked anything...not that people are wrong for doing that, you gotta be you, and I'm not gonna tell anyone what they have to do, what they oughta do...I'm not gonna preach to anyone. What I get out of my religious/spiritual beliefs is between me & THE MAN UPSTAIRS. However, HE lets me have my free will; and with that I listen to the music that I want to listen to and follow. I'm not gonna let anybody tell me what I can/can't, should/shouldn't do; I gotta be me...you gotta be you.

When I flew to Atlanta to see Vapor Trails, as I was checking into my hotel, I asked if there were any Catholic churches nearby; there was but I was very way too late; I've made up for it. Before driving to Houston for R 30, and before driving home after the show...the morning after, I stopped in for some QT with JC. During the concert, I looked up in the sky; rain threatened during those 3 hours and it was hot; anyway, looking up and saying "thanks be to GOD".

All these radical/special interest group/organizations have no bearing on me at all. They can say what they want, say Rush is satanic...which I know is bullshit. Or how about, I don't want to hear it...I love the lyrics & music of Rush and always will...forever & ever.

I can live in everyday glory knowing in confidence that I love & worship GOD AND MY MAIN MAN JESUS CHRIST, and THEY LOVE ME, and THEY know that I love the works of Rush; believe me when I say, WE'LL TALK...PRAYER IS A RUSH OF A FEELING.

My sisters & brothers, I thank you for your time.

Take care my friends.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Saint NIck @ Sep 21 2006, 01:06 PM)
...I'm not perfect, I have my fair share of faults & sins....I feel that prayer is the best form of an insurance policy between myself & GOD...I even go so far to say that Geddy, Alex & Neil are my second Holy Trinity...I love the boys that much...they mean that much to me. I don't think I'm a bad person and/or should be condemned straight to Hell for saying and/or believing in this; what I have going for me is that I know GOD understands.
...I'm not gonna preach to anyone. What I get out of my religious/spiritual beliefs is between me & THE MAN UPSTAIRS. However, HE lets me have my free will; and with that I listen to the music that I want to listen to and follow. I'm not gonna let anybody tell me what I can/can't, should/shouldn't do; I gotta be me...you gotta be you.
All these radical/special interest group/organizations have no bearing on me at all. They can say what they want, say Rush is satanic...which I know is bullshit. Or how about, I don't want to hear it...I love the lyrics & music of Rush and always will...forever & ever.
I can live in everyday glory knowing in confidence that I love & worship GOD AND MY MAIN MAN JESUS CHRIST, and THEY LOVE ME, and THEY know that I love the works of Rush; believe me when I say, WE'LL TALK...PRAYER IS A RUSH OF A FEELING.

goodpost.gif

Exactly how i feel about it. when i went to my first rush concert I went to a private christian school and all of my friends were trying to tell me that Rush is a satanic band and that they're evil and crap like that. And I just told them to believe what they want cause they are wrong. I don't give a crap if they are or aren't. All I know is that they create kick ass music that i listen to on a daily basis and has provided a soundtrack to my life. The music I listen to has no relation to my lord and savior and thats the way i keep it. I do like the music of secular bands, i do listen to Rob Zombie and Ozzy and Led Zeppelin, theres even a few Marilyn Manson tunes i like. But that has no effect on my religious views. So all the naysayers can just have a big ol' nice glass of STFU. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 21 2006, 12:26 PM)
My friend's mother got all preachy to her when she discovered she listened to hard rock and heavy metal.

She claimed that Rush was satanic (because of "Witch Hunt," ironically!) and so was Styx, because of their name (a river in Hades). She also said that many bands, and probably Rush and Styx included, put backwards messages on their albums.

I laughed when I heard. Styx?? They're so benign! I told my friend that if Styx had a backwards message on one of their albums, it would probably say, "Drink milk. Stay in school." She laughed.

BTW... Geddy was asked during the MFH promotional tour if "RUSH" stood for anything. He said the band used to joke that it stood for "Ray, U Shit Head" - a reference to their manager, Ray Danniels.

goodpost.gif

Awesome Geddy!

Earl

I'm a Christian. And I believe that I will go to heaven when I die. But some off this stuff about rock being satanic is just plain dumb.

2112 is not satanic. Its not a pentagram. They would have to turn the star completly up side down for it to be a pentagram.

The Ruling Under Satans Hand is just a bunch of old catholic nuts trying to stir up controversy.

Most of these people don't even know what there talking about.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Sep 21 2006, 07:18 PM)
2112 is not satanic. Its not a pentagram. They would have to turn the star completly up side down for it to be a pentagram.

Actually, as a Wiccan person, it is my understanding that pointing down would represent a Satanist belief system. A Wiccan/earth-based related pentagram or pentacle points up. The five points represent earth, air, fire, and water with the upward point representing spirit. The Wiccan traditions with which I am familiar do not acknowledge a devil or Satan. Satan is a Christian construct. smile.gif

I'm a Christian as well, AND I even listen to stuff like KING DIAMOND occasionally. If a person has a brain and uses it there is no issue. I get way more jacked up when I olympic lift w/ "bad" music than I do w/ umm.... I don't even KNOW any Christian music because to me it is crap.

When I feel like communing with my lord and savior I'll listen to Yes.

I can't stand Christian Music.

I finally stopped buying Neal Morse solo cds because it is way too much. Even though Mike Portnoy drums on the records, I did not buy the last one. Enough is enough.

I still have all my Spock's Beard cds though!

Oh yeah and I hate Stryper too but I do own the banned cover of the Japanese cd "TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL."

Would you consider "KING'S X" to be a Christian band?

It doesn't matter to me because they are an excellent band!

Wasn't CREED supposed to be a Christian band?? GREED is more like it. I never liked this weak band.

Remember that hypocritical drug addict/alcoholic bum lead singer, Scott Stapp? Yeah, nothing like passing out on stage shitfaced at one of Creed's NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED SHOWS!

Lame!