Over and Out.................

ABZ Highlander

Well, It's been fun, (mostly).

Recent events that have occurred mean it's time for me to take my leave from here.

A post was placed by my partner in another thread in RS on Sunday.

This post was a genuine post from one member, to another, NOT any act of devilment or any attempt to wind anyone up.I was in the room when she posted it.In hindsight, it may have been mis-guided, but it was done with the best of intentions.

Now, all of a sudden, she's public enemy number 1, through no fault of her own.

Well, sorry, but I can't accept that.

So, to all my genuine friends here, It's been a blast, and take care.

Slainte,

ABZ (Steve)

Did it really need HINDSIGHT? And who knows if you're in the room or not or even making your own posts.

No one ever took sides my friend when the first wave of drama went down. In fact... a lot of off board stuff went the other direction in YOUR behalf. But the misguidedness of that well wish was pretty bad to anyone who knew or even partially knew what was going on.

A few things seemed rather fishy and it seemed like Suse only wanted to grind an axe. Sorry Steve, but it did look that way. It would be hard to apologize for anyone's perception of that. Common sense should just dictate not to rub so much salt in someone's wounds that way. I hope you can step back and see it the way I and most of us saw it. yes.gif

You've been one of my best mates on here since I joined and I could never take a side on what happened previously. This was just clearly not the thing to do. I was sure you really didn't even know it had happened quite honestly.

Now... the night it happened, D quit. How stupid. She luckily realized how stupid that was and I'm hoping to Netter's sake YOU also realize that leaving would be dumb. I had quite an auspicious debut on this board as well, but managed to stick around. Even after a few more altercations and minor chair throwing around the board. Eventually, shit dies off and it all goes back to normal.

I sincerely hope you also think this out some more and refrain from leaving a place you have had so much fun in. I've seen reasons people have left and some of them are valid. Like RR being a goof or GG constantly hitting on them... but THIS... c'mon Steve.

JUST DON'T GO, okay? That's all i'm saying.

Okay now RR and GG... step away from the BAN button. I was only kidding. Everyone knows that it was RR that hit on me and that GG is the goof. laugh.gif

See Steve... don't over credit anyone around here. I'M ALWAYS PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE!!! laugh.gif

seriously mate... stay. won't be the same without you. no.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (ABZ Highlander @ Aug 1 2006, 04:17 PM)
Well, It's been fun, (mostly).

Recent events that have occurred mean it's time for me to take my leave from here.
A post was placed by my partner in another thread in RS on Sunday.
This post was a genuine post from one member, to another, NOT any act of devilment or any attempt to wind anyone up.I was in the room when she posted it.In hindsight, it may have been mis-guided, but it was done with the best of intentions.
Now, all of a sudden, she's public enemy number 1, through no fault of her own.
Well, sorry, but I can't accept that.

So, to all my genuine friends here, It's been a blast, and take care.

Slainte,

ABZ (Steve)

well steve, as you know im a big fan of yours and you are someone i will miss. this should have never come to this if the whole thing had been delt with properly. as far as mrs. highlanders post, it may well have been innocent but for the life of me i cant understand how she would have thought her first post on the forum being in donnas birthday thread was a good idea. i cringed when i saw it knowing full well what was to follow. if it is farewell for you i wish you well in life and thanks for the memories my friend. trink39.gif

Sorry if this is your decision, Steve. I've always liked you, and wish you well.

And I must also add my say, that for your partner to not make a single post since joining last APRIL seems highly suspect to have her very first post be in Donna's B'day thread, and on Donna's birthday. If you can honestly say it was with the best of intentions, then I apologize for seeing things through a cynical eye.

Either way, I do wish you well. trink39.gif

ABZ, I don't really know what's happened, but may have picked up a flavour of it.

If you need some time away, take some time away, but the doors always open here and if you fancy dropping round again in the future please just do it.

If you are going for a bit, you'll be very sorely missed. Funny, intelligent posting, running with other people's ideas, giving everyone else something to spark off. It's what makes a forum like this.

Hopefully, until next time

Disco

Yeah it does suck what all went on this yr.(well the end of it at least)

Hate to know ur leavin, ur a GREAT guy Stephen &

deserve to be happy in EVERY aspect of ur life.

the time we had together was great & i HAVE to thank you for all the

great feelings u made me feel.

I Need u to know I DONT hate u...far from it!

& like i said to u(if u got the messages) ur ALWAYS welcome to come to NY

My door is ALWAYS open to u..just gimme notice so i can clean laugh.gif unsure.gif

& dont forget im ALWAYS here for u, ANYTIME

U have my #'s & know ways to get ahold of me if u ever want to.

T~Bits Still yes.gif

ALWAYZ ME,

Doe-Nahh wink.gif

heart.gif

just in case you read this steve, i have declared today ABZ Highlander tribute day in jawk jaw ! in honor of one the all time hall of fame jawkers ! trink39.gif

Wow, I am not really sure what went on either but I will probably find out. It is up to you my friend and we all respect your decisions. Steve, (If I may call you that ) or just ABZ , I really enjoyed you being around these parts but respect your decision for your departure. You know that you will be missed but we will welcome you back here with open arms anytime. trink39.gif

I don't know all the details of what happened prior to Sunday, but I gotta say it's easy to think her motives for joining the board and then offering "birthday wishes" to Donna may be less than altruistic - given their history and Mrs. H's disinterest in Rush. As Mrs. H says in her profile, "There's a strange reason for me being here." Hmmm.

But then, maybe everyone's interpreted this wrong.

In any case, this shouldn't be something that people leave the board over; it should be something that's settled privately, between the girls themselves - perhaps through PM's.

Steve,

I'm at somewhat of a loss here as to what to say. I've always considered you a good friend on TRF, and you will be very sorely missed. While I have a goodly few friends here, you were definitely among the most entertaining, so I not only enjoyed your company, but greatly enjoyed your postings.

I'm sorry that things had to come to this, and yet it seemed inevitable based on past circumstances that they would. I'm not saying it absolutely HAD to, or that things couldn't change in the future, because I hope they do and that you're able to come back at some point, as long as things can be peaceable without struggle or heartache for anyone. With some open and honest communication between certain parties, I don't see why this couldn't happen.

I still have you on IM, but you're never on. Any chance you can log on from time to time so we can still chat on occasion? I haven't been able to really speak with you for a long time, and I miss that too.

Anyway, lots of love from across the pond.

Always your friend,

Gary

Well I have absolutely no idea as to what happened but I do understand you wanting to leave....

when I first joined it was great, then something happened and I decided to leave....

I wasn't planning on coming back but someone talked me into it and although I was apprehencive I came back and I am glad I came back because I love it here....

I will miss you and I hope that this is only for a short while and that you will come back I will hold a flame for you!(if I can figure out how to do it wink.gif )

Well ABZ (Steve), I never got to know you that well but I always loved your posts in the Hilda thread and in Jawk Jaw. I just found out what happened and well.. I wish it did not come to that. I hope you can eventually come back and possibly forget about this experience and continue posting.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 2 2006, 05:22 AM)
Steve,

I'm at somewhat of a loss here as to what to say. I've always considered you a good friend on TRF, and you will be very sorely missed. While I have a goodly few friends here, you were definitely among the most entertaining, so I not only enjoyed your company, but greatly enjoyed your postings.

I'm sorry that things had to come to this, and yet it seemed inevitable based on past circumstances that they would. I'm not saying it absolutely HAD to, or that things couldn't change in the future, because I hope they do and that you're able to come back at some point, as long as things can be peaceable without struggle or heartache for anyone. With some open and honest communication between certain parties, I don't see why this couldn't happen.

I still have you on IM, but you're never on. Any chance you can log on from time to time so we can still chat on occasion? I haven't been able to really speak with you for a long time, and I miss that too.

Always your friend,
Gary

Hey, Goob!!! What IM do you use???

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 2 2006, 03:02 PM)
Steve,

I'm at somewhat of a loss here as to what to say.  I've always considered you a good friend on TRF, and you will be very sorely missed.  While I have a goodly few friends here, you were definitely among the most entertaining, so I not only enjoyed your company, but greatly enjoyed your postings.

I'm sorry that things had to come to this, and yet it seemed inevitable based on past circumstances that they would.  I'm not saying it absolutely HAD to, or that things couldn't change in the future, because I hope they do and that you're able to come back at some point, as long as things can be peaceable without struggle or heartache for anyone.  With some open and honest communication between certain parties, I don't see why this couldn't happen. 

I still have you on IM, but you're never on.  Any chance you can log on from time to time so we can still chat on occasion?  I haven't been able to really speak with you for a long time, and I miss that too.

Always your friend,
Gary

the info is on his profile, but he doesn't seem to ever be logged in these days...

ABZ....I will miss you, you crazy scot.

I swore you weren't around whe we did the last battle of the halfwits, and felt bad when i realized I didn't send you an invitation to play.

That truely was a bonehead mistake on my part.

You will remain on the Halfwits champion part of the scorecard, and are welcome to continue playing if you decide this was a dumb idea and don't leave. laugh.gif

I do not want to see you leave the boards, as I've always enjoyed your posts.

But I would be disengenuous (SIC?) if I didn't say I understand.

I don't think, after reading this thread, that anyone is really wanting to see you go, even those that know what happened.

But if you do, then: trink39.gif

And pop in and say hi when you can't stand it without us nuts anymore. wacko.gif

Good luck, my friend. cool.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 2 2006, 08:03 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 2 2006, 03:02 PM)
Steve,

I'm at somewhat of a loss here as to what to say.  I've always considered you a good friend on TRF, and you will be very sorely missed.  While I have a goodly few friends here, you were definitely among the most entertaining, so I not only enjoyed your company, but greatly enjoyed your postings.

I'm sorry that things had to come to this, and yet it seemed inevitable based on past circumstances that they would.  I'm not saying it absolutely HAD to, or that things couldn't change in the future, because I hope they do and that you're able to come back at some point, as long as things can be peaceable without struggle or heartache for anyone.  With some open and honest communication between certain parties, I don't see why this couldn't happen. 

I still have you on IM, but you're never on.  Any chance you can log on from time to time so we can still chat on occasion?  I haven't been able to really speak with you for a long time, and I miss that too.

Always your friend,
Gary

the info is on his profile, but he doesn't seem to ever be logged in these days...

Thats Cuz his "partner" Took over that S/N

& changed his PW back in April if i remember right

or maybe it was in May,

either way u get the jist of it wacko.gif

Archived