Albert Pujols Appreciation Thread

rushgoober

sadly true....for all we know with the lack of testing for it, the entire league could be on it....even if that is true, it is still dumb because of the potential health risks involved with injecting hgh and other substances into your body. it's asking for trouble, and all for fame and the almighty buck.....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stayed out of this thread since he was on the DL.

I must say that I was pretty crushed and heartbroken when he got injured. sad.gif

I love statistics and records in baseball, and while the chances of Pujols breaking all the records he was on target to break were slim, I was still so excited about it. The fact that he's lost so many games just makes the possibility of it all the more dim, and has considerably squelched my enthusiasm.

Talk to me in a month if he jumps back on the pace he was on. Otherwise, I'm just disappointed. It's not his fault, obviously, and the guy is still a magician at the plate, but I was really hoping to see one of the best seasons of all time and some cherished records obliterated by him. Maybe he can still pull it off. eh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 23 2006, 05:48 AM)

I must say that I was pretty crushed and heartbroken when he got injured. sad.gif

I love statistics and records in baseball, and while the chances of Pujols breaking all the records he was on target to break were slim, I was still so excited about it. The fact that he's lost so many games just makes the possibility of it all the more dim, and has considerably squelched my enthusiasm.

Talk to me in a month if he jumps back on the pace he was on. Otherwise, I'm just disappointed. It's not his fault, obviously, and the guy is still a magician at the plate, but I was really hoping to see one of the best seasons of all time and some cherished records obliterated by him. Maybe he can still pull it off. eh.gif

I must admit that I got my hopes up early in the season. Pujols was on maniac paces to shatter some very long-standing single season records, but then he got injured and never quite got back to where he was.

Don't get me wrong, he's having a helluva season, a typical fantastic Albert Pujols season, and that's nothing to scoff at in any way, but one of the best seasons of all time like it looked like he'd have for a little while? Sadly, no.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 23 2006, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 23 2006, 05:48 AM)

I love statistics and records in baseball, and while the chances of Pujols breaking all the records he was on target to break were slim, I was still so excited about it.  The fact that he's lost so many games just makes the possibility of it all the more dim, and has considerably squelched my enthusiasm.

Talk to me in a month if he jumps back on the pace he was on.  Otherwise, I'm just disappointed.  It's not his fault, obviously, and the guy is still a magician at the plate, but I was really hoping to see one of the best seasons of all time and some cherished records obliterated by him.  Maybe he can still pull it off.  eh.gif

I must admit that I got my hopes up early in the season. Pujols was on maniac paces to shatter some very long-standing single season records, but then he got injured and never quite got back to where he was.

Don't get me wrong, he's having a helluva season, a typical fantastic Albert Pujols season, and that's nothing to scoff at in any way, but one of the best seasons of all time like it looked like he'd have for a little while? Sadly, no.gif sad.gif

He may have come back too early. I don't think he's completely well.

Pujols has been on a tear like early in the season with 5 homers in 3 games, enough to give him YET ANOTHER great season. Hopefully next year he'll pull out one of those magic Barry Bonds silly numbers seasons and do something TRULY extraordinary, but still, he's one of the very best in the game. yes.gif

He's on pace to do the very, very rare accomplishment this year, which is to have more home runs then strike outs - 44 HR so far compared to 40 K's

Providing he gets 8 more runs and doesn't go on a major slump before all is said and done, he'll be the only player in MLB history to have at least a .310 average, 110 runs, 110 RBI's and 30+ home runs in each of his first 6 seasons. Those, my friend, are top-tier hall of fame numbers. Keep it up, Albert! 1022.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 26 2006, 05:31 PM)
It's difficult for me to get excited about another HGH freak. I got suckered before by the Sosa-McGuire scenario.

sarcasm.gif

Jeez man, it was extremely difficult to let go of my Barry Bonds hero worship. You want to rain on my Pujols parade now too??? wacko.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 8 2009, 09:01 PM)
After his bases loaded double (3 ribbies) tonight Pujols is now 8 for 10 (.800), 27 ribbies and 5 slams with the bases loaded this year.

ohmy.gif Heard about those stats, absolutely insane. It was really cool to see Pujols when I went to St. Louis!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 30 2006, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 26 2006, 05:31 PM)
It's difficult for me to get excited about another HGH freak. I got suckered before by the Sosa-McGuire scenario.

sarcasm.gif

Jeez man, it was extremely difficult to let go of my Barry Bonds hero worship. You want to rain on my Pujols parade now too??? wacko.gif

I know this post is very old, but if you're looking for a new hero, might I suggest Ken Griffey Jr.?

Dude is as clean as the wind driven snow. smile.gif

Husband is Cardinals-crazy, so it goes without saying that Pujols is closely followed here.

I have to say I really, really think this guy is clean. From what I know of him, his ethical standards are extremely high.

Awesome all-around player.

As a Yankee fan, I've spent my life entirely ignorant of the National League; they were completely under my radar. It was only recently that I woke up and said, "Hey, them freaking Cardinals are a good team to root for, eh?" Big baseball town, knowledgeable fans, long and interesting history, lots of Hall of Famers and quirky characters in their past, never very long between penants, and... they're good NOW as well as "back then"!! Pujols is the main reason they're "good NOW."

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 10 2009, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 8 2009, 08:01 PM)
After his bases loaded double (3 ribbies) tonight Pujols is now 8 for 10 (.800), 27 ribbies and 5 slams with the bases loaded this year.

That's just plain silly.

That is.

It goes to show he can deliver in big situations.

best player in the game right now yes.gif [until it comes out he shot up also] confused13.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 12 2009, 11:15 AM)
best player in the game right now yes.gif

Means that it's only a matter of time before the Yankees come pimpin' no.gif

What are we looking at, 7 years, $240 mil to finish his career in the Bronx? eh.gif

Chump change, sadly. banghead.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 12 2009, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 12 2009, 11:15 AM)
best player in the game right now yes.gif

Means that it's only a matter of time before the Yankees come pimpin' no.gif

What are we looking at, 7 years, $240 mil to finish his career in the Bronx? eh.gif

Chump change, sadly. banghead.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I hope he plays his entire career in St. Louis, a great organization with an awesome history, a big "baseball town." It'd be great if he became the face of the team for an entire generation, like Shoendienst or Musial.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 12 2009, 01:02 PM)
I hope he plays his entire career in St. Louis, a great organization with an awesome history, a big "baseball town." It'd be great if he became the face of the team for an entire generation, like Shoendienst or Musial.

Oh I agree, I think St. Louis is an infinitely better baseball town than New York is. Or Boston for that matter.

Here's to hoping that Pujols never sells out. trink39.gif