Albert Pujols Appreciation Thread

rushgoober

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 22 2010, 10:52 PM)
Damn this is a fun time of the year for baseball.

I agree, and every year I get really bummed out that just when baseball is starting to get really exciting and should be dominating the sports news, people go out of their freaking minds for the beginning of football season. and the amount of press it garners for a sport where they play one game a week seems highly disproportionate. football is ok, but i can't help thinking of it as completely barbaric compared to baseball.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides being a triple crown thread (currently 5 points down in average, leads by 3 home runs and 3 RBI's), he also could potentially win the other two major offensive categories in the national league - hits and runs - right now he's tied for first in both. Of course all of this is an outside chance, but if he stays hot for the next month, anything is possible!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2010, 05:25 AM)

I agree, and every year I get really bummed out that just when baseball is starting to get really exciting and should be dominating the sports news, people go out of their freaking minds for the beginning of football season. and the amount of press it garners for a sport where they play one game a week seems highly disproportionate. football is ok, but i can't help thinking of it as completely barbaric compared to baseball.

Football should be pushed back a month

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Aug 27 2010, 11:34 AM)

yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2010, 02:46 PM)

yes.gif

The baseball season is too long, especially when you include Spring Training.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 27 2010, 01:48 PM)

yes.gif

no.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2010, 05:03 PM)

yes.gif

no.gif

Baseball is my favorite sport, but the season is way too long. February through November is freakin' too long!!!!

Anyway, football is not played everyday, so I have no problem organizing my sports watching priorities.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 27 2010, 04:48 PM)

yes.gif

yup - football shouldnt be pushed back, baseball should be ended a month earlier. the ws now can go into november. thats just stupid.

id once like to see a colorado/minnesota ws just to see how stupid the league would look if there was a foot of freaking snow on the ground.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2010, 05:03 PM)

yes.gif

no.gif

I dont mind when it starts, but goobs, no way should it be ending in november. i would say mid october at the latest!!!