I "get" Kate Bush

Nunavuter

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Nunavuter @ Jun 22 2006, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 9 2006, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (Nunavuter @ Jun 7 2006, 09:11 PM)
Puppetking, I am convinced that EMI is about as good a marketer as Anthem.

You and I both know what that means.

Nah...at least Feedback debuted at like #19 in the US. Aerial was what, 48?

Well, yes. But Aerial has sold a million copies. It hit 300,000 copies in a week.

VT is where now?

This isn't meant as a pissing contest. It is just an illustration of how niche acts that get little support try to survive in the current music industry.

Aerials didn't scan 300,000 copies. Kate Bush probably sold more albums in the city of London than the US combined.

Although David Gilmour discovered her, Kate's music is what Redbeard aptly put on The Pretenders Learning to Crawl episode "too weird".

kate rules! hooked since i saw her on SNL circa '77 or '78. stop delaying and just buy the box set "This Woman's Work" with all her albums prior to The Red Shoes plus two cd's of unreleased stuff (then get The Whole Story, The Red Shoes and Aerial). hey nuna! see you in 10 days!

QUOTE (circumstances1 @ Jul 3 2006, 01:22 PM)
hey nuna! see you in 10 days!

laugh.gif Last year at RushCon Nuna invited MitA and me over and played his old Kate Bush VHS tape for us, and wouldn't let us leave until we vowed allegiance.

I'll add some love. Kate Bush is an amazing artist with an incredible sense of melody, harmony and rhythm. Her music is timeless. I love Kate Bush. wub.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (Nunavuter @ Mar 10 2006, 08:21 AM)
Who could not be moved by Cloudbusting or the minimalism techno of Running Up That Hill?

Who could not go into genital meltdown upon seeing the live concert footage at Hammersmith Odeon in 1979?

Kate Bush, my friends, is the mother of Bjork, Sarah McLachlin and all the female singer-songwriters who followed.

Discuss.

cosmo.gif

But still the daughter to Joni Mitchell. trink39.gif wink.gif

I'm actually a big Tori Amos fan myself.

I think she's brilliant. The Kick Inside is amazing considering how young she was and how fully realized it was. My Favorite run of albums from her are Never for Ever through Hounds of Love. Her recent one is great if a tad bloated.

Mick