Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 15 2009, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 15 2009, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (yyzyy @ Aug 15 2009, 02:23 AM)
Alright...just got back from the show and here let me tell you a little bit about the show...first the setlist...

A Nightmare to Remember
A Rite of Passage
Hollow Years
Keyboard Solo
Erotomania
Voices
Forsaken
Take the Time
--------------------
THE CAMERA EYE
The Count of Tuscany

Oh boy...were we treated to something special tonight in Toronto.  Mike Portnoy mentioned how the NYC show was going to be something special...but all they got was dweezil to jam with them on Metropolis.  Toronto got an extra 15mins of music WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE A RUSH COVER!!!

I F***ING FREAKED!!  The second they came on for the encore and I heard the first 2 notes that Rudess played...I'm like "NO F***ING WAY!!!!!!!!" I, along with 7,000 other people, went MENTAL

The crowd wasn't as rowdy as the 2007 Systematic Chaos Tour was, but still pretty decent.  I went mental throughout the whole show and the second they finished playing The Camera Eye I was like, "Incredible...but that means no Count of Tuscany".  But 6 seconds later I hear the heavenly notes of the intro and it literally brought tears to me eyes.  What an awesome experience tonight was and THANK YOU DREAM THEATER FOR A VERY SPECIAL EVENING

Props to Scale the Summit, Bigelf & Zappa Plays Zappa!

1022.gif DREAM THEATER

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

fists crying.gif WE REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED TO GET OUR PASSPORTS fists crying.gif

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

WOW!!! What a treat.

Tortoise 1287.gif

Holy crap ! ohmy.gif

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeUrGg-qeEw

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 15 2009, 03:42 PM)
Sweet Zombie Jesus........

WOW....... WOW... lucky yyzyy, Phil.......... you lucky bastards!

angry.gif Always, . . . Always, . . . Always Toronto!!!!!!! rage.gif

tongue.gif

No really, we're sooooooooo glad that yyzyy and Phil had a WICKED AWESOME experience. This is a story to tell for a lifetime!!! notworthy.gif

I think I would have climbed up onto Tortoise's bandana and swung on a few light fixtures!!!!

In fact, my whole family would've freaked!!!!

Agent By-Tor has been playin' the YouTubes all day!!! Thanks for the links!!!

1022.gif common001.gif trink39.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

bumper.gif

Hey!!! . . . .

Aren't there any TRF's in Western Canada and Western U.S. who are going to the PROG 09 Tour?!?!?

Interesting . . . . but, very sad!!!

This is THE tour to see this year - - YEAH!!

1022.gif common001.gif 1022.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 18 2009, 02:21 PM)
Wow, DT is getting some attention on the main forum.... alot of bashing over the TCE cover.

Yeah . . . apparently we have a lot of mind-readers who have THE true and accurate AND definitive analysis of DT's sinister cover-song intentions.

Portnoy's plotting to take over the world by sending subliminal messages through LaBrie's "irritating" vocals. Myung and Rudess, oblivious to the conspiracy plot, are being used as unwitting pawns by lulling everyone into a trance. And Petrucci's changing up the timing and the rhythm enough to pulsate through the tinfoil so that NO ONE's SAFE!!!

wacko.gif

eyesre4.gif

Anyway . . . T & I are saving our pennies for DT/Spring!!! We need a bigger budget for when Tick and Metaldad get their really great ideas!!!!

YEAH!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif common001.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 18 2009, 03:00 PM)
Wow, DT is getting some attention on the main forum....  alot of bashing over the TCE cover.

Yeah . . . apparently we have a lot of mind-readers who have THE true and accurate AND definitive analysis of DT's sinister cover-song intentions.

Portnoy's plotting to take over the world by sending subliminal messages through LaBrie's "irritating" vocals. Myung and Rudess, oblivious to the conspiracy plot, are being used as unwitting pawns by lulling everyone into a trance. And Petrucci's changing up the timing and the rhythm enough to pulsate through the tinfoil so that NO ONE's SAFE!!!

wacko.gif

eyesre4.gif

Anyway . . . T & I are saving our pennies for DT/Spring!!! We need a bigger budget for when Tick and Metaldad get their really great ideas!!!!

YEAH!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

How did you gain access to the secret document ? ohmy.gif

atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 18 2009, 01:03 PM)
Wow, DT is getting some attention on the main forum....  alot of bashing over the TCE cover.

wacko.gif

eyesre4.gif

YEAH!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

atickhum.gif

I'm guessing Myung-esk... super sleuth abilites.

Myung lives a double life as a bass playing ninja, and as recruited Hare.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 18 2009, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 18 2009, 01:03 PM)

wacko.gif

eyesre4.gif

YEAH!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

atickhum.gif

I'm guessing Myung-esk... super sleuth abilites.

Myung lives a double life as a bass playing ninja, and as recruited Hare.

unsure.gif Hey guys . . . . Keep it on the D.L., wouldcha?!?!? wink.gif

I'm short! I can easily sneak up under the armpits . . . *cough, AHEM* . . . ummmmmmmm . . . radar, . . . that's right, . . . radar!!!

No one ever suspects a crazy little ole' grandma like myself!!! tongue.gif

rofl3.gif common001.gif z7shysterical.gif

EPIC DRAMA TODAY, eh?!?!?!?

laugh.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 19 2009, 07:33 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooamp1Y3isg

Interesting variation on this week's TRF theme, Tickmeister!!! atickhum.gif

z7shysterical.gif

. . . and hey, these kids are pretty good!!!

1022.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

On a side note

Has anyone heard anything about when the New Transatlantic album is supposed to be coming out? I know it's recorded, I know it's "planned" for 2009, but no other news has been heard since April....

I'd imagine that the mixing is being done right now.... or are they holding off until Portnoy can be apart of the finalizing? That might be a while since DT is on tour until mid-December.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 20 2009, 03:23 PM)
On a side note

Has anyone heard anything about when the New Transatlantic album is supposed to be coming out? I know it's recorded, I know it's "planned" for 2009, but no other news has been heard since April....

I'd imagine that the mixing is being done right now.... or are they holding off until Portnoy can be apart of the finalizing? That might be a while since DT is on tour until mid-December.

I heard from MP.com, the end of the year it would be released. I don't think any other info has been given

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 20 2009, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 20 2009, 03:23 PM)
On a side note

Has anyone heard anything about when the New Transatlantic album is supposed to be coming out?  I know it's recorded, I know it's "planned" for 2009, but no other news has been heard since April....

I'd imagine that the mixing is being done right now.... or are they holding off until Portnoy can be apart of the finalizing?  That might be a while since DT is on tour until mid-December.

I heard from MP.com, the end of the year it would be released. I don't think any other info has been given

Tick, when they go on tour and they will. the beers will be on ice and waiting

trink39.gif

Australia and NZ tour dates. After not coming down here for 20 years, this will be their second visit in 18 months.

DREAM THEATER

(with Special Guests TBA)

Date Location Venue

Tue Dec 01, 2009 Auckland Civic Theatre

Thu Dec 03, 2009 Brisbane Convention Centre

Sat Dec 05, 2009 Sydney Hordern Pavilion

Mon Dec 07, 2009 Melbourne Palais Theatre

Wed Dec 09, 2009 Adelaide Thebarton Theatre

Sat Dec 12, 2009 Perth Metro City

Wouldn't it just be the most ridiculously exciting event, if Prog 9 added one more little show in - - say - - Connecticut - - at the end of the tour?!?!?

If Portnoy was truly SERIOUS about sparkin'-up the CT fans, this would be a perfect opportunity!

b_sigh.gif

Just a little fantasy on a hot summer afternoon to avoid prepping for school next week!

laugh.gif yes.gif laugh.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 25 2009, 01:50 PM)
Wouldn't it just be the most ridiculously exciting event, if Prog 9 added one more little show in - - say - - Connecticut - - at the end of the tour?!?!?

If Portnoy was truly SERIOUS about sparkin'-up the CT fans, this would be a perfect opportunity!

b_sigh.gif
Just a little fantasy on a hot summer afternoon to avoid prepping for school next week!

laugh.gif yes.gif laugh.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Realistically, I hope they do CT again come next spring. That would make me happy ! atickhum.gif

Tick, they will most likley be playing different cities when they come back through on the actual BC&SL tour in the spring.....

I am hoping to be in Austin by then and see them in either Austin, Houston, San Antonio, or Dallas.... any of those locale would be drivable for me...

That is if I am down there by next spring... I hope so.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 25 2009, 03:09 PM)
Tick, they will most likley be playing different cities when they come back through on the actual BC&SL tour in the spring.....

I am hoping to be in Austin by then and see them in either Austin, Houston, San Antonio, or Dallas.... any of those locale would be drivable for me...

Maybe so Owl, but you have to understand I live in Connecticut, which is part of the tri state area. They have to play somewhere near me. I'm an hour and a half from N.Y.C. and Two and a half hours from Boston. There is a possibility they may skip CT, but a very good chance they will play it again.

One thing is for sure, they will play some east coast dates so worst case scenario, I have to drive a couple hours.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 25 2009, 01:25 PM)

Maybe so Owl, but you have to understand I live in Connecticut, which is part of the tri state area. They have to play somewhere near me. I'm an hour and a half from N.Y.C. and Two and a half hours from Boston. There is a possibility they may skip CT, but a very good chance they will play it again.

One thing is for sure, they will play some east coast dates so worst case scenario, I have to drive a couple hours.

What About Atlantic City........ How far is that from you?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 25 2009, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 25 2009, 01:25 PM)

What About Atlantic City........ How far is that from you?

It's 4 hours away. Way down the Jersey shore. They will definitely play somewhere close to me. They wont skip the entire tri state area.