The Domestic Diva Thread

sullysue

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure my face read, "Look here, lady. I'm tired. My kids are driving me nuts. And I haven't showered. Are you ready to die, right here and now, or what?" She pointed at my shoulder, I looked, and I had a dish towel still draped over my shoulder. unsure.gif We both laughed really hard, and she said, "I have four kids. I know how it is." As I was walking away, she grabbed my arm and said, "Honey, you really need a vacation," and turned my attention to my rear end, where a perfect baby handprint in grape jelly lie on the left bun of my white shorts. Swell.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Sounds like a hectic day!! I've been known to be a little absent-minded too laugh.gif However, I bet you're a great mother yes.gif

Oh, and I'll never come to Fort Worth again without calling you...promise!!

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

sounds like you had a hell of a day...but as i'm being told daily

"don't take life to seriously" I love tylenol pm... they are a great way to get some well deserved sleep.

by the way... smile.gif i've read back to the beginning of this thread and you sound like a wonderful mom.. 653.gif

i hope the rest of your week gets better....

QUOTE (Daylin @ Apr 21 2006, 12:47 PM)
bekloppt.gif SS,

You give new meaning to the phrase "It's just one of those days." tongue.gif

Hopefully, the rest of your week has been less eventful! wink.gif laugh.gif

cosmo.gif

bekloppt.gif

Thanks, Lin. Yeah, the rest of the week's been boring in comparison. Thank God! laugh.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Apr 19 2006, 10:30 PM)
z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif << Laughing WITH you SS, WITH YOU.

("This is not my van......") OMFG

I've almost done this! I've put my keys in some one elses door and stood there fiddling with it because it wouldn't open! I can relate sister! cosmo.gif

Awesome story Sully. I was laughing out loud. I have tried to open someones elses car with my keys, but I haven't actually got in the wrong car. CLASSIC!!

You deserve a drink at Rushcon for that one. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Dec 23 2005, 09:12 PM)
I know I'm not probably welcome in here, but I gotta get something off my chest....

QUOTE (SullySue)

I'd like to keep this thread open for my fellow divas..... to ..... keep each other pumped!

QUOTE (GhostGirl)
Hell, give me an apron, some heels and pearls to wear while I vacuum...I'm a happy gal.

This thread started off smokin' assed hot. drool1.gif

What the f*** happened? comp26.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I don't know, SS, but if anyone else would like to join our little club, taking a stand against our "pansy cream sierra ale" beer drinking members, they are welcome to use the banner.

Do we need a subforum, Sully?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Apr 25 2006, 11:20 PM)
I don't know, SS, but if anyone else would like to join our little club, taking a stand against our "pansy cream sierra ale" beer drinking members, they are welcome to use the banner.

Do we need a subforum, Sully?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Well, Christ. I was trying to be subtle. sarcasm.gif

But, yes. Let's. yes.gif

(Let me know when to duck and cover... scared.gif )

It's a long weekend, my kids AND husband are down in Conroe visiting the in-laws, and I am one happy and relaxed mamma!

I've spent the day with R30 and Rush in Rio playing full-blast while I've been cleaning the house and doing laundry. I wanted to get all the "domestic" crap out of the way so I can have the rest of the weekend to be lazy and such.

"But, aren't you lonely, Sully?" you might ask. No. I have Jules Verne, Joyce Carol Oates and the lovely and talented Mr. Peart all standing in line to keep me company. I FINALLY have the opportunity to read for hours on end instead of in 5 minute increments.

I have a nice bottle of Robert Mondavi Cabernet (1997) and a 12-pack of these:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/img1031960832.jpg

(So, if I show up here later being surly and not making sense, cut me a break, will ya'? tongue.gif )

I'm going to have a nice, quiet dinner with my mom. Then, I'm going to come home and watch the Pistons/Miami game in peace.

I figure that by tomorrow night I'll start jonesing for the kids. So, I'm going to enjoy this break while I have the chance.

(And to any weirdos with weird ideas, I got really paranoid last night and put the ax by the front door. Don't ask. wacko.gif But, I won't hesitate to use it!!!! 1287.gif )

653.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 27 2006, 10:26 PM)

(And to any weirdos with weird ideas, I got really paranoid last night and put the ax by the front door. Don't ask.  wacko.gif But, I won't hesitate to use it!!!!  1287.gif )

653.gif

laugh.gif I used to keep a cleaver under the mattress laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 27 2006, 04:26 PM)
It's a long weekend, my kids AND husband are down in Conroe visiting the in-laws, and I am one happy and relaxed mamma!

I've spent the day with R30 and Rush in Rio playing full-blast while I've been cleaning the house and doing laundry. I wanted to get all the "domestic" crap out of the way so I can have the rest of the weekend to be lazy and such.

"But, aren't you lonely, Sully?" you might ask. No. I have Jules Verne, Joyce Carol Oates and the lovely and talented Mr. Peart all standing in line to keep me company. I FINALLY have the opportunity to read for hours on end instead of in 5 minute increments.

(So, if I show up here later being surly and not making sense, cut me a break, will ya'? tongue.gif )

I'm going to have a nice, quiet dinner with my mom. Then, I'm going to come home and watch the Pistons/Miami game in peace.

I figure that by tomorrow night I'll start jonesing for the kids. So, I'm going to enjoy this break while I have the chance.

(And to any weirdos with weird ideas, I got really paranoid last night and put the ax by the front door. Don't ask. wacko.gif But, I won't hesitate to use it!!!! 1287.gif )

653.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif spit6ph.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ May 27 2006, 10:43 PM)

(And to any weirdos with weird ideas, I got really paranoid last night and put the ax by the front door. Don't ask.  wacko.gif But, I won't hesitate to use it!!!!  1287.gif )

653.gif

laugh.gif I also put the pellet rifle by the bed. Locked and loaded! I figured a high velocity pellet to the crotch would stop any intruder in his tracks.

I'm jealous. biggrin.gif

(About the time to yourself, not the high-class weaponry. laugh.gif)

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 28 2006, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ May 27 2006, 10:43 PM)

653.gif

laugh.gif I also put the pellet rifle by the bed. Locked and loaded! I figured a high velocity pellet to the crotch would stop any intruder in his tracks.

Capital idea! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 28 2006, 02:33 PM)
I'm jealous. biggrin.gif

(About the time to yourself, not the high-class weaponry. laugh.gif)

Oh, come on, GG. There's nothing like swinging an ax at invisible boogie men! I've had the major creeps all weekend. scared.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 27 2006, 04:26 PM)

653.gif

Wow, you're so lucky. I would just love to have a nice long weekend like that. All by myself. I'd be doing just what you're doing and maybe have my girlfriend over to share some cosmo.gif

But definately blasting the 2.gif common001.gif

Enjoy your time to yourself, you lucky girl. I'm sure it's well deserved! yes.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Two hours ago I put my ENTIRE family on a plane to New Jersey. I'm a little freaked out now since I see that the terrorist alert is at "Elevated." I know, I know. But, my three kids, my husband and my in-laws all on one plane at the same time right now makes me nervous. (Ok, so the in-laws I can do without sometimes, but I don't want them to die, for God's sake. Not today, anyway.) I told my husband to call me as soon as they landed, just to keep me from losing my mind.

So, I'm headed to Austin this weekend for a PTA conference. Oh, joy. sarcasm.gif Come to find out, though, some of these chicks are SERIOUS party animals! 653.gif One thing that is making me uneasy about this weekend is that the person I'm sharing a hotel room with is... um... how do I put this? ultra religious. For the record, I'm not. scared.gif So, I figure one of two things may happen by the end of the weekend: She'll petition to have my Presidency revoked, or she'll order an exorcism. Either way, I'll fight it till the end! 1287.gif

Cygnalschick and I are supposed to meet up on 6th Street Friday night for a drinky-poo or two. I'll have pics Monday. Hopefully, they won't be too incriminating. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 20 2006, 07:51 AM)
Two hours ago I put my ENTIRE family on a plane to New Jersey. I'm a little freaked out now since I see that the terrorist alert is at "Elevated." I know, I know. But, my three kids, my husband and my in-laws all on one plane at the same time right now makes me nervous. (Ok, so the in-laws I can do without sometimes, but I don't want them to die, for God's sake. Not today, anyway.) I told my husband to call me as soon as they landed, just to keep me from losing my mind.

So, I'm headed to Austin this weekend for a PTA conference. Oh, joy. sarcasm.gif Come to find out, though, some of these chicks are SERIOUS party animals! 653.gif One thing that is making me uneasy about this weekend is that the person I'm sharing a hotel room with is... um... how do I put this? ultra religious. For the record, I'm not. scared.gif So, I figure one of two things may happen by the end of the weekend: She'll petition to have my Presidency revoked, or she'll order an exorcism. Either way, I'll fight it till the end! 1287.gif

Cygnalschick and I are supposed to meet up on 6th Street Friday night for a drinky-poo or two. I'll have pics Monday. Hopefully, they won't be too incriminating. ph34r.gif

Have a good time Sully! laugh.gif

Archived