The Domestic Diva Thread

sullysue

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Dec 23 2005, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 23 2005, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (Trance @ Dec 23 2005, 07:08 PM)
ohmy.gif

You are one brave lady, my friend.

Have about 10 of these  laugh.gif 

cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif

wacko.gif

Oh just make that an even dozen laugh.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

Me, Trance and Rolinda will help ya drink them tongue.gif

thassa great idea, Daylin! *hic* biggrin.gif

I secon dat! *hic*

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 08:21 PM)
ohmy.gif

wacko.gif

I secon dat! *hic*

I fifty it!!!! I mean. . . . <hic>. . .uh. . . yeah!!! WOOOO!! laugh.gif trink39.gif cosmo.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Dec 23 2005, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 08:21 PM)
ohmy.gif

wacko.gif

I secon dat! *hic*

I fifty it!!!! I mean. . . . <hic>. . .uh. . . yeah!!! WOOOO!! laugh.gif trink39.gif cosmo.gif

Hail hail the gangs all here......hic wink.gif

wut wir weee talkn bout...hic hic hic laugh.gif tongue.gif

Hey, after a long day and all of those cosmo.gif , I think we all deserve to get a little jiggy...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/AL10.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/peart2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/geddy_lee_sub0_xl.jpg

common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif *hic* common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif *burp* unsure.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 10:16 PM)
Hey, after a long day and all of those cosmo.gif , I think we all deserve to get a little jiggy...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/AL10.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/peart2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/geddy_lee_sub0_xl.jpg

common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif *hic* common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif *burp* unsure.gif

I like the way you think! 653.gif common001.gif cheer.gif 1022.gif

*hic* wink.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Dec 23 2005, 09:58 PM)
wait, wait, wait...somebody call GG cosmo.gif NeilFinal.gif

Present and accounted for! biggrin.gif

Gimme one of them there cosmos...

cosmo.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 23 2005, 11:20 PM)
wait, wait, wait...somebody call GG  cosmo.gif  NeilFinal.gif

cosmo.gif

No, no, girlfriend... you have some catching up to do! *hic* ohmy.gif 'scuse me!

cosmo.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

There ya go!

Oh... wait!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/peart7.jpg

How are you, Belle?

653.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 10:25 PM)

cosmo.gif

No, no, girlfriend... you have some catching up to do! *hic* ohmy.gif 'scuse me!

There ya go!

Oh... wait!

How are you, Belle?

653.gif

Mercy. Cosmos and my favorite guy/drummer/author...now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about. wink.gif

Suddenly I'm much better. biggrin.gif

I've been in "it's-almost-Christmas-haven't-finished-everything" mode all day, and I'm worn out. Plus my teeth that are awaiting root canals are making me want to grab the pliers and extract them myself... angry.gif

Thanks for including me in the girls gathering, sisters. wub.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 23 2005, 11:33 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 10:25 PM)

cosmo.gif

There ya go!

Oh... wait!

How are you, Belle?

653.gif

Mercy. Cosmos and my favorite guy/drummer/author...now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about. wink.gif

Suddenly I'm much better. biggrin.gif

I've been in "it's-almost-Christmas-haven't-finished-everything" mode all day, and I'm worn out. Plus my teeth that are awaiting root canals are making me want to grab the pliers and extract them myself... angry.gif

Thanks for including me in the girls gathering, sisters. wub.gif

GG, you need a few more....they are on me wink.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

Whooo Hooo!! You go SS !!!

I'm not a diva, but do full time single dads count? There's no mom in the picture except by phone.

I know what you are gong through SS.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 24 2005, 12:01 AM)
Whooo Hooo!! You go SS !!!

I'm not a diva, but do full time single dads count? There's no mom in the picture except by phone.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

I don't "gong" a lot, but digi.... you are a diva! Here, sweetie... cosmo.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 09:14 PM)
Whooo Hooo!!  You go SS !!!

I'm not a diva, but do full time single dads count?  There's no mom in the picture except by phone.

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Thanks for letting me in your club, and for the drink.

You ladies kick A** !!

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 24 2005, 12:20 AM)

I'm not a diva, but do full time single dads count?  There's no mom in the picture except by phone.

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

You ladies kick A** !!

Seriously, S., I have all the respect in the world for you. It takes a special man to accept what you're taking on. Your kids will be incredibly successful with your influence behind them! And, then there's Sunny, of course! 653.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 09:30 PM)

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

You ladies kick A** !!

Seriously, S., I have all the respect in the world for you. It takes a special man to accept what you're taking on. Your kids will be incredibly successful with your influence behind them! And, then there's Sunny, of course! 653.gif

Thanks, S. That means a lot. I appreciate it very much. Sunny is pretty awesome, eh?

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 24 2005, 12:33 AM)

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

You ladies kick A** !!

Thanks, S. That means a lot. I appreciate it very much. Sunny is pretty awesome, eh?

Yup! Power couple. You two look perfect together. Like you were meant to be together. smile.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 24 2005, 12:33 AM)

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

You ladies kick A** !!

Yup! Power couple. You two look perfect together. Like you were meant to be together. smile.gif

Thank you, Sully. We feel the same way. We clicked immediately, there was never any of that nervousness/hesitation when you first meet someone.

Congrats on being self-employed, that is awesome. That is a great step forward for you & your kids. Good luck to you.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

Day Six:

My two older kids are at their grandparents' place in Conroe for the week. So, it's just me and the little one. This is so cool. We slept until 9:30 this morning. biggrin.gif (I did feel guilty for that, but what the hell?) I ran the washing machine first thing, only to have it spray sudsy water all over my laundry room. So, it's dead. Awwww. Too bad. sad.gif Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you want to look at it) the repair man can be here by 9:00 tomorrow morning. So, I guess we won't be sleeping in. confused13.gif I spent a good part of today putting together toys from Christmas. I'm not very good at this, so I got a little frustrated. I think I may have inadvertently taught Sera some "new words." oops.gif But, it's all good, and I'm not stressed out. If trying to figure out how to insert part A into the conveniently missing part Z and a possessed washing machine is as bad as it gets in one day, I'm one happy camper. 653.gif

Proof that things get weird when people get desperate:

I got a call from one of my kid's classmate's mom on Friday, and since we've been casual friends for about three years I thought nothing of her calling. That is, until she told me the reason for her call. "We'd like you to be President of the PTA." Um. What? scared.gif (Clarification for my friends outside the U.S., the PTA is the Parent/Teacher Association.)

A few things immediately crossed my mind: First off, this woman is clearly either stoned or drunk. The second thought was, "Don't laugh until you hang up." Third, I must be the last stay-at-home Mom left in the school. yes.gif

But, over the weekend after talking about it with my mom and my hubby, I guess I'm going to do it. The first order of business is for me to actually JOIN the PTA. (Yeah, that might help. sarcasm.gif ) Next is to have them run a background check on me. ohmy.gif

So, now I must be the one who is stoned. What am I doing? fing.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 6 2006, 11:19 AM)
good luck

i could never do that
i'd end up punching out half the PTA

I think that's the Hospitality Committee's responsibility. Too bad you're so far away. sad.gif I'd enlist you.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 6 2006, 11:19 AM)
good luck

i could never do that
i'd end up punching out half the PTA

rofl3.gif wink.gif

ss, you made me lol when you described what was going through your mind during the phone call! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Although I don't know you personally, I feel from knowing you here you will be a great president of the PTA! yes.gif It will be a lot of work and take up lots of your time but you will do a wonderful job! biggrin.gif

With the help of lots of these cosmo.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

Good luck to you! rose.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 6 2006, 09:09 AM)

I got a call from one of my kid's classmate's mom on Friday, and since we've been casual friends for about three years I thought nothing of her calling. That is, until she told me the reason for her call. "We'd like you to be President of the PTA." Um. What?  scared.gif  (Clarification for my friends outside the U.S., the PTA is the Parent/Teacher Association.)

A few things immediately crossed my mind: First off, this woman is clearly either stoned or drunk. The second thought was, "Don't laugh until you hang up." Third, I must be the last stay-at-home Mom left in the school.  yes.gif

But, over the weekend after talking about it with my mom and my hubby, I guess I'm going to do it. The first order of business is for me to actually JOIN the PTA. (Yeah, that might help.  sarcasm.gif ) Next is to have them run a background check on me. ohmy.gif

So, now I must be the one who is stoned. What am I doing?  fing.gif

All I keep thinking is Harper Valley PTA. ph34r.gif unsure.gif cool.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 6 2006, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 6 2006, 09:09 AM)

I got a call from one of my kid's classmate's mom on Friday, and since we've been casual friends for about three years I thought nothing of her calling. That is, until she told me the reason for her call. "We'd like you to be President of the PTA." Um. What?  scared.gif  (Clarification for my friends outside the U.S., the PTA is the Parent/Teacher Association.)

A few things immediately crossed my mind: First off, this woman is clearly either stoned or drunk. The second thought was, "Don't laugh until you hang up." Third, I must be the last stay-at-home Mom left in the school.  yes.gif

But, over the weekend after talking about it with my mom and my hubby, I guess I'm going to do it. The first order of business is for me to actually JOIN the PTA. (Yeah, that might help.  sarcasm.gif ) Next is to have them run a background check on me. ohmy.gif

So, now I must be the one who is stoned. What am I doing?  fing.gif

All I keep thinking is Harper Valley PTA. ph34r.gif unsure.gif cool.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif Holy Tamale! That's what the neighbors started singing when I told them. I reminded them that their kids all go to this school. Their expressions turned to dismay and fear. 653.gif Oh, boy. Is this going to be fun! laugh.gif

And, thanks Lin! cosmo.gif

I have to tell ya'll about my day yesterday. You girls ever have one of those days when you swear your stuck in an episode from "I Love Lucy?" That was yesterday. I've been going through a bout of insomnia. It happens time to time, and I become a brain dead moron. More so than usual. wacko.gif

The day started with my two oldest, Patrick and Savannah, waking up with a weird rash. So, I went for the cortisone cream and the Benadril to ease the itching and try to clear it up before calling the doctor. I gave each of them a dose of the antihistamine and then started rubbing the ointment on them, Patrick first. Then, Savannah. She looked at me like, "Are you nuts?" and said ,"Mom! That's diaper cream." sarcasm.gif So, I wiped that off (which made their rash even worse) and found the cortisone. All good, right? No....

I kept them home from school, because I wasn't sure what it was and the P.A. at the doc's office said it could be contagious, keep them home and see what happens overnight. I was due at my mothers' to help her do some housework, so we all went over there. She told me she had put some Pine Sol in the toilets and not to use any other cleaning stuff in them. OK. So, five minutes later I went in and poured a ton of Comet in the guest bathroom toilet and almost passed out! WTF? I staggered downstairs, and my Mom said, "You still don't listen, do you?" dazed025.gif

We finished at my mom's, we went home, and I made the kids peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch. Then, it was off to the grocery store. I made it quick, since I only needed a few things and the kids were asking for everything in sight. I made it to the check out almost unscathed, when the checker asked, "Is that the new look for Spring?" I'm sure my face read, "Look here, lady. I'm tired. My kids are driving me nuts. And I haven't showered. Are you ready to die, right here and now, or what?" She pointed at my shoulder, I looked, and I had a dish towel still draped over my shoulder. unsure.gif We both laughed really hard, and she said, "I have four kids. I know how it is." As I was walking away, she grabbed my arm and said, "Honey, you really need a vacation," and turned my attention to my rear end, where a perfect baby handprint in grape jelly lie on the left bun of my white shorts. Swell.

Tom got home at around 6:00 and I realized that I had forgotten to buy milk. He was exhausted from work sarcasm.gif , so I headed back to the store. I got the milk and went out to the parking lot to my van. I got in, put the key in, and the damned thing wouldn't start. That was the final straw. I lost it. I pounded the steering wheel, cussed and almost started crying when I realized, "This is not my van." I slunk out of THAT van, found mine, went home, told Tom I was having a psychotic episode, took a Tylenol PM, and went to bed for a good night of sleep. schla03.gif

True story.

Some days I'm so Lucy. The rest of the time, if I'm lucky, I'm Ethel. laugh.gif

Archived