The Domestic Diva Thread

sullysue

Today was my last day at the nightmare I've called a job for the past year. I'm going back to working from home freelancing and taking tender loving care of my family. I tried working for someone else. It sucked. Bosses are evil. Now, I'll have time to plow through that 10-foot-tall pile of laundry, cook elaborate meals for my family and re-establish my client base. I'm stressing a bit, though. Being a domestic diva isn't easy. However, I've learned that I can't ever, ever work for someone else again. Being my own boss is the best scenario for me and for my family. I'd like to keep this thread open for my fellow divas, at-home or not, to vent our daily frustrations and keep each other pumped! I like the scene in "Spanglish" when Tia Leoni says, "So, now, I'm a stay-at-home Mom. Gulp," and her daughter retorts with, "Double gulp!"

Oh, and I have all this extra time to bug you guys! 1022.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you, Stace! I'd love to find a way to work from home...I like being domestic. Really, I do! I love to cook and stuff. Hell, give me an apron, some heels and pearls to wear while I vacuum...I'm a happy gal.

z7shysterical.gif

Seriously, enjoy your family, and I wish you great good luck with getting re-established in your freelancing. wub.gif

Sully!!! Thats so awesome!! I so enjoyed being a stay at home mom, it was a challenge, but so wonderful too. The only sucky part was when the ex came home!! laugh.gif How wonderful for you!!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 21 2005, 10:55 PM)
Thanks, goils! It's going to be a challenge, for sure. But, I'm excited.

GG... Just an apron, pearls, high heels and a vaccum? Hummmm. That's a business idea in and of itself!  laugh.gif

You go Sue trink39.gif ...

Ruts of Ruck to ya Goil! wink.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 21 2005, 09:55 PM)
Thanks, goils! It's going to be a challenge, for sure. But, I'm excited.

GG... Just an apron, pearls, high heels and a vaccum? Hummmm. That's a business idea in and of itself! laugh.gif

rofl3.gif Guess I didn't word that exactly right, now did I?

tongue.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/mayi.gif

i run a business from my home...

i'm not very much of a domestic diva per say...

but i do love the advantages of working from home..... yes.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 22 2005, 06:13 AM)
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/mayi.gif
i run a business from my home...
i'm not very much of a domestic diva per say...
but i do love the advantages of working from home..... yes.gif

Hmmm...I really need to do something along these lines...

*Think, think....*

QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 22 2005, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 22 2005, 05:56 PM)
Day One:

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0067.gif

laugh.gif

You always have something funny to say or in this case 'mime' tongue.gif laugh.gif

Have a couple of these cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

rose.gif

tongue.gif

This one day has been very sobering. So, thanks for the drinkie-poo's!

For you, Lin... cosmo.gif

Day Two:

2 1/2-year-old has lice. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Her sister had it a month ago. I finally figured out from where the infestation originated when I met their friend's mangy, stinky, barfy-looking dog, Mutley. sarcasm.gif I also invited myself over to talk to their mom. I walked into this house, and..... 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif I seriously almost gagged. No more playing over there, and their kids will not be permitted in our house until their heads have been shaven. So, I get everyone packed into the car so I can get medicated shampoo. But, I can't find my keys. Where the hell are my keys? I'm obsessive about keeping them in a particular place in my purse. I'm scratching my head, thinking I'm losing my mind. So, I call my husband. "Oh, yeah. I took the van last night. I can't remember where I left the keys. I have to go." Click. angry.gif Thanks. Thanks a lot. Unpack everyone from the car and head to the drug store on foot, with the baby in the stroller and the two older ones in tow, pissing and moaning the whole way. We finally get back, and I get to work ridding the baby's head of its nasty new inhabitants. She does not like having her hair washed and uses the fact that she is wet and slippery to slide from my grasp and take off out of the tub and the bathroom at the speed of light. I should point out here that the package says in big red letters, "Do not get in eyes. If product get in eyes, rinse thoroughly and call doctor immediately." Great. Screaming, infested baby with poison in her eyes. I managed to get the shampoo out of her eyes and call the doctor. The PA said as long as I got the stuff out of her eyes and she doesn't develop any other symptoms, she should be OK. The next task... using those little combs to get the dead things and eggs and shit out of her hair, one square inch of hair at a time. On a two-year-old. A two-year-old who just had her eyes poisoned. So, I do what any smart mom would. I put a big bag of candy in front of her, turned on the three-hour SpongeBob DVD, and went to work.

It's only the second day. I must have pissed someone off good to have my karma effected like this. wacko.gif

What am I doing here again? unsure.gif

ohmy.gif

You are one brave lady, my friend.

Have about 10 of these laugh.gif

cosmo.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

I can recall as a child having lice picked out of my hair. . . that was nearly 15 years ago. One would think they'd have come up with a better mechanism for it by now! ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Dec 23 2005, 07:08 PM)
ohmy.gif

Have about 10 of these laugh.gif

cosmo.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

I can recall as a child having lice picked out of my hair. . . that was nearly 15 years ago. One would think they'd have come up with a better mechanism for it by now! ph34r.gif

cosmo.gif

Those combs have microscopic spaces between the teeth, so dragging the hair through them is very much like torture to a little kid. And, my girls have very tender scalps. It sucks! I'd like to choke the crap out of that mom! Her next door neighbor said that the three kids have gone for weeks with the lice, and the mom told her that they were having an allergic reaction to a new shampoo. But, this neighbor babysat them on Wednesday and checked their heads out. She said that she called the mom, told her that they were crawling with lice and that the mom needed to come pick them up immediately. She didn't think the mom has done anything about it yet. You never know about people until you talk to the little old lady who lives next door, eh? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Dec 23 2005, 07:38 PM)
My dad jokes that the best way to get rid of lice is to shave a strip down the middle of your head. Then light the rest of your hair on fire, and when the little critters run into the bald strip, stab them with an ice pick. unsure.gif

ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Dec 23 2005, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Dec 23 2005, 07:38 PM)
My dad jokes that the best way to get rid of lice is to shave a strip down the middle of your head.  Then light the rest of your hair on fire, and when the little critters run into the bald strip, stab them with an ice pick.  unsure.gif

ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

rofl3.gif I told Sera we were going to shave her head, and she said, "OK!" tongue.gif

Oh, and by the way. My husband had my keys in his truck the whole time. pokey.gif

I know I'm not probably welcome in here, but I gotta get something off my chest....

QUOTE (SullySue)

I'd like to keep this thread open for my fellow divas..... to ..... keep each other pumped!

QUOTE (GhostGirl)
Hell, give me an apron, some heels and pearls to wear while I vacuum...I'm a happy gal.

This thread started off smokin' assed hot. drool1.gif

What the f*** happened? comp26.gif

I'm not a diva but I work from home as a private contractor for a marketing firm out of Ft. Lauderdale. I'm their network administrator. My wife also works for the same company. Maybe she will log on with my TRF ID and get stuff off her chest too confused13.gif

Good luck with being home again Sue trink39.gif

My dad jokes that the best way to get rid of lice is to shave a strip down the middle of your head. Then light the rest of your hair on fire, and when the little critters run into the bald strip, stab them with an ice pick.

I used to work for a marine doing cabinetry, and he told me the same sorta thing but it was about getting rid of crabs and instead of an ice pick he used something he called a K-Bar (a big ass knife). Instead of shaving one's head, he was talking about shaving one's sack..... unsure.gif well.... you get the picture. bolt.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Dec 23 2005, 08:12 PM)
I know I'm not probably welcome in here, but I gotta get something off my chest....

QUOTE (SullySue)

I'd like to keep this thread open for my fellow divas..... to ..... keep each other pumped!

QUOTE (GhostGirl)
Hell, give me an apron, some heels and pearls to wear while I vacuum...I'm a happy gal.

This thread started off smokin' assed hot. drool1.gif

What the f*** happened? comp26.gif

Well, you WERE welcome in here.... sarcasm.gif

tongue.gif

We'll try to keep it smokin' assed hot while we discuss how to get barf out of the carpet and gum out of a child's hair. K?

QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 23 2005, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (Trance @ Dec 23 2005, 07:08 PM)
ohmy.gif

Have about 10 of these  laugh.gif 

cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif  cosmo.gif

wacko.gif

Oh just make that an even dozen laugh.gif cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

Me, Trance and Rolinda will help ya drink them tongue.gif

thassa great idea, Daylin! *hic* biggrin.gif

Archived