Geddy Lee answers in 8 questions

rugen

I cringed on the “favorite Rush song” question.  It’s one of those questions that Geddy and Alex have surely been asked a billion times.  

59 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Your favorite Rush song?

The Garden.

That surprised me at first -- I expected something like Natural Science -- but it makes sense the more I think about it.

Quite the apt ending for Rush.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Your favorite Rush song?

The Garden.

That surprised me at first -- I expected something like Natural Science -- but it makes sense the more I think about it.

I would have, too. But then the final, of the final, of the last of all that business would feel more special than so many songs played over the decades?

It's' the "Zen" thing, the Garden being symbolic and it really was the the end? These guys always surprise me. Absolutely wonderful in many ways. 

58 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

Any idea if he or Alex knew Neil was going to do that? I don't ever recall reading that they did and seeing that video indicates they didn't. 

It was a total surprise. Geddy even said it into the microphone.

I'm guessing the book will go into more detail, but Ged seems to be alluding to the atmosphere in the camp not being that great towards the end of the R40 tour (which was insinuated on here at the time). Neil was in his happy place, others less so.

• Like 4