The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

2 hours ago, blueschica said:

Congrats, Pens! 4-2 over the Lightning and Tristan Jarry scores the first goal by a goalie in Pens history. :smile: :smile:

With the way Mrazek and Soderblom are playing, you may not have to wait a long time for another one of those.   :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

With the way Mrazek and Soderblom are playing, you may not have to wait a long time for another one of those.   :rolleyes: 

You have my sympathy! Mrazek had a better October! 

• Like 2

On 11/30/2023 at 12:43 PM, blackhawkrush said:

One statement from Kane at his press conference - 'It's great to come and play in a city where hockey matters'. A little shot at Chicago? Nice! 

Perhaps reading more into his words?  He has said how much Chicago has meant to him over the years, I don't think he meant any slight but that's just me.  Will be interesting to see how it goes, reuniting with DeBrincat could be fun to watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Perhaps reading more into his words?  He has said how much Chicago has meant to him over the years, I don't think he meant any slight but that's just me.  Will be interesting to see how it goes, reuniting with DeBrincat could be fun to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with his words, if that's what he meant. But it can also work to players' advantage. The pressure to perform is on a different level in Chicago than it is in, let's say, Toronto. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:03 AM, blackhawkrush said:

But this is a new batch. All the people from the Beach era are gone, including Rocky and the players. And at the press conference, it looked for a moment as if Davidson was going to start crying. 

The rumors about Bedard and his family really are over the top, now many are sniping and saying he might leave.  I bet that is what got Davidson so upset.  At least Perry apologized and is seeking treatment.  Still a very puzzling situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

The rumors about Bedard and his family really are over the top, now many are sniping and saying he might leave.  I bet that is what got Davidson so upset.  At least Perry apologized and is seeking treatment.  Still a very puzzling situation.

It certainly takes the heat off of Lucic. 

On 12/1/2023 at 2:19 PM, blackhawkrush said:

It certainly takes the heat off of Lucic. 

Once Lucic shows up in court, that will be front page news again. :eh:

On 12/3/2023 at 2:40 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Wild 4 Hawks 1 :facepalm: Bedard's 9th assist. 7-16-0 

He just keeps on scoring, he's fun to watch on tv and bet even better live.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Getting a bit concerned Bednar is wearing out his top players, now Makar is hurt again...not helping :confused:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Getting a bit concerned Bednar is wearing out his top players, now Makar is hurt again...not helping :confused:

Getting a bit concerned with Richardson putting any non-Bedard players on the ice.  :facepalm:

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Getting a bit concerned with Richardson putting any non-Bedard players on the ice.  :facepalm:

That's kind of hard not to do,  poor kid can't play by himself.  :sigh: Cale out for another game, here we go again with the injury bug. :eh:

• Like 1

Toronto's next two games are tonight, in Ottawa, against Ottawa, which Toronto, won 4-3, and on Sat., in Toronto, against Nashville, which Toronto, won 4-0.  Auston Matthews, scored two goals to give him eighteen in twenty-four games.  On the road, they are 6-2-3, and at home, they are 8-4-1, for an overall, 14-6-4. 

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 3 Blues 1 :smoke: Looking at team colors, Nova Carmina can imagine Liverpool beating Chelsea. 9-16-1 

That'll have to be my (imaginary) consolation, then. That was a dog of a performance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

That'll have to be my (imaginary) consolation, then. That was a dog of a performance.

Yeah, that was Mrazek in goal if I'm not mistaken. He was giving you the whole net to shoot at.    :wtf: 

Edited by blackhawkrush