In 2023, certainly this is "dad" enough to be a fathers day poll, right? Grunge coattail riders! STP vs. Bush

In 2023, certainly this is "dad" enough to be a fathers day poll, right? Grunge coattail riders! STP vs. Bush  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one band

2. 2. Choose one album

• Stone Temple Pilots - Core
    • Bush - Sixteen Stone
    • no choice
  3. 3. Choose one hit single

• Stone Temple Pilots - Plush
    • Bush - Glycerine
    • no choice
  4. 4. To satiate my curiosity... choose one band these two bands are said to have copied

STP is better...they succeeding in trying a bunch of different rock styles over the years. Core copied the living shit out of Pearl Jam but subsequent albums showed some expansion of their sound.

Bush is Nirvana-lite.

• Like 4

Ok, full transparency, I like STP a lot and I am not familiar with Bush.  I will have to do some research tomorrow!  But for now I voted STP with Scott, what a great voice, what a challenged life. Sad story.  

• Like 3

None of these bands really floated my boat tbh so I took the 'opt out' option and voted 'no choice' across the board.

Edited by zepphead

Bush copied Nirvana (Grunge band) more obviously to me anyway. Maybe it's because I don't like Bush, preferring STP.  Silverchair are also there -on the Grunge bandwagon,  I kind of like them too. Gavins voice annoys me.

1 hour ago, condemned2bfree said:

Bush copied Nirvana (Grunge band) more obviously to me anyway. Maybe it's because I don't like Bush, preferring STP.  Silverchair are also there -on the Grunge bandwagon,  I kind of like them too. Gavins voice annoys me.

Silverchair weren't afraid to put metal in there just like Billy Corgan on some Smashing Pumpkins songs like Pissant, XYU and An Ode to No One.  Israel's Son gets quite heavy and brutal at the end.

"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!":ROCK:

Edited by invisible airwave